A Call For Unity Between Fans

Buzz

A call for unity between the various fans forums  

197 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wish for the owners and operators of this forum to develop a more healthy relationship with the other forums?

• Yes
    • No
    • This is unnecessary

It's pretty simple guys.

Our club has been shafted in recent times. Firstly by Craig Whyte, then by HMRC, and now who bloody knows?

We, as fans, have no idea what is really going on in that boardroom. Yes, we all have individual bloggers we trust more than others, but there's no way of knowing for sure.

The ONLY way we can know what is happening in the Blue Room is if we have a fans representative on the board.

Someone who, after every board meeting, raises issues and concerns with the fanbase so that we really know what is going on.

The effect of this is twofold. Firstly, we safeguard the Club from suffering a catastrophe like what happened under Whyte. Secondly, we get to put our own input as to how we'd like the Club run, and what initiatives we'd like to see.

But the first step, before all of that, is to actually have some form of harmonious relations between the fanbase. As a recent thread on here showed, and one on FF, these forums and their members are at each others throats. Whilst I recognise relations aren't as cold at Admin levels between the forums, the fact of the matter is this is creating divisiveness when now is our chance to get a man inside that boardroom.

I'm sick of opening up forums and seeing Bears attack Bears, when our enemies are the Mhanks and the SPL. We should be attacking them, not ourselves.

So with that in mind, I'm proposing the first step. I'm calling on the administrators and moderators of this forum, to attempt to broker some sort of peace deal between the forums that results in no unfounded personal abuse of either forums, supporter bodies or persons that are Rangers minded.

I don't think this is an unreasonable thing to ask, and I am sure the vast majority would rather be attacking Mhanks than attacking each other. So let's take that first step and make it happen.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who decides who the fans rep is? How can they speak for a estimated 5million supporters of The Queens 11 world wide? Do we all get to vote on every issue and how would this vote take place? What checks and balances would be in place to prevent corruption ect? Alot of questions to be awnsered before we can realisticly consider this.

Who decides who the fans rep is? How can they speak for a estimated 5million supporters of The Queens 11 world wide? Do we all get to vote on every issue and how would this vote take place? What checks and balances would be in place to prevent corruption ect? Alot of questions to be awnsered before we can realisticly consider this.

Whoa, baby steps my friend.

All we're talking about now is a bit of peace between forums.

Buzz - RangersMedia (the website), does not have its own opinion on supporter related matters.

The "owners and operators" of the website have their own individual opinions, and I cannot speak for others, but, my relationship with other forums is healthy as far as I'm aware.

Unfortunately, what you are asking for is not possible, nor necessary in my opinion.

RangersMedia is so popular because individuals like you and I can speak freely, within legal reason, without fear of opinionated moderation.

Ok i vote yes but as you mentioned a fans rep which would open up a whole can of worms i wanted to see how it would be decided.

That's a debate for a later time. Right now I'm just hoping we can get each other to stop sticking knives in each other.

Yes it's the way forward but follow follow has banned many a person 'for life' after just one post (me). This type of poor moderation needs to be addressed first as a forum is about being open and discussing what you want to discuss and topics must not be driven by a select few. We all need to draw a line in the sand.

Buzz - RangersMedia (the website), does not have its own opinion on supporter related matters.

The "owners and operators" of the website have their own individual opinions, and I cannot speak for others, but, my relationship with other forums is healthy as far as I'm aware.

Unfortunately, what you are asking for is not possible, nor necessary in my opinion.

RangersMedia is so popular because individuals like you and I can speak freely, within legal reason, without fear of opinionated moderation.

And you don't think that this is an important enough issue to warrant RangersMedia showing a bit of leadership and helping to promote positive fan relations?

It certainly is possible, and I can't for the life of me see why it couldn't.

In fact, I'm not even asking the forum to have an opinion, I and those who have voted with me just want the forums to be able to co-exist without a massive fight every so often. That's not hard to do.

Birthday card pish and as Darch says, unnecessary .

We united for the march and when we have to we will unite again, we don't have to suck each others cocks inbetween.

A joint statement asking for the leaks to stop could be organised no problem but I've no idea why the censorship on opinions is necessary.

We united for the march and when we have to we will unite again, we don't have to suck each others cocks inbetween.

A joint statement asking for the leaks to stop could be organised no problem but I've no idea why the censorship on opinions is necessary.

We unite once in a lifetime and you think that's enough to safeguard the future of our club?

There's a bigger issue at stake here, open your eyes.

And you don't think that this is an important enough issue to warrant RangersMedia showing a bit of leadership and helping to promote positive fan relations?

It certainly is possible, and I can't for the life of me see why it couldn't.

In fact, I'm not even asking the forum to have an opinion, I and those who have voted with me just want the forums to be able to co-exist without a massive fight every so often. That's not hard to do.

There is an article on the newspage today, written by RM user, JCS, which is "promoting positive fan relations".

“We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately.”

RangersMedia is so successful because it gives users, such as JCS, the platform to promote his opinion, regardless of the individual publisher's opinion (in this case DJW).

Essentially, RangersMedia give you, JCS, or myself, the opportunity to show a bit of leadership and help promote positive fan relations.

If you write an article, we will publish it, regardless of our individual opinions.

We unite once in a lifetime and you think that's enough to safeguard the future of our club?

There's a bigger issue at stake here, open your eyes.

Well what's your plans? The only thing I'd suggest we unite for is to get these leaks stopped.

Fans arguing on a messageboard isn't harming Rangers.

Some people are making a living off the leaks - bloggers particularly

They are hardly gonny ask for them to stop

They just can't see the irony