Your ONE most memorable moment following our team

DNW

Hi fellow BEARS

Finally signed up today.

My most memorable moment was September 30th 1992 v Danish champions Lyngby.

Was the qualifying round for the the 1st Champions League.

We won 1-0 that night in their national stadium.

This was my 1st ever European adventure following my team.

Ian Durrant scored the winner with 5 mins to go.

As you will be aware, this was the campaign where we almost made the final.

Oh the memories !

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1986 League Cup Final at Hampdump

Last minute penalty to Rangers in front of the Celtic hoardes. Mc Coist steps up and strokes the ball bonner dives and saves... cue the dhims going wild as Ally strokes in the rebound... utter silence and their hands just dropped. That is a sight that will never leave my mind!

Coops free kick v the sheep

Manchester roasting hot day just a shame about the result and trouble afterwards

has to be for me beating the mob 3---2 atv Ibrox last season to stop them winning the league apart from the last 5 minutes we tore them to shreds. Aluko was outstanding that day.

Good shout

Was in the Club Deck that day and even the old guys around me lost the plot.

WATP

as this is my first post its only right i should post about my favorite Gers moment

the 1973 scottish cup final,i think it will be high on the list of Bears of a certain age

the day i traveled in to Glasgow in the service bus me an ma pal all decked out in our union jacks hats in scarves then down to central station where we were stopped by a guy wanting a picture for the pink evening paper there we were on the front of the pink

on to Hampden christ it was electric think there was 128k at that game,if ma mammy only knew what two 13 year old boys were in that day

the crowd was so big you could,nt lift your arms from the sides of your body if the crowd swayed you went with it the atmosphere was something i,ll never ever forget

the game if i remember swung to and fro but in the end big Tam did his bit and as he swung round with doddy clinging to him the noise was hard to explain,the stoor,the sway,the joy,the singin for the rest of the game...One of the best games i,ve ever been at

99, them and their fans losing the plot at the tattiedome, road to manchester and the other is helicopter sunday "the helicopter is changing direction"

not having setenta 2 at the time i was stuck watching them vs well, they scored i like many other knew it was over but then in the dying mins in the second half, wee scotty pops up and scores an equalizer then a min later he strikes again, fucking incredible.

as this is my first post its only right i should post about my favorite Gers moment

the 1973 scottish cup final,i think it will be high on the list of Bears of a certain age

the day i traveled in to Glasgow in the service bus me an ma pal all decked out in our union jacks hats in scarves then down to central station where we were stopped by a guy wanting a picture for the pink evening paper there we were on the front of the pink

on to Hampden christ it was electric think there was 128k at that game,if ma mammy only knew what two 13 year old boys were in that day

the crowd was so big you could,nt lift your arms from the sides of your body if the crowd swayed you went with it the atmosphere was something i,ll never ever forget

the game if i remember swung to and fro but in the end big Tam did his bit and as he swung round with doddy clinging to him the noise was hard to explain,the stoor,the sway,the joy,the singin for the rest of the game...One of the best games i,ve ever been at

The trip to Manchester. Leaving the Grapes at sunrise and then joining the motorway which was absolutely gridlocked with all the cars with Rangers scarfs hanging out their windows :21:

Folk were getting off the bus to go for a pish at the side of the road and then jumping in randoms cars for a sinson, then turning up at the door to the bus an hour later :lol:

Then arriving in Manchester and walking into the centre and office workers coming out to get photos with us :D could talk all day about it :D

Hi Les

I'm not quite old enough to remember the days of 100,000 + crowds but I get goosebumps when my dad talks about those days.

I would have loved to have savoured that kind of atmosphere.

Although you can see why they had to bring in all seater stadiums.

Used to love picking up the pink Evening Times at queen street station to find out all the days results.

How times have changed.

Cant remember what year it was but the cup semi-final at Hampden when Davie Robertson got sent off after 6mins and McCoist scored the winner.

It was before Hampden got redeveloped and part of it had no roof, we stood uncovered in the pissing rain soaked to the bone but what a night.

It was my first ever old firm game.