*** RM Sponsors’ Fund - The Official ‘Let’s Spend The Money’ Discussion Thread

govanblue

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So we were talking a while back about some of the nice items in the display cases in the megastore.

Here's a couple of things that caught my eye yesterday...

ff2_zps3a5f26fa.jpg

allypic_zpsf5c9a6dc.jpg

Many allege that dingwall does fake ones that look the part. :matron: wonder if he uses the profit to buy shares through rst as many have alleged :matron:

Is there any chance that Walter Mitty can keep his obsession with Dingwall out of these threads ? It's becoming tiresome, RM Sponsors Fund is a great idea any chance we can keep thread on it to the subject matter?

Is there any chance that Walter Mitty can keep his obsession with Dingwall out of these threads ? It's becoming tiresome, RM Sponsors Fund is a great idea any chance we can keep thread on it to the subject matter?

You prick are you saying those allegations are wrong? Or do you not think it stinks of someone is making money off the back of the Club?

Update:

I've just been talking to Erskine Anniesland Care Home, and they would be delighted to accept some stadium tour tickets and some Ibrox Suite lunches from us for some of their residents.

So next step will be to contact Ibrox stadium tours, and Argyle Restaurant, to discuss the idea with them, and see the kind of numbers they suggest would be best (remember some veterans are not as mobile as they once were, so the tour and the restaurant have to be able and ready to accomodate that.

Regarding the lunches - since technically that money doesn't all go to Rangers, and that isn't in line with our 'charter', I propose that as we discussed earlier in the thread, we could create a little sub fund for the "Erskine Veterans Lunch money whip-round" - and if just a few members, could donate just a couple of quid each, we'd cover the lunch cost.

Cost of 1 OAP Stadium Tour Ticket - (to be paid from the Fund) - £5.50

Cost of 1 OAP Lunch in Argyle Restaurant (to be paid by private donations) - £8.00

GB the print of Ally and the Founding Fathers would be great prizes.

The Erskine Veterans lunch is a great idea and as an old soldier myself I will donate £20 to the sub fund just let me know when you need the money.

Cheers SoldierBlue,

I don't think we'll need to go as far as £20, though your generosity is much appreciated.

I think we should see how many veterans we eventually get tickets for, and how many folk want to chip in to the whip round, then just divide the cost amongst us.

for example:

5 veterans, 1 carer. Lunch cost = £48

Whip round contributors, let's say 16

cost per person - £3

oh and finally, I thought I'd share a couple of quotes which sprung up during email discussions with a couple of the parties...

"your supporters group have been a great support to the Rangers Development Fund. Rangers have some very loyal fans!"

and

"We just love the Rangers community – you really are a great bunch of people"

(tu)

oh and finally, I thought I'd share a couple of quotes which sprung up during email discussions with a couple of the parties...

"your supporters group have been a great support to the Rangers Development Fund. Rangers have some very loyal fans!"

and

"We just love the Rangers community – you really are a great bunch of people"

(tu)

Great to read these quotes GB and I will be happy to help out with a few £££s if required.

Update:

I've just been talking to Erskine Anniesland Care Home, and they would be delighted to accept some stadium tour tickets and some Ibrox Suite lunches from us for some of their residents.

So next step will be to contact Ibrox stadium tours, and Argyle Restaurant, to discuss the idea with them, and see the kind of numbers they suggest would be best (remember some veterans are not as mobile as they once were, so the tour and the restaurant have to be able and ready to accomodate that.

Regarding the lunches - since technically that money doesn't all go to Rangers, and that isn't in line with our 'charter', I propose that as we discussed earlier in the thread, we could create a little sub fund for the "Erskine Veterans Lunch money whip-round" - and if just a few members, could donate just a couple of quid each, we'd cover the lunch cost.

Cost of 1 OAP Stadium Tour Ticket - (to be paid from the Fund) - £5.50

Cost of 1 OAP Lunch in Argyle Restaurant (to be paid by private donations) - £8.00

Great idea! Would be happy to donate for the lunch - when you get a total let us know and i will pay my share

...Could we buy a Founding fathers print and present it to Erskine.

That would be a nice touch, wouldn't it.

If the Lunch money whip round goes well, we might have enough left in it to buy the print without having to use any additional Sponsors Fund money.

What does everyone else think?

That would be a nice touch, wouldn't it.

If the Lunch money whip round goes well, we might have enough left in it to buy the print without having to use any additional Sponsors Fund money.

What does everyone else think?

I think your bankrupting us GB :P Na I'd be happy with both these ideas.