For the avoidance of doubt

Mark Walters

He told pissed up Rangers fans what they wanted to hear and told a few porkies.

Big deal.

You genuinely believe that is the grand sum of what he's done?

You're entirely neglecting all the work he did, behind the scenes, attracting investment, etc

I suppose people can debate over whether he did a good or not so good job, but I find it bizarre for anyone to claim he didn't actually do much in the job

I think he's done a hell of a lot of stuff over the last year, obviously, not all good. But he's a big reason why we still exist today. I think you're being a touch harsh.

I really don't buy into the notion that if it wasn't for Charles we wouldn't be here so I'm struggling to see what positives he's brought.

I really don't buy into the notion that if it wasn't for Charles we wouldn't be here so I'm struggling to see what positives he's brought.

Well what was the alternative to Green? I'm not entirely claiming we wouldn't still be here if not for him, but it's simply a fact that he was the guy who stepped up to the plate.

What are the negatives he's brought over the last year?

Days spent in London and the like for the IPO and other investment, travelling to the other side of the world to meet fan groups, going to UEFA meetings, sorting out a league for us to play in, negotating sponsorships, contracts with players, hardly ever missing a game etc etc.

But of course, Green did fuck all. :lol:

Well what was the alternative to Green? I'm not entirely claiming we wouldn't still be here if not for him, but it's simply a fact that he was the guy who stepped up to the plate.

What are the negatives he's brought over the last year?

Erm. He was brought to the plate.

Negatives?

OK. He let down Mccoist on signings, he pandered to fans over the SFA while really doing fuck all. He was (and I maintain this is fact) quite happy to see us stripped of titles for a place in the SPL the the SFL 1st Division.

He was no more than a vociferous try hard who won over many

You genuinely believe that is the grand sum of what he's done?

You're entirely neglecting all the work he did, behind the scenes, attracting investment, etc

I suppose people can debate over whether he did a good or not so good job, but I find it bizarre for anyone to claim he didn't actually do much in the job

It's actually rather exasperating. From my experience in discussion and lurking even Green's biggest critics have admitted that he puts the hours in.

Days spent in London and the like for the IPO and other investment, travelling to the other side of the world to meet fan groups, going to UEFA meetings, sorting out a league for us to play in, negotating sponsorships, contracts with players, hardly ever missing a game etc etc.

But of course, Green did fuck all. :lol:

I know, imagine trying to bump up your initial investment of zero. Fucking hero.

Erm. He was brought to the plate.

Negatives?

OK. He let down Mccoist on signings, he pandered to fans over the SFA while really doing fuck all. He was (and I maintain this is fact) quite happy to see us stripped of titles for a place in the SPL the the SFL 1st Division.

He was no more than a vociferous try hard who won over many

Oh well. Fair enough. I disagree entirely. I think to say Green has done fuck all is quite ridiculous frankly.

That's a rather simplistic summing up that. D you think he's just spent the last year sitting in his office, texting folk and playing solitaire?

He will have had no time for solitaire, what with all the seceret meetings with CW, and his regular visits to KKK rallies.