I will never quit

KingKirk

ALLY McCOIST has revealed he’s more determined than ever before to be Rangers manager.

The Gers gaffer insists nothing at Ibrox will EVER make him quit.

McCoist famously stated he ‘doesn’t do walking away’ after going into administration.

There have been growing concerns he was ready to go.

But asked if the strains could see him quit, he vowed: “I’m miles away from that point. In fact, I WON’T reach that point.

“If and when I leave this club it will not be for the reason I couldn’t take any more.

“I’m more determined than ever to do this job.

“I say that because I don’t mind a scrap. I quite like a challenge. I like to meet things head-on and get on with it.

“Listen, I know the position I’m in at the moment as boss of the football club.

“But the one thing you’re guaranteed with this job is stick.

Running “Walter Smith got it. Willie Waddell got it. Bill Struth got it. Everybody got it. It goes with the territory, but it certainly hasn’t put me off in any way.

“I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, we’re doing alright. Those boys in there who won the title have done alright.

“I had a wee look at the paper to confirm it, and it’s true, we’re 24 points clear.

“I’d imagine things might be a little bit different if there were three or four games to go and we were still running for the title.”

McCoist has been unhappy with statements from outspoken owner Charles Green which branded his team the worst in Rangers’ history. And the Ibrox boss has lost backroom staff such as scout Neil Murray and physio Pip Yeates.

Yesterday there were reports chief executive Green had invited McCoist to SACK his coaches Ian Durrant and Kenny McDowall.

But the Gers boss insists: “I’ll make it quite clear, I have not entered any discussions about Kenny and Ian with Charles. I haven’t done it, so that’s that one cleared up.

“And on that subject, Kenny, Ian and myself, along with Walter won three titles and went to a European Final.

“Craig Whyte came to town, there were obviously cutbacks, so we didn’t win a title.

“Now this year we’ve managed to win a title.

“But I reiterate, I have not entered into any discussions at all with Charles regarding Kenny and Ian.”

McCoist insists he has a good working relationship with Green despite that.

He added: “I know for a fact that Charles wants to take the club forward. Absolutely.

“I don’t have any doubt we’ll have healthy disagreements on the way we’ll take the club forward.

“There are different reasons for the departures of Pip, Neil and Fran Sandaza and I’m aware of those reasons.

“I’ve accepted it and I’ll move on. I’d hope they will be replaced.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/feeds/smartphone/scotland/4880630/I-will-never-Quit.html#ixzz2Q0o6czVn

I've said this all along.

Do you mean when you said Ally wouldn't walk if he felt he couldn't take us further?

That's not what I picked up from that article mate, I read it more like the off field shit wont make him walk.

Do you mean when you said Ally wouldn't walk if he felt he couldn't take us further?

That's not what I picked up from that article mate, I read it more like the off field shit wont make him walk.

No, more that I don't think he'd walk from this job under any circumstances. And I don't blame him for that at all.

Next season will tell if Ally has the right stuff as a manager.

Yup, excuse time is over, he will (hopefully) get some new players in and shift some of the under achievers out. He will get a preseason and at least 1 full unhindered transfer window.

If after all that the team is still not performing a bit better and more consistantly, then he will probably get the bullet, or walk. And I couldn't argue with it if it happened.

Next season will tell if Ally has the right stuff as a manager.

You are bang on. My biggest single disappointment this season has been the failure to improve the quality of football on display. Over the season we are only marginally better than we were in our first half-dozen games. I really expected a lot more.

Was the lack of improvement down to Ally and the backroom staff or down to the playing staff??

I suspect it was a bit of both. Ally seemed incapable of changing tactics when it mattered and the man I thought sure would be a great motivator seemed to fall short.

Many of the players, especially the more experienced players let us down both in ability more noticeably in attitude. Many could learn from the on-field attitudes of players such as - Alexander, McCulloch and Wallace.

Ally now has the remaining few games of this season plus the close season to turn it all around.

Matters would be helped I suspect if we actually knew which division we will be playing in. Be it the bottom tier on Div 2 we have a squad on paper who should be more than capable of cruising through either of these leagues.

So its up to you Ally. Can you hack it??? Can you get the players motivated? Can you change attitudes? Can you improve the quality of football?

I hope that will be a YES, YES, YES, YES.

Ultimately its up to the Ally to prove he is capable of managing The Rangers Football Club.

Yup, excuse time is over, he will (hopefully) get some new players in and shift some of the under achievers out. He will get a preseason and at least 1 full unhindered transfer window.

If after all that the team is still not performing a bit better and more consistantly, then he will probably get the bullet, or walk. And I couldn't argue with it if it happened.

Fine sentiments, but as far as I'm concerned...........my mind is made up , as I do not go with all this preseason nonsense and he needs to get signing players. To these well worn eyes Ally and his view on how football should be played is way way way different from mine, his set ups are negative, lacking in flair and he has shown a distinct lack of knowledge in being able to change the formation of a team when his seemingly one and only plan does not work on the park.

I know you say that people post the same old same old about Ally, well if threads are made relating to Ally and people continue to say, Ally needs another season, well that opens the door for replies and isn't it strange the one thing that keeps coming back is , his skills or rather the lack of , that is the problem..he just hasn't got it and no preseason will ever change that.

So in a nutshell that is the only problem re Ally , yet the one problem that is greater than anyother.

Good article, lays a few myths to rest. I have never doubted that Ally would and will walk if he felt that he couldn't take the team further. We are far from that point. Nice to see a bit of positivity from most posters.

Good article, lays a few myths to rest. I have never doubted that Ally would and will walk if he felt that he couldn't take the team further. We are far from that point. Nice to see a bit of positivity from most posters.

The Timposters will be along soon enough, when you don't have a job you don't usually get up till mid afternoon ;)

Fine sentiments, but as far as I'm concerned...........my mind is made up , as I do not go with all this preseason nonsense and he needs to get signing players. To these well worn eyes Ally and his view on how football should be played is way way way different from mine, his set ups are negative, lacking in flair and he has shown a distinct lack of knowledge in being able to change the formation of a team when his seemingly one and only plan does not work on the park.

I know you say that people post the same old same old about Ally, well if threads are made relating to Ally and people continue to say, Ally needs another season, well that opens the door for replies and isn't it strange the one thing that keeps coming back is , his skills or rather the lack of , that is the problem..he just hasn't got it and no preseason will ever change that.

So in a nutshell that is the only problem re Ally , yet the one problem that is greater than anyother.

No point going on about it, it falls on deaf ears. I dont rate him as a manager but it is what it is and he is here. Looks like we will have to stick with it.

It actually just emphasises the sensationalised spin the media will put on headlines and story's....the other day they were telling us ally was ready to quit if he green didn't back him and now he won't quit for anything.....the sooner press regulations come in the better!

Glad to hear ally isn't getting to down about all the recent negativity generated in the press.....