Vanguard Bears - Statement / Article

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really give a monkey's to be honest.

Freaking out? I don't remember doing so. I do remember defending our VB member for having an opinion and the right to express it, from a couple of handwringers. If you can't be arsed arguing, don't say anything.

I guess I can be asred arguing after all.

In the words of the great TWB, don't ever tell me what to do. :P

For someone who does not give a monkeys, you sure spent a lot of time ITT. (tu)

and I also backed your right to your opinion in other posts.

I don't really give a monkey's to be honest.

Freaking out? I don't remember doing so. I do remember defending our VB member for having an opinion and the right to express it, from a couple of handwringers. If you can't be arsed arguing, don't say anything.

So why should the handwringers not have a right to express their opinion?

Oh but you do.

Listen I can't be arsed getting into an argument against other bears on this issue, but you guys as a unit can NOT take critisicim in any shape or form without resorting to insults like handwringer appeaser, declan, taig sympathiser ect.

I read pretty much every thread in the bears den and have done for 4 years, I know how every VB thread turns out, a few guys tell you religion has no place at football and you guys freak out.

The fact that you guys have another bear in your "wanker of the day" shite, while there are so many real Rangers haters out there astounds me.

Considering the name calling on this post I'm surprised you feel only one section is responsible. As I'm relatively new to the forum I read most posts and to be honest it amazes me that so many fans have joined us for only the football. I appreciate that we are all entitled to our opinion about the club moving forward, but, and there is a but, respect is a two way street and there was little respect shown to the OP or am I mistaken.

35yrs ago when I first visited Ibrox things were very different and going by this healthy 'debate' we have come a long way.

There was no internet forums 35 years ago or the debate would have been flaming then too.

We've always been a divided support even back in the good old days - from singing to players to managers etc.

Considering the name calling on this post I'm surprised you feel only one section is responsible. As I'm relatively new to the forum I read most posts and to be honest it amazes me that so many fans have joined us for only the football. I appreciate that we are all entitled to our opinion about the club moving forward, but, and there is a but, respect is a two way street and there was little respect shown to the OP or am I mistaken.

:lol: :lol: your amazed that we support a football team for the football :lol:

Baffles me that it was such a big shock to him, lol.

If you dont support a team for the football, why bother?

I suppose some are just more interested in following Rangers for the tribalism aspect and the opportunity they get to spout hatred. Are they real football fans? That's debatable.

I suppose some are just more interested in following Rangers for the tribalism aspect and the opportunity they get to spout hatred. Are they real football fans? That's debatable.

What is not debatable is you are a handwringer along with your other mates.

while I feel that I may drift OT here :pipe: I was thinking similar after the Glasgow Cup final - any supporter (of any team) who feels that they have to go to the football with a hoody and a scarf wrapped round there face so they can't be identified - it either better be -5C outside or I suspect you KNOW you are out to cause mischieve and are NOT a football fan - just a ned!

I'm surprised you find it so funny. A team that was adopted by a strong religious section and I would imagine many supporters today follow them because of their forefathers not because we are simply the best or for the football. I do admit I am not a loyalist but I do find your lack of respect for others the problem on here. You may laugh but there are a number of teams in Glasgow for us to support and its not always about the quality of the football, sometimes its about cost or proximity to you home.

while I feel that I may drift OT here :pipe: I was thinking similar after the Glasgow Cup final - any supporter (of any team) who feels that they have to go to the football with a hoody and a scarf wrapped round there face so they can't be identified - it either better be -5C outside or I suspect you KNOW you are out to cause mischieve and are NOT a football fan - just a ned!

First you want us all to leave any religious thoughts and any political thoughts at home before you want us to go support Rangers - I wonder how many of the 50,048 that were there on Sat. did that - and now you want to tell us how to dress before we go to a game? For God's sake man, give it a rest.

No they didn't. The vast majority of people I know who are football fans became so as young kids. Nothing to do with their religious preference.

Unfortunately kids are stigmatised with 'religion' from the age of five so it affects many things they do in their life including in many instances what team they support.

I'm surprised you find it so funny. A team that was adopted by a strong religious section and I would imagine many supporters today follow them because of their forefathers not because we are simply the best or for the football. I do admit I am not a loyalist but I do find your lack of respect for others the problem on here. You may laugh but there are a number of teams in Glasgow for us to support and its not always about the quality of the football, sometimes its about cost or proximity to you home.

You do realise most people went to church when this happened? Man United was set up by railway workers, does that mean that they should have more of a say now. I wonder how many of our support are regular church goers? Times change and, while we should celebrate and acknowledge this section of support it seems they (Not the OP but some of those defending him) want to keep the support in a time warp with no real room for differences of political or religios opinion. This is the very thing our enemies use to attack the club. Seeing political (EDC re: Arthur Numan Loyal RSC) or religious (Gibson Street Gala) motivation behind ridiculous decisions, with very little evidence, is not helping the fight against Rangers enemies.

We need to move forward, with a nod to our past, and take Rangers forward into the future purely as a football club with a glorious history. You may call me a handwringer but if you really want Rangers free of this shite then we need to leave them wallowing in it and pointing to their bigotry while giving them no grounds for them to counter.