Guests, Lurkers, Lhurkers, whatever.

It is slightly alarming that guests can view any topics on RangersMedia, when you scroll down a page to the bottom you see the amount of people viewing the thread and what their usernames are etc, but on most threads, in the Rangers discussion sections of the forum anyway you usually see "Guests (40)"

Now it is alarming because some of what is discussed on RangersMedia, be it questions/views/news etc, some of it is taken directly from here, has words added and then is published as news or as a breaking news article.

Is there no way we can lower the number of guests viewing the forum? Perhaps if we blocked guests from viewing The Bears Den section of the forum? And to see topics in that section as a guest they'd have to enter something like

• Name or email address
  • Date of Birth
  • Answer a security question

This obviously isn't the same as signing up to the forum, but it is a deterrent to keeping some lhurkers etc, off of the forums in Rangers related areas.

Guests viewing the site ads advertising revenue to the site allowing us to make donations to charity, to the RFFF, and to club charity initiatives.. As well as run the site.

I also believe the number of guests is exaggerated by members who aren't signed in, or sometimes the same guest being counted more than once.

Many of the guests are Rangers fans. I've never understood the obsession some people have regarding how many guests are viewing threads and the need for people to post about it through threads.

Also the guests bring a lot of money to the site from the advertising, it's been mentioned several times and its not going to change.

this is a little off topic but no point making a thread about it so il ask about it here . Is the reason we can`t view profiles because of the carry on with IamRangers , ITK etc . Usually when this happens its just before the site goes down .

This usually means you are about to be pm'd by Boab. Not good.

How easy was it for you to join RM? It isn't like joining MENSA. There is no way to stop guests viewing and even then we want Gers who want to try-before-you-buy. Besides, guest push up hits and keep the site going. If they are lhurkers then they are just sad. They have their own shites to view. WATP

I like RM because it's open, and they shouldn't change that.

I've said this before, FF banned me in December 2011 for saying CW was a shifty wee bastard. They obsess too much about membership, and border on censorship because they are wankers.

A RM that's open to all FTW.

Ahem.......a lot of guests are probably not lurker s but "bots", usually quite often one can follow you round the forum, they are used by the likes of Google, Bing for example but actually aren't real, only folk that can tell who is real or not is admin and usually mods

Too many people on here obsess over the obsessed. I suspect (being a website programmer myself) that a large proportion of the "guests" are bots (as mentioned already above), guys on phones or Rangers fans that haven't joined up. I myself read the forum for about three months and only joined hen I felt the need to comment on something (and now I can't stop!).

For those guests that are not Rangers fans, how sad is their lives. I think we should pity them more than ban them; especially as the site will be generating revenue/hits just by allowing them!

All in all, I like this site as you are free to say (mostly - FOCUS) what you want to and not be edited out.

I like RM because it's open, and they shouldn't change that.

I've said this before, FF banned me in December 2011 for saying CW was a shifty wee bastard. They obsess too much about membership, and border on censorship because they are wankers.

A RM that's open to all FTW.

I was a member of FF for a year and a half, never posted as they have a very low tolerance of new posters, made the mistake of posting one day when a post made me respond, think I lasted 2 hours.

RM has to be commended for its open policy, though I did like the shifties.

Ok, here is the situation. Whyte is still involved in your club. Soon it will be the NewcoNewcoSevco. Your messiah, Green, is a shyster and none of you muppets can actually face up to it. Your next Attila? A man who has already done time for various offences.

The aforementioned savior is going to make him the biggest shareholder after agreeing to sell him his shares. Green lied to you muppets all along and you bought every single lie. The Zombie club is dying again. Fucking pathetic. When all around you the festering sevco cesspool is imploding all you can bang on email campaigns about the founding fathers. Fucking pathetic.

Who gives a shit about Struth and MacNeill and all those other founding fathers? They would be disgusted to see what their child has become. A dishonest, bigoted, moronic joke. You have a manager so inept it beggers belief. Can he get out of the next division? Probably not.

Your support are bigoted, mindless cretins. WATP? What a fucking joke. If you are the people then thank god I am not one of you. Celtic are everything you fuckers want to be but never will. Respected in Europe and around the world.

You are all intent in destroying your shitty wee club, from the board down to the oh-so-naïve fans. PS the whole of Scotland is laughing at you. NewcoNewcoSevco is the gift that keeps on giving.

THE TRUTH HURTS, DOESN’T IT YA SOAP-DODGING FANNIES HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

JELLY AND ICE-CREAM!!!!

How easy was it for you to join RM? It isn't like joining MENSA. There is no way to stop guests viewing and even then we want Gers who want to try-before-you-buy. Besides, guest push up hits and keep the site going. If they are lhurkers then they are just sad. They have their own shites to view. WATP

"If they are lhurkers then they are just sad."

Quite

It'

"If they are lhurkers then they are just sad."

Quite

It's extremely sad to go join a rivals forum just to see how good their support is?

Life must be hard for the great unwashed for them to want to discuss and rant over us rather than their title (did they actually win anything? you wouldn't know it?).

Bye Jamsie you sad, sad MF

Many of the guests are Rangers fans. I've never understood the obsession some people have regarding how many guests are viewing threads and the need for people to post about it through threads.

Also the guests bring a lot of money to the site from the advertising, it's been mentioned several times and its not going to change.

I agree, I show up as a guest if I view the forum on my phone and I only sign in if I am going to make a post

I was at my sisters the other day and had a quick ganders to see what was happening,I didn't sign in as It was just a quick look,my point being who gives a fuck! they are a mental rabid bunch of haters who are being driven mad by our very existence,if by lurking on here helps them down that road in any way I say fill yer boots ya mhanky Oirish fuckers!

I dont think the guests are all non bears - I myself have been coming on here for years with out joining as i love to read fellow fans opinions about our great Club, there has been some fantastic stuff on here and I have always loved reading about us and while i wasnt involved in the discussion i still felt more informed by getting my news on here instead of the mainstream media pish!