How would you define success next season?

Win the league and a more stylish way of playing. I want to see some fight in the team and a knurled defender that frightens everyone who comes near our 18 yard box and will punch anyone on our side for not trying.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately I think you are correct.The cups are fantasy, excluding the Ramsdens that might be achievable.The depressing thing is that some of the changes that folk are wishing for, but wont happen are perfectly obtainable. Developing youth, playing a more attractive form of football and not spending a huge amount on established players should be common sense. Will it happen? I doubt it.I would accept the odd poor result or bad performance if it was clear that there was a vision to improve the club long term.Poor results when playing a terrible form of football with expensive journeymen players with a plan to spend more to improve is what I wont count as success.

I'm always correct.

As for the bold part, I think that's why Rangers simply don't do sweeping changes very well. You may accept the odd bad result but the majority won't - a lot of fans still have the 9 in a row mentality that every dropped point is a disaster and all the abstract, well meaning but ultimately pointless whinging on about 'footballing philosophies' on message boards is just wishful thinking.

This might sound weird, but I REALLY want to win the Ramsden Cup and I've actually no idea why.

so do I - its very achievable for us and I counted it one of our biggest failures this year. Our players did not appear to take it seriously though which was dissappointing.I hope that attitude changes come August.

Standards have dropped and listening to Ally about "getting over the finishing line it doesn't matter how we do it" in Div 3 summed it up all for me, it sends the wrong signal to the players. Lets turn up on the morning of a game and lets see what happens on the park attitude, no shape or game plan etc..

I would like to think we will emulate QOTS tally next season a target to go for and should be winning the Ramsdens cup, a good run in the League and Scottish cups would be a good target.

Win the league and the 3cups we enter.. I dont demand it. I desire/want it.

No off the field shennanigans for US. Laugh loudly as... hivs; scumdee hibs; abersheep..all go into administration...cnuts the lot of them!!

I'm always correct.

As for the bold part, I think that's why Rangers simply don't do sweeping changes very well. You may accept the odd bad result but the majority won't - a lot of fans still have the 9 in a row mentality that every dropped point is a disaster and all the abstract, well meaning but ultimately pointless whinging on about 'footballing philosophies' on message boards is just wishful thinking.

You are not always correct. You sometimes disagree with me, and i am a bastion of truth.

This time you speak wisely though, which is very unfortunate.

1. Winning the league

2. Winning the Ramsdens Cup

3. Playing attacking / attractive football.

4. Board stabilty (no more shite)

Would love to win one of the major cups, but I have to be honest and say I dont think we are anywhere near good enough.

And continued great support from our amazing fans :21:

• 8 months later...

gonna bump this as its nice to see that some of our posters - regardless of whether you agree with them or not - are at least consistent over time. Also given this was origonally posted in March 2013 - to try and measure how far we think we have came with the rough tagets that were set: so lets have a look at the prelims (well it is that time of year)

Trophies:

Winning the league - 10/10 - we are well on the way - its done and dusted really so no complaints there

Winning the Ramsdens cup - made the final - and i dont see any reason we should not push on - giving it 7/10 at the moment cause its not won yet

Doing well in the other domestic cups (maybe even a final) - out in the first round in one, still in the hunt in another - 5/10 at the moment -could rise or fall depending how we get on in the other one.

Team

Progress with the team in terms of our style - faster, sharper, football on the deck with more emphasis on closing down the oppostion higher up the park. More of a team ethic rather than reliance on individual pieces of skill. I dont expect this to happen overnight but would expect to see serious progress in these areas. I dont see any improvement in this area at all - we are still relying on individual quality to do something in the match. 2/10

Further development of our youngsters and no "knee jerk" reaction of bringing in all our old pro's - though a couple who are value for money wouldn't be a bad thing. Development of the youngsters has went back the way and Ally has consolidated his short term, old pro outlook with signings that have barely played. Daly has done a good job, after that I am struggling a bit to see value for money (a little nod to scarkevs thread there.)

Club

Stability in the boardroom.All the background nonesense with the club is put to bed and we get on with talking about football rather than finance. Definetely not the case - our finances are never out the papers - though the talk has shifted from how Green and Co and alleged illegality to us being skint come April. 2/10

Craig Whyte

He dies a horrible, painful death. The wee bastard is still breathing - though his "empire " looks in tatters - its a start 5/10

Half term report summary? could do better.

Results have improved no doubt, signings have made us more clinical and the defence less shaky.

But in terms of football and entertainment it's not changed much at all this season.

Big part of that is where and who you are playing though, we can't judge performances against better teams who will think they have a chance with the games we are playing just now. Wait to see if we get in to the next round of the cup.

Big part of that is where and who you are playing though, we can't judge performances against better teams who will think they have a chance with the games we are playing just now. Wait to see if we get in to the next round of the cup.

How do you mean? Playing against these teams is exactly why we should be playing good football, part timers and the leagues are won before a ball is kicked