Vanguard Bears - No Third Chances Allowed

djbroxybear

I'm the person who wrote the piece, I wouldn't say author as writing articles is not my thing but I like to try from time to time.

The article is not a personal attack on McCoist, I'm simply being critical of him as a football manager as I'm perfectly entitled too. Many of you missed the point where I said I wished he was kept on at the club but not as manager. The guy was my hero 2nd only to Davie Cooper so trust me I wanted him to succeed but he simply doesn't have it and comes across more clueless as time passes.

As stated we've no room for sentiment after what we've went through as a club but we should still show McCoist respect and let him fall on his own sword.

This isn't about non footballing issues, it's about footballing ones and who can honestly disagree with the fact that all bar little have progressed as players under McCoist?

Now some will jump on to disagree with me since it came from VB anyway but I'm travelling home and away and have met but a handful who would give more time.

The people who say this is the feelings of the minority have their heads buried in the sand or their judgement is clouded by sentiment.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

would you not agree though that he should be able to beat what is in front of him in this league easily without having to rely on a transfer window or a no pre-season excuse? and when i say easily i mean each game should be a stroll with at least some football, not a dragged out 1 goal victory.

i'm amazed no other manager in the league has been cheecky and said 'yeah we didnt have a pre-season and couldnt bring any players in'. that would be embarrassing to hear. i think we all forget where we are.

21 wins out of 30 with only 2 defeats would usually be good for a team in most leagues under normal circumstances nevermind the ones ally has faced.

21 wins out of 30 with only 2 defeats would usually be good for a team in most leagues under normal circumstances nevermind the ones ally has faced.

Throwing stats about like that is fine if you balance it up re the standard of our squad against that of the opposition.

If I said I won 23 out of 25 boxing matches it would sound quite good, but if I then told you they were all against 5 year old lassies then it changes it.

go to the under 16/17s and get players. he should drop anyone who is not performing or playing to standard. we have players who can play, he just chooses not to play them.

.. if he did that and lost this place would go into meltdown - fairly poor answer in my opinion / nothing against playing 16/17 year olds but if they are not good enough or ready it's not going to do them, the team or the manager any good

would you not agree though that he should be able to beat what is in front of him in this league easily without having to rely on a transfer window or a no pre-season excuse? and when i say easily i mean each game should be a stroll with at least some football, not a dragged out 1 goal victory.

i'm amazed no other manager in the league has been cheecky and said 'yeah we didnt have a pre-season and couldnt bring any players in'. that would be embarrassing to hear. i think we all forget where we are.

I think it's pretty arrogant to think we will win ever game by a whack of goals with a cobbled together squad / look at general cup results spl3 trams don't get humped like that by anyone !

Throwing stats about like that is fine if you balance it up re the standard of our squad against that of the opposition.

If I said I won 23 out of 25 boxing matches it would sound quite good, but if I then told you they were all against 5 year old lassies then if changes it.

true. i feel like this is like doing a primary 1 maths test, but you got hammered the night before, and turned up 10 minutes before the exam. you should get a better grade than the primary 1's taking the exam, regardless of the state you are in

.. if he did that and lost this place would go into meltdown - fairly poor answer in my opinion / nothing against playing 16/17 year olds but if they are not good enough or ready it's not going to do them, the team or the manager any good

i dont think this place would go into melt down at all. some players need a bit of a wake up call, and knowing that the manager will drop you if you are not performing would provide that. you said he had no choices, and i argue that he does. we dont know if our younger players are any good, because they only get played if disaster strikes and we have nobody that can be shoe-horned into a position. i'd also add that i think it would be the mark of a strong manager, if he would take the chance on some real youngsters rather than stick with his tried and tested (but terrible) undroppables (Black, Shiels etc)

am i not allowed to change my mind? i was quite honest and stated it clearly for all to see, and took the abuse for changing my opinion on the chin,would you rather i just stuck to my original reaction and ignored what i thought i did that was wrong.As i said that night it dawned on me i was not being loyal enough towards ally,when arguing with someone else on here. believe me since then i fell alot better about myself and have tried harder to focus on the positives instead of only moaning about the negatives,and can see other fans making the same mistake i did.

Changing your mind is completely fair enough and to be honest after watching the 'rising' my opinion softened for a whole until things continued to regress however to be 100% clear holding the opinion that ally is not getting the best out of our current squad or having concerns that he does not have the managerial attributes to be a success does not make you 'disloyal' in any way and regardless your loyalty should always be with the club not with an individual!

I would argue that with the exception of Andy Little every single player's form has suffered as the season has gone on.

Andy Little is rid rotten, he has banged in a few goals but for Christs sake it's against 3rd Div teams, outside of being able to put a ball past a postman or Plumber he has very little to offer.

Yes, looking at the big picture of climbing the leagues year on year, matching and overtaking the scum and qualifying for the CL year on year, Ally is certainly the man. A tactical genious, a real eye for a player, a tactical genious, a motivator of men, a master coach?

Some, really do need a good look at themselves.

This is a one off opportunity in a lifetime and we dare not, cannot, fuck it up, or the scum will dominate for a lifetime.

Good post by the OP. The sentiments of many I am sure.

By any criteria McCoist has been an abissmal failure as a football manager, if it was anyone else 99% of the support would want the manager removed. We can discuss this till we are blue in the face, the crunch will come when ST renewals are issued. I believe CG is in for a shock, guys around me who normally stay till the last few minutes are now leaving a lot earlier and saying they will not be renewing next year. They have had enough of the dire football we have all had to endure, and who can blame them?

I agree the internet is hardly a place for truthful opinion or a valid representation of the wider support but purely just where I sit (govan rear) and by speaking to guys in the pubs before the games there definitely does seem to be a change in atmosphere and opinion to both this season and the job Ally is doing.....Attendances have fallen recently which may also be an indication that all is not well and it certainly wasnt a minority booing at the weekend.....

I agree the internet is hardly a place for truthful opinion or a valid representation of the wider support but purely just where I sit (govan rear) and by speaking to guys in the pubs before the games there definitely does seem to be a change in atmosphere and opinion to both this season and the job Ally is doing.....Attendances have fallen recently which may also be an indication that all is not well and it certainly wasnt a minority booing at the weekend.....

while we are on subject of booing there was a lot of young players in the team i am sure all the booing has realy helped there

confidence this is one of the things all good managers try to protect there young players from .the players and the coaching staff know

the fans are not pleased maybe if all the boo boys were to sing instead and be the 12th man this would help the team i get annoyed watching

the way we play but when i leave each game i just feel angry and disgusted when i hear people booing so just a small message for the boo boys

get tae fuck

while we are on subject of booing there was a lot of young players in the team i am sure all the booing has realy helped there

confidence this is one of the things all good managers try to protect there young players from .the players and the coaching staff know

the fans are not pleased maybe if all the boo boys were to sing instead and be the 12th man this would help the team i get annoyed watching

the way we play but when i leave each game i just feel angry and disgusted when i hear people booing so just a small message for the boo boys

get tae fuck

Take it your happy to pay your money to watch mediocre pish.

get tae fuck

Fans pay their money to support the team and if they are not happy with what they are being subjected to then they have a right to show their displeasure in any way they want, regardless of weather you or I agree with that....booing happens at every single club around the world at different times and the important thing is for the players to react to that in a positive way (like Everton last week)....fact is if you or the players can't handle or accept that then it's best you "get tae fuck" as you would say!

Fans pay their money to support the team and if they are not happy with what they are being subjected to then they have a right to show their displeasure in any way they want, regardless of weather you or I agree with that....booing happens at every single club around the world at different times and the important thing is for the players to react to that in a positive way (like Everton last week)....fact is if you or the players can't handle or accept that then it's best you "get tae fuck" as you would say!

so you think booing young guys is the answer try singing instead of booing just might make them play better

so you think booing young guys is the answer try singing instead of booing just might make them play better

I didn't say it was the answer....I said it is part and parcel of football and the players have to be able to react positively to that young or old....

I didn't say it was the answer....I said it is part and parcel of football and the players have to be able to react positively to that young or old....

point i am trying to make is booing them will only make there heads go down chear and sing may lift them the stadium is almost like a graveyard

and the last thing i want to hear is a booing noise from all around the stadium and then have top listen to tims saying to me heard your team got booed of the

park again

point i am trying to make is booing them will only make there heads go down chear and sing may lift them the stadium is almost like a graveyard

and the last thing i want to hear is a booing noise from all around the stadium and then have top listen to tims saying to me heard your team got booed of the

park again

Football support is a two way street though.....the fans were supportive and sang their hearts out yet the players didn't respond and as time has passed and the performances have not improved it has become harder for fans to get enthused and create an atmosphere....they go hand in hand!