Fifa 14 news

StevieMac90

I really hate the momentum switch shite, you actually feel your players become worse when you concede, or right before half time, or right on 90 mins. On what planet is it a good idea to make the game unfair like that? It's been that way since fifa 12, it means the better players are being fucked out of games they should win because your whole defence is sitting on the halfway line eventhough you are playing defensive. EA are a joke they are catering for 10 year olds who cant play the game so they give them these unfair advantages to make them think they are good at the game. I know I'm good at fifa but there are times when I'm getting trolled everytime I get the ball and attempt a pass it goes straight to the opposition no matter what I do and this will keep happening untill they score, pathetic.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hate the momentum switch shite, you actually feel your players become worse when you concede, or right before half time, or right on 90 mins. On what planet is it a good idea to make the game unfair like that? It's been that way since fifa 12, it means the better players are being fucked out of games they should win because your whole defence is sitting on the halfway line eventhough you are playing defensive. EA are a joke they are catering for 10 year olds who cant play the game so they give them these unfair advantages to make them think they are good at the game. I know I'm good at fifa but there are times when I'm getting trolled everytime I get the ball and attempt a pass it goes straight to the opposition no matter what I do and this will keep happening untill they score, pathetic.

Catering to the kids is what makes them 15 million in sales each year thats why im worried they wont change much nxt-gen!

Ea have outsmarted everyone by making a shit game and basically changing nothing from the previous year, I'm actually gutted I bought it

I don't know what you were expecting. The exact same thing happened the year both titles were released on PS2 and Ps3 (Xbox and 360).

So much improvement has gone into the egnite engine which is looks utterly outstanding.

I don't know what you were expecting. The exact same thing happened the year both titles were released on PS2 and Ps3 (Xbox and 360).

So much improvement has gone into the egnite engine which is looks utterly outstanding.

Well the PC version utilises the engine just as well as the next gen consoles will, so right now it's a good buy.

Three times now I've been winning/drawing and the games disconnected saying I've signed out of EA Sports server yet my net is still working fine and I can sign right back in.... Fucking frustrating. Happening to anyone else?

Ive experienced lag on my 360 version of PES to be fair. Uncalled for in this day and age. Im sure they shipped a game out in a worse state a couple years ago but they patched it really early?

Yeah. Most of the games they have to patch which is embarrassing and a reason EA shit on them every single year.

It's criminal to ship a game that's not finished and has frame rate and lag offline (online is a no go altogether). They promised a face pack because it only has around 100 real player faces in the game but that's been pushed back because of the horrible gameplay.

I honestly think Konami are close to giving up on PES, sales are chronic in Europe and FiFA is running away with licences, teams, Leagues and online is solely their market in terms of football games.

Yeah. Most of the games they have to patch which is embarrassing and a reason EA shit on them every single year.

It's criminal to ship a game that's not finished and has frame rate and lag offline (online is a no go altogether). They promised a face pack because it only has around 100 real player faces in the game but that's been pushed back because of the horrible gameplay.

I honestly think Konami are close to giving up on PES, sales are chronic in Europe and FiFA is running away with licences, teams, Leagues and online is solely their market in terms of football games.

See to be honest though the actual gameplay and graphics are better than fifa this year, the goalkeepers are still mongos and the shooting needs sorted but the gameplay in gerneral I would say is better, I think they are going in the right direction.

Konami sell between 6-7 million copies every single year...You really think they will stop making games that make them that much money? Clueless. PES sells more than Fifa in mainland Europe.It also sells more in Asia and South America. UK & America are Fifa's 2 main regions.

Konami sell between 6-7 million copies every single year...You really think they will stop making games that make them that much money? Clueless. PES sells more than Fifa in mainland Europe.It also sells more in Asia and South America. UK & America are Fifa's 2 main regions.

Seems there are always a lot of frogs on Fifa too

Your figures are a few years out of date mate. They haven't hit 5m since PES 2010... PES 2013 didn't even sell 2m! Where as FIFA 13 sold well over 13m in the same period.

http://www.vgchartz....b/?name=fifa 13

http://www.vgchartz....s=0&results=200

Last time PES sold more than FIFA was PES 6 VS FIFA 07. Since then FIFA's sales have grown whilst PES has declined.

You can't expect me to believe the UK is sole reason FIFA is so far ahead in European sales... PES has lost it's dominance in countries like Germany and Italy. Yes, PES dominates FIFA in Japan.. and it's by a bawhair. Main reason for that is because a lot of Japs simply refuse to support Western companies when there's a Japanese alternative, hence why Microsoft constantly struggle there. As for South America, that's because up until this year EA/FIFA pretty much ignored that part of the world.. PES had the Copa Libertadores whilst FIFA had Boca Juniors, River Plate and unlicensed Brazilian teams.. However, now that FIFA are starting to add more and more licensed South American teams and leagues, sales will surely increase!

Obviously these figures should be taken with a pinch of salt.. but generally speaking their accuracy is about as good as it gets.

Your figures are a few years out of date mate. They haven't hit 5m since PES 2010... PES 2013 didn't even sell 2m! Where as FIFA 13 sold well over 13m in the same period.

http://www.vgchartz....b/?name=fifa 13

http://www.vgchartz....s=0&results=200

Last time PES sold more than FIFA was PES 6 VS FIFA 07. Since then FIFA's sales have grown whilst PES has declined.

You can't expect me to believe the UK is sole reason FIFA is so far ahead in European sales... PES has lost it's dominance in countries like Germany and Italy. Yes, PES dominates FIFA in Japan.. and it's by a bawhair. Main reason for that is because a lot of Japs simply refuse to support Western companies when there's a Japanese alternative, hence why Microsoft constantly struggle there. As for South America, that's because up until this year EA/FIFA pretty much ignored that part of the world.. PES had the Copa Libertadores whilst FIFA had Boca Juniors, River Plate and unlicensed Brazilian teams.. However, now that FIFA are starting to add more and more licensed South American teams and leagues, sales will surely increase!

Obviously these figures should be taken with a pinch of salt.. but generally speaking their accuracy is about as good as it gets.

VGchartz You serious bro lol

Nae offense but i know what im talking about ;)

Total all formats sales figures by fiscal year from Konami financial reports

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2007 - 8.47 million

2008 - 9.43 million

2009 - 8.48 million

2010 - 7.49 million

2011 - 7.51 million

2012 - 6.43 million

Now who do you trust proper financial figures or VG Chartz that's the laughing stock of the net? A site no one takes seriously.

2 million...What a boy!

Those of you that didnt like the game how are you finding it after the 2nd patch?

Hello FIFA 14 fans,

You may have noticed that the second title update for FIFA 14 is currently live on PC. Please note that the update is scheduled to come to consoles over the next week. We'll share more news as it becomes available and timings are confirmed.

The FIFA 14 update addresses issues that FIFA fans have brought to our attention with important and appreciated feedback, including the following:

• Balancing lofted through balls.

• Balancing attacking headers.

• Balancing finesse shots.

• Improved defender switching during crosses.

• Freezes while making substitutions during gameplay.

• Freezes while entering and exiting Leaderboards.

• Improvements made to Dynamic Camera.

• Corrected crowd sections in Signal Iduna Park.

• Corrected “Any” and “GK” filters in Pro Clubs.

• We've responded to the community and upgraded FIFA 14 cover star Stephan El Shaarawy to 4* Skills in Online Seasons, Head to Head, and Career Mode using EA SPORTS Football Club Match Day. Since the FIFA 14 Ultimate Team ratings and database are separate from the Match Day Update, he will be assessed and potentially upgraded in FUT at a later date.

We've located some of the issues causing freezing throughout the game, but not all of them. Please continue to let us know about specific instances on the EA forums as your feedback has helped immensely. There are a small percentage of remaining crashing/freezing instances and the team will continue to investigate and address them as needed. Thanks for your patience during this time.

Our commitment to improve the FIFA 14 is ongoing, and regular feedback from our fans helps us prioritize and identify future improvements. Thanks again for your continuous feedback on Twitter, Facebook, and the EA Forums. We’ll continue to provide you with information through those channels as and when it becomes available.

Thanks,

The FIFA Team

As bad as fifa is its miles better than anything else in the genre which means next gen in going to be fucking outstanding.

Saw a play test online earlier on and the graphics, stadiums, cameras ect all looked incredible. The goals look super realistic too, this is going to be worth the wait!!