Ally Confirms.......

Ally confirms....this is our 55th title as Ive always said.....so enough already...and lets ALL get behind the team to bring home number 56....

ALLY McCOIST last night insisted Rangers’ Third Division title win is the 55th in the club’s history.

And not the first championship for the newco Rangers formed after liquidation last summer.

Rival fans have insisted Sevco, the business concern that bought Rangers’ assets after the Ibrox club went into liquidation and then changed its name to The Rangers Football Club Limited last year, started a new club.

And those fans maintain Rangers’ title triumph is the first in the new concern’s history.

But McCoist said yesterday: “It’s definitely title 55. I don’t think there’s any doubt about that.

“In terms of major championships, it’s not one of those. But you can only win what’s in front of you and I hope it’s title 56 next season.”

:21:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's a bit embarrasing if we claim this as our 55th title.

Sorry Ally but winning a title should be an achievement.

Struggling to beat guys who basically play football as a hobby is no achievement in my eyes.

Once we wrap up the SPL title again then we can sing about 55 titles.

Ally confirms....this is our 55th title as Ive always said.....so enough already...and lets ALL get behind the team to bring home number 56....

ALLY McCOIST last night insisted Rangers’ Third Division title win is the 55th in the club’s history.

And not the first championship for the newco Rangers formed after liquidation last summer.

Rival fans have insisted Sevco, the business concern that bought Rangers’ assets after the Ibrox club went into liquidation and then changed its name to The Rangers Football Club Limited last year, started a new club.

And those fans maintain Rangers’ title triumph is the first in the new concern’s history.

But McCoist said yesterday: “It’s definitely title 55. I don’t think there’s any doubt about that.

“In terms of major championships, it’s not one of those. But you can only win what’s in front of you and I hope it’s title 56 next season.”

the club sent out an email saying 54

I think he is arguing the point that its not our first title as a new club as some people outside Rangers would have you believe. He is saying here we have unbroken history.

I do not think he is making the argument that we should be singing 55 titles and still going strong. It is still 54 titles until we win the top league again. 54 times champion of your country is what we sing about not 54 times champion of your country and one minor league title.

The OP's deliberately not posted the next piece of the article.

It's from the Daily Rubbish.

Furious debate among fans is sure to now follow the Rangers manager’s comments on the weekend title win.

A statement on Rangers’ official website on Saturday night said the championship “does not count towards the club’s world record haul of 54 titles”.

It added: “That figure only takes into account top-flight championship wins. The success won’t be added to Rangers’ unrivalled figure of 115 major honours, comprised also of 33 Scottish Cups, 27 League Cups and the 1972 Cup Winners’ Cup.”

And this

In the meantime, McCoist’s other reason for refusing to underestimate the title – won when Queen’s Park lost to Elgin after Rangers had drawn with Montrose – is that it kept him in a job.

http://www.<No links to this website>/sport/football/football-news/ally-mccoist-insists-rangers-third-1797408

Source? Less than half the article quoted compared to the one's I've read and heard on the radio.

Ally was basically saying it's another title, not our first ever ( SEVCO bheggar pish ). He said clearly we've 54 titles + this 3rd div one. The club state the same.

We're 54 and counting....... end of

Well considering that the official line from the club is that it's 54 major titles+ a div.3 championship and that this one will not count towards our tally,I think Ally better have a word with the board.

Christ, can someone please explain to me how a 3rd Division title is the same as a top tier title? Not the same trophy or league, this is getting embarrassing.

He even says its not a major title!! I will never count this in with our total. Champions of scotland 54 times 1 time sfl3 champs. To claim a part time league in with top tier titles is embarressing!!

Why do we still give a fuck and feel the need to justify ourselves to cunts that do not matter that this is our 55th title or our first.

The inbred cunts that support these shitey jealous no mark football clubs will forever be jealous of our triumphs and know that they will never come close to achieving what we have and will continue to do.

We know we are still the same by fuck they also do but continue the new club pish because they can't handle the truth.

Why do we still give a fuck and feel the need to justify ourselves to cunts that do not matter that this is our 55th title or our first.

The inbred cunts that support these shitey jealous no mark football clubs will forever be jealous of our triumphs and know that they will never come close to achieving what we have and will continue to do.

We know we are still the same by fuck they also do but continue the new club pish because they can't handle the truth.

The argument is whether the 3rd division title should be our 55th league title or do we have 54 league titles plus one 3rd division title. Absolutely nothing to do with anyone attempting to say it's our 1st title.