Atmosphere at is shocking at Ibrox these days.

BlueBellDave

I expect to see a few things from rangers. Total commitment, closing down of spaces, players finding other rangers players with 5 yard passes and even if its going against us, players thundering into tackles.

Agreed, I don't think that's too much to ask for in return for support.

Agreed, I don't think that's too much to ask for in return for support.

I was pretty much on the "everything will come good side" up until a few weeks ago. I see nothing from us, I know we're a limited side now which I think most do. The effort shown is an absolute disgrace IMO.

I was pretty much on the "everything will come good side" up until a few weeks ago. I see nothing from us, I know we're a limited side now which I think most do. The effort shown is an absolute disgrace IMO.

The attitude stinks, and the manager is unable to improve anything.

AndyPendek wrote a good article about this the other day (it's on the homepage). We're so used to seeing the best players in the country, and I don't think we, as a support, have realised the extent of how much of change this is.

Not having a direct dig at the article as I haven't read it, but on the atmosphere I don't think it has anything to do with how good our players are. The atmosphere at games, especially home games, has been dwindling for years. It was an issue before the drop to Division 3 IMO.

Games against the taigs and the bigger European games aside the atmosphere has been shite for years, anyone who thinks it will drastically improve if the team play better are kidding themselves on.

Didn't see this post, basically aye this.

Edit - Apart from the fact of less boos and moans. But we won't suddenly take a throwback to when Ibrox was a fortress. It's tame as fuck now.

Didn't see this post, basically aye this.

Edit - Apart from the fact of less boos and moans. But we won't suddenly take a throwback to when Ibrox was a fortress. It's tame as fuck now.

Perhaps but there was a real buzz about the atmosphere this season all things considered. The football has gradually killed it off.

too many moaners, couple of weeks ago i was told to sit down because i was standing to observe the 2min clap for Sandy Jardine, pointed out to the guy that was the loudest i had heard him all season,he just went back to sitting in silence.

With WiFi they can Bitch and moan on here, it'll be like they aren't even at the game. Win, win.

we all no its garbage we're watching but too boo the team off at halve time then clap them back on again effs me off.this is our club the rangers,bye a ticket and cheer them on or please dont bother its driving me nuts.

As others have alluded to already, the atmosphere has been dropping for years. But this is not just happening with us, it's happening all around the world bar the odd exception(Germany)

Climates and attitudes change and people nowadays want to be entertained when paying lots of money for a product, just because someone moans or boo's doesn't mean they don't love our club. Football over the last 5 or so years has been pretty poor on the whole.

Why shouldn't fan's get upset when watching part timers look technically better than many of our players? Why shouldn't fans want to be entertained? It's not just a results driven business anymore, especially in Scotland. Prices to attend games are pathetic, £28+ to see Aberdeen was shocking.

Many fans turned up at Ibrox today in shocking conditions hoping to see us play well, instead we seen a team playing pish and not even looking interested. Nothing worse than the armchair fans who criticise others who attend games in such conditions, although these people are entitled to their opinion, so are the people who boo or moan at games.

Personally I don't boo anyone, I'll moan if a player does something stupid and gets sent off or that, but one gripe I have are fans who show up and just concentrate on a single player and slate them consistently no matter what. Some clown a few rows from me used to do that with Edu every week, seems like Perry and Naismith are the two new scapegoats.

If the players decided to show up in the first half, hardly done this for years, then the fans who not get restless and demand improvements. Players only have themselves to blame with such shocking performances and attitudes.

Maybe the club should look into copying Germany's model with cheap tickets etc and help get fans more encouraged when attending Ibrox.

Just the one? It was plural around me :lol:

West Enclosure isn't too bad tbh, get some people moaning now and then but this guy was constant. Even when it wasn't Edu making the mistake he would get blamed. Stupid old cunt!

I had an absolute psycho beside me at the Annan game. I can't explain the vile that he spouted at our players. Every swear word known to man and once over. Screaming at the top of his voice that they were all 'Useless cunts' etc.

Just no use in that, everybody is frustrated but FFS.

As others have alluded to already, the atmosphere has been dropping for years. But this is not just happening with us, it's happening all around the world bar the odd exception(Germany)

Climates and attitudes change and people nowadays want to be entertained when paying lots of money for a product, just because someone moans or boo's doesn't mean they don't love our club. Football over the last 5 or so years has been pretty poor on the whole.

Why shouldn't fan's get upset when watching part timers look technically better than many of our players? Why shouldn't fans want to be entertained? It's not just a results driven business anymore, especially in Scotland. Prices to attend games are pathetic, £28+ to see Aberdeen was shocking.

Many fans turned up at Ibrox today in shocking conditions hoping to see us play well, instead we seen a team playing pish and not even looking interested. Nothing worse than the armchair fans who criticise others who attend games in such conditions, although these people are entitled to their opinion, so are the people who boo or moan at games.

Personally I don't boo anyone, I'll moan if a player does something stupid and gets sent off or that, but one gripe I have are fans who show up and just concentrate on a single player and slate them consistently no matter what. Some clown a few rows from me used to do that with Edu every week, seems like Perry and Naismith are the two new scapegoats.

If the players decided to show up in the first half, hardly done this for years, then the fans would not get restless and demand improvements. Players only have themselves to blame with such shocking performances and attitudes.

Maybe the club should look into copying Germany's model with cheap tickets etc and help get fans more encouraged when attending Ibrox.

Remember being in the Nou Camp for a game,takes your breath away when you go in,i was in tier three,unreal view it is soooo steep,but as for atmosphere,nowhere near the noise a full Ibrox can generate,now i was at a local derby in Barca against Gimnastic [whatever happened to them] ,and honestly at half time the players walk out in pairs etc. no huge ovation,nothing like Ibrox,but in their defence they give out the teamsheets instead of programmes pre match,and the sellers after the game give out free huge packets of these cheap crisps etc.and the stadium itself has nowhere near the aura that Ibrox has,maybe im a bit biased,no dont think so.....by the way there was over 90,000 at the game....

It's been like that for as long as I can remember.

We have a horrible element of our support who create a negative atmosphere in the ground.

Charles Green recently said Walter told him we were booed to nine in a row. I know exactly what Walter means.

The fans are great when things are going well but there's a horrible section of our support who will turn on them in the blink of an eye.

It's been like that for as long as I can remember.

We have a horrible element of our support who create a negative atmosphere in the ground.

Charles Green recently said Walter told him we were booed to nine in a row. I know exactly what Walter means.

The fans are great when things are going well but there's a horrible section of our support who will turn on them in the blink of an eye.

Maybe SPOILT being the word you are looking for,fck try going in the early 80s,and Dundee Utd, and Aberdeen were cuffing us,to be fair they were beating the best in Europe at the time,and you know what i was right behind they teams then,Dundee United for me at the time should have won the UEFA CUP and were CHEATED out of the Final of the European Cup in one of the biggest stitch ups in European football history after being 2-0 up against AS Roma in the semi-final only to lose the return in Rome 0-3,and guess where the final was played,ROME,cheating bastards,anyway Liverpool beat them on pens,remember Grobelaar with his fancy waving[the Liverpool goalie].Oh how times have changed,i feel nothing but loathe for that club now....all instigated from one club,and one club only,and we all know who they are,shame really............