Fans Scouting ?

Ace

With Ally admitting the club has to look at our whole scouting system, I believe that we have a huge untapped resource that is constantly overlooked .... the support !!

We have a huge support in all corners of the globe, the club could tap into that huge resource by getting scouting reports or recommendations from fans about players in their part if the world.

This could even be formalised by the club, providing training to those who wish to help.

There are plenty fans out there who watch local football and can spot a player, why don't we use that to identify players that could be overlooked otherwise.

Also, surely a lot cheaper than appointing official scouts everywhere.

With Ally admitting the club has to look at our whole scouting system, I believe that we have a huge untapped resource that is constantly overlooked .... the support !!

We have a huge support in all corners of the globe, the club could tap into that huge resource by getting scouting reports or recommendations from fans about players in their part if the world.

This could even be formalised by the club, providing training to those who wish to help.

There are plenty fans out there who watch local football and can spot a player, why don't we use that to identify players that could be overlooked otherwise.

I don't think this is a bad idea and I posted something similair a few months back.....as you say with fans all over the world the club could create a scouting template for fans to submit and if a player was signed off that initial recommendation having being verified then they could get some kind of fee otherwise it would cost the club nothing and potentially open up a mass resource for them to use!

I don't think this is a bad idea and I posted something similair a few months back.....as you say with fans all over the world the club could create a scouting template for fans to submit and if a player was signed off that initial recommendation having being verified then they could get some kind of fee otherwise it would cost the club nothing and potentially open up a mass resource for them to use!

That's my view also.

It's a free resource and fans would love to be involved in helping the club move forward.

a system where you could enter a players name/club/position. the results would be collated and players who have been mentioned several times the club would then look at.

only problem with this would be to stop tims getting in on it

a system where you could enter a players name/club/position. the results would be collated and players who have been mentioned several times the club would then look at.

only problem with this would be to stop tims getting in on it

Any player would still be viewed, easy to contact a more solid source in the area beit an ex-player or recognised coach.

The principle is solid, IMO

You couldn't put hundreds and hundreds of names forward. The best way to do something like this might be to put names forward for each position. Let people on the forum vote on the players put forward to narrow the list right down to one name per position. Once you have that final eleven you could put that forward.

You couldn't put hundreds and hundreds of names forward. The best way to do something like this might be to put names forward for each position. Let people on the forum vote on the players put forward to narrow the list right down to one name per position. Once you have that final eleven you could put that forward.

If the club created a template for fans to submit scouting reports (detailed) then someone at the club could be asked to administer the database and pass on suggestions to the chief scout who could then take it further if suitable!

fuck that people on here thought kane hemmings a player.

Never work. there are too many people out there that think they know better than the manager of their club, but don't and the same goes for spotting a player. A player that looks good in local games most probably looks good at that level, a scout will decide if he could cut it at another level.

Rangers would end up spending money looking at non-starters

Few clubs use Fm as a scouting tool, Everton do if I remember right.

This is more like it!

FM has volunteers to rate players of their chosen club and having been one previously, they demand accurate data. This is the data we could potentially use.