New manager thread

I have no problem with discussion about a new manager, the mantra "No one is bigger than the club" is thrown about for a reason.

Where we need to take care is in this insidious campaign to smear our current management team and Ally in particular, this has been going on in the postings of opposition fan and newspaper articles for many years, Ally is a popular figure with the press, this hasn't stopped him from be refered to as "Fat sally" a figure of fun, not a credible football manager, but a game show contestant. Ally has delivered the 3rd division, and in hindsight our mistake, as a support, we hoped for silky stylish football, when the reality was bruttal, bludgeoning football would have been more successful.

The tarrier support claimed the moral high ground when they had a rookie manager, a "man" who inherited a fully functioning and successful team, any show of dissension toward their manager was shouted down, indeed the establishment passed new laws to protect him, he was allowed to grow into the job, aided in no small part by Craig Whyte, HMRC, the SPL and a whole lot of other organisations known by their initials. A solitary scottish cup was proclaimed by euphoric tims as "that was better than winning the league".

Do we need a new manager, do we hell, let appreciate the one we have. Ally has not had his last throw of the dice, If we can't give him support lets at least give him some respect.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you honestly think Chales Green will sit back and accept these kind of pish performances and condone the same old sound bits every other week as the attendances plummet at Ibrox?

If we are to just accept mediocre football for 3 years just because its Ally McCoist then I despair how long it's actually going to take to challenge Celtic at the top.

I'm not happy about it and it is awful to watch, but I just can't be arsed to sit and read the same four or five people having the same argument over and over again for the next three years. It's already getting tiresome now.

I'm willing to see how things go this Summer and in the early part of next season before I make a proper judgement, but ultimately I don't think McCoist is going to be the man to manage us in the long term, but with the sheer strength of our resources I he will take us back to the SPL unbroken. Wether that's going to be enough for Green to percivere with him remains to be seen.

Every week this thread pops up.

It's tiresome and this is coming from someone who believes a change in manager is needed.

Ally will be in charge next season, we just need to deal with it and move on!

Do we now? Well this season book holder of over 30 years wont be renewing next season, it's game by game as it's the only power I have! McCoist is the worse manager I have ever known, worse than Davie White, John Grieg or Paul Le Guen by fucking miles. Deal with that!

Do we now? Well this season book holder of over 30 years wont be renewing next season, it's game by game as it's the only power I have! McCoist is the worse manager I have ever known, worse than Davie White, John Grieg or Paul Le Guen by fucking miles. Deal with that!

lol

I'm not happy about it and it is awful to watch, but I just can't be arsed to sit and read the same four or five people having the same argument over and over again for the next three years. It's already getting tiresome now.

I'm willing to see how things go this Summer and in the early part of next season before I make a proper judgement, but ultimately I don't think McCoist is going to be the man to manage us in the long term, but with the sheer strength of our resources I he will take us back to the SPL unbroken. Wether that's going to be enough for Green to percivere with him remains to be seen.

I notice your up in Shetland so I don't suppose it's easy to get to many games bud, but if you had been at the game yesterday you would have heard everybody saying the same thing, that were fucking sick of it and all my mates are determined to be rid of him by the seasons close! If Super loves Rangers he will do the right thing and move aside to let someone with the experience and drive to take us back where we belong.

I notice your up in Shetland so I don't suppose it's easy to get to many games bud, but if you had been at the game yesterday you would have heard everybody saying the same thing, that were fucking sick of it and all my mates are determined to be rid of him by the seasons close! If Super loves Rangers he will do the right thing and move aside to let someone with the experience and drive to take us back where we belong.

Lol

It seems pretty clear that mccoists position has been become untenable after the end of the season. CG knows ST sales will slump if he is still in charge

A lot of names have been branded about but who would you like to see take over and kick start the revival??

Jose Mourinho, Sir Alex Ferguson and Pep Guardiola as a team; as well as one of our own who have stunned the world with their Football Manager 2013 abilities.

I don't get to anywhere near as many games as I should and I appreciate that it must be more difficult/frustrating for the people who are paying money to go & see it every week.

I don't think McCoist will be here long term, but I can't see Green replacing him just yet.

lol

If he would take the job I'd bring in Terry Butcher. He's impressed me throughout the years as a manager and knows how to groom youth players too as well as playing attacking football.

Another added bonus is that he knows what our football club is all about.

You are easily impressed then.

The man is a clown.

People who have worked for him are scathing about his lack of attributes.

I'd rather eat my own shit than have him as our manager

A 'generic McCoist debate thread' or something could be created if you want to avoid the forum being too clogged up. But people shouldn't have to hold back their opinions just because the issue isn't going away in a hurray.

If a new manager was to come in and try change our whole footballing style people would be calling for head after our first defeat/draw. People will complain like fuck about anything regardless of whos in charge.

If a new manager was to come in and try change our whole footballing style people would be calling for head after our first defeat/draw. People will complain like fuck about anything regardless of whos in charge.

Maybe we should go for the world record no of football managers, the football would be shite, but Chas could announce how we are doing before every game....

CG has given Ally plenty of rope and with his recent post match interviews, he is slowly but surely hanging himself.

I get the impression that this is happening too. I don't think McCoist is the man Green wants in charge. Ally is doing enough to turn the fans against him as it is so I imagine Green is sitting back and waiting for the right moment.

So, we have just won the league, albeit with some poor performances and most on here want Ally sacked. Fuck me you lot wouldn't have lasted long in the early 80's.

The man deserves better from us, at least give him a season with his choice of players. The heart was ripped from our club just over 12 months ago, we were biting our nails and praying for survival, look at us now eh.

Some on here should be ashamed of themselves, yes the football is dire some of the players should be kicked out and we need to see improvement but give the man some credit.

Some of the comments on here are more embarrassing than the football we have played.

Well said that man !