being a fan

racoon

dad shouted hurry up were lifts here,as we went down to the three horse shoes in paisley(next to the court now i no it well now lol)the rangers where away to hibs that day 1975 as i was only 11 or 12 i didnt realise the importance of the game.sat in the pub with my brother crisps coca cola, the best coca cola in a half pint bottle that looks like a wee beer you would get now.Anyway dad and his mates sang all the old songs sash, derrys walls, billy boys and my dads favourite the green grassy slopes of the boyne.Wee got to edingburgh and me and john(brother)got scarves penansts and the best i have seen a wee rangers blow up doll look back old vidios yell see it.old hibs ground standing maybe 40,ooo then a goal down but sandy jardineore the penalty missed it i never knew how much that ment back then but as you know colin stein scored near post header 1-1 and sandy let legend on for the last minute and me and my brother dad and his pals sang the green grassy slopes of the boyne home to paisley. great day and me and john sat upstairs sharing a bed with 2 cans of my dads lager. racoon.

dad shouted hurry up were lifts here,as we went down to the three horse shoes in paisley(next to the court now i no it well now lol)the rangers where away to hibs that day 1975 as i was only 11 or 12 i didnt realise the importance of the game.sat in the pub with my brother crisps coca cola, the best coca cola in a half pint bottle that looks like a wee beer you would get now.Anyway dad and his mates sang all the old songs sash, derrys walls, billy boys and my dads favourite the green grassy slopes of the boyne.Wee got to edingburgh and me and john(brother)got scarves penansts and the best i have seen a wee rangers blow up doll look back old vidios yell see it.old hibs ground standing maybe 40,ooo then a goal down but sandy jardineore the penalty missed it i never knew how much that ment back then but as you know colin stein scored near post header 1-1 and sandy let legend on for the last minute and me and my brother dad and his pals sang the green grassy slopes of the boyne home to paisley. great day and me and john sat upstairs sharing a bed with 2 cans of my dads lager. racoon.

Was at the game in the middle terrace mate, but you describe it 10 times better than I could. (tu)

Brilliant wee story amigo, its why i joined here years ago, more of this.My dad, uncles and all their mates were all at easter Road that day, he said the atmosphere was fuckin electric inside the ground from start to way after the finish, and what a crowd, when i watch that game on dvd, it all fuckin Bears, no hibees to be seen anywhere.When i was a young boy(man) the old man used to tell me of Rangers 5 most significant historical moments,not to include Barcelona in 72, and not all happy ones either, and in this order.

1. The Ibrox disaster- he and my uncle tommy were there,in that part of the ground.He couldnt even talk about it 20 years later without struggling to get his words out,It was very rarely mentioned in our house, that must have been fuckin terrible to witness.

2. the day SlimJim broke his leg against Rapid Vienna.He said Rangers were on a par with Real Madrid footballing wise, but not even Madrid had anybody close to SlimJim in their great sides, nobody ever did.

Had Baxter stayed injury free, he truly believed we would not only have won the European Cup that year , but the next as well.

3.Kai Johanssens thunderbolt against the papes- enough said.

4.Tam Forsyths netbuster from 1 inch in 73, against the papes, our centenary year.The significance of that winner after not performing in the league race was wrapped up in a couple of sentences every saturday night for years as sportscene had the footage of Big Forsyth running away after scoring. The old man used to jump out his chair every time without fail, pumping a victorious fist at the tv."Fuckin yes. look at his face Robert, that is how every Rangers player should look when they score against they papish bastards, win lose or draw.It has stayed with me forever, my dad fuckin loved The Rangers.That wee clip on the highlights made him so happy, it is in my top 3 childhood memories.

5. Colin,Colin, Colin Stein.

The best Centre Forward we've ever seen.

Easter Road.

I cant add more.

You explained it beautifully.

Thanks Pal.

No Surrender

Rab