Why are Rangers so hated ?

I don't particularly like Man U either,but to claim all their fans are glory hunters is absurd.many of the 45 plus generation will remember them being relegated and they still turned out in massive numbers.Loyalty in vast numbers ain't exclusive to Rangers.

well all the ones I meet are

im talking about their new "fans" not the old ones whom i have great respect for.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We are hated due to our success. Our stadium is the best football ground in the country mile, and we are not intimated by Celtic or any other organisation in Scotland. 2008 was a classic example to suit Celtic, Scottish team in a European final yet we play game after game leading up to it, Advocatt said it was wrong, Sir Alex Ferguson said it was wrong yet the sfa did nothing to help us bring the cup to Glasgow, As for the Japan tour, nothing ever said about it again. They got to Seville and won nothing, we were cheated out of at least the treble that year. Maybe with a rest it could have been so different maybe not but one thing is for sure no one except Rangers fans north of the border wanted us to win the Uefa cup yet they bang on about the coefficient year in year out. I wonder what winning the Uefa cup would have done for a coefficient? Double standards again

A number of reasons..

Most successful club.

Supporters are supposedly right wing bigots.

Have been seen to bully the smaller clubs.

More money.

Seen as selfish and only interested in Rangers rather than Scottish football.

Cheated our way to titles.

That is how we are perceived by the haters.

Actually mellowed to Sir Alex over the years but not really a fan of man utd. when I was a youngster on the early 80's I used to watch the Arsenal. The teams up north always won the league then mostly Liverpool. Have a soft spot for Arsenal but like to see the Chelsea do well. But you have to admire Fergie and the teams he has built over his time at Old Trafford. The spending power that Man City and Chelsea have yet his team is alway 1st or 2nd.

Over the last fourty years the Roman Catholics have been over breeding as per there polices. So government MP's, journalists and other high ranking officials are all now majority catholic. This gives them the platform to spread there vile hatred towards the good Protestant people of Scotland. This is why voting for labour and SNP is not productive for Rangers supporters.

Over the last fourty years the Roman Catholics have been over breeding as per there polices. So government MP's, journalists and other high ranking officials are all now majority catholic. This gives them the platform to spread there vile hatred towards the good Protestant people of Scotland. This is why voting for labour and SNP is not productive for Rangers supporters.

What a load of shite.

naw i hate man untied not cos of the club but because their fans are all glory seekers who dont even know fuck all about what it means to truly follow a club

So football started in 1993 for you then? 26 years before that without a league title (second division excepted) and crowds consistently the biggest in England! You 'hate' United for the same reasons many 'hate' Rangers. Successful clubs attract fans from all over the world and success brings new 'fans' and new loathing in equal measure.

From a commercial point of view I'd want Rangers to have hordes of supporters in Asia and elsewhere to increase revenue and take the club into the same league financially as United and Real Madrid. The problem is keeping the balance right and making sure your matchgoing local fanbase isn't marginalised. This is something that EPL clubs (Chelsea, Man United and Liverpool particularly) haven't managed at all well (hence FC United and AFC Liverpool).

If you want a Rangers support made up entirely of 'real' fans then Rangers will never have a chance of reaching the very top. Finding the way to harness the positive publicity that our treatment has created around the world to create new 'supporters' without losing sight of the traditonal support will be key to how far the club can go in the future.

So football started in 1993 for you then? 26 years before that without a league title (second division excepted) and crowds consistently the biggest in England! You 'hate' United for the same reasons many 'hate' Rangers. Successful clubs attract fans from all over the world and success brings new 'fans' and new loathing in equal measure.

err read my other post :-)

What a strange couple of pages.

We are not hated by all, but are by some.

Specifically, rival clubs hate us because they see us as the enemy (even if we don't think teams like Aberdeen count any more, they live in the 80s).

The rest are for the reasons given, we have been the biggest and most successful, there is no particular agenda beyond that.

We are also a pretty arrogant bunch of fans, because of our success and stature, which winds others up (again, standard for the biggest club in whichever country).

Interestingly, the fact that OP doesn't like Man U for their glory hunters is exactly the same mentality as those who don't like us. (Ps. We have those as well)

Interestingly, the fact that OP doesn't like Man U for their glory hunters is exactly the same mentality as those who don't like us. (Ps. We have those as well)

I wonder how many glory hunters cherished a winters day out in Annan :000000082:

i spose at the end of the day disliking other clubs is just part of football. sometimes theres not even a rational reason for it...it's just what yer do.

ok obviously there are a few clubs where there are plenty of reasons to hate em...but you get my point :crab1:

@Gaz92

what was the point in your post?

I made a thread on the hatred and treatment of Rangers and you come back with a personal attack which has absolutely nothing to do with the thread.

'swings and roundabouts' what the fuck you talking about?

Would c****c have been hounded like we have?

And don't get on your high horse,i'm married to an 'immigrant'.

My point is look at the way you discuss other teams, I'm not sure how you'd expect others to react to your description? Of course there are elements of Rangers being the biggest team, and when we're at our lowest, people are going to take aim.

Think anti-Rangers propaganda in the press has had a lot to do with most diddy team fans becoming more and more bitter towards Rangers over the last few years.

The tax case and the way it was reported is a prime example we were tried,convicted and sentenced years before the verdict came out by the mhedia. It got to the point where any ill informed clown could go on snyde/radio Scotland and say Rangers had not paid £150m in tax and most of the guliible people in Scotland believed it.

When we won the case the brain washed idiots who have had propaganda shoved down thier throats for years were so unable to accept the truth that Rangers acted 100% within the law that the only explanation they could come up with is it must be a goverment conspircy which added more fuel to the fire.

The anti Rangers crap in the mhedia in this country is akin to what you get in North korea, if you keep repeating the same thing time and time again no matter if it's lies some people will believe it.

in my experience it is true that the vast majority of other football fans in Scotland despise Rangers, while those non-football fans get caught up in the medias nonsense and assume that we are as bad as everyone says.

Ive met a good few fans of other clubs, never heard a decent word from them, ive found that in Ayrshire anyone who supports a club other than the Gers tends to lean towards celtic and have a dislike for us.

Ive met plenty of "neutrals" who dont watch or care about football, but when the conversation comes up, it seems they have an opinion that we shouldnt be praised and that every football related problem in Scotland is caused by Rangers and their fans bigotry and thuggery, while Celtic remain the victims.

Not that it bothers me, its just something ive noticed. I quite like being a fan of the club that everyone hates, because I know they hate us because were the best.