So is the England dream finished now

stu54

Looks like it.I dont see Charles coming back. And i dont see anybody in our current boardroom pushing this.Say what you want about him.At least he had the balls to put it out there,and had us thinking about our future.I really think he would have got us there.It was our best chance to get out of this place,but alas.It wont happen now.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The "dream" never began never mind anything else mate....England don't want us and it will never happen....I would love to play in the EPL but we need to accept that if wont happen. We need to concentrate fully on regaining our rightful place in this country before even thinking about anything else anyway.... Some kind of euro league may happen eventually but even that will be a long way off...

Just waiting for Scudamore to talk about it being 'the ENGLISH Premiership', never mind that Swansea are there, Cardiff were a bawhair away from joining them, Wrexham and Newport in the lower leagues. And that we've got Berwick. But English innit.

Just waiting for Scudamore to talk about it being 'the ENGLISH Premiership', never mind that Swansea are there, Cardiff were a bawhair away from joining them, Wrexham and Newport in the lower leagues. And that we've got Berwick. But English innit.

Cardiff won the league so they will be in the Premiership next season.

Conquer this backwater first .

If we are to leave, I'd like to overtake the beads in the Scottish Cup stakes. It's the only competition here they've won more times than us. That and 'most fans on benefits', but we'll never catch them on that one.

Since the Premier League began the only attempted move of significance, which could have helped set precedents for us moving to England, was Wimbledon's initiative to move to Dublin in 1996.

http://www.soccer-ireland.com/irish-football-history/dublin-dons.htm

As you can see even though Wimbledon apparently had approval from the EU, agreement of the Premier Clubs and some Irish clubs, it was strongly opposed by FIFA and the FAI.

We would probably face opposition from FIFA and strong opposition from the Scottish football authorities.

However I think we could have a strong case at some stage due to EU law, commercial interest and restructuring in general in European football, but agree with poster above that this will not be in the short term future. Will be worth keeping an eye on developments in Europe as there is still talk of restructuring and merging of various national leagues there. Also there will still be the possibilities within re-structured European competitions.

Yes, it looks like a potential opportunity gone as CG looked like the only person who was driving this. I wonder if we will look back in 20 years a say "what if?"

Sometimes these opportunities or even Windows of opportunities come along only once and if we don't recognise them and reach out then it passes us by. Sadly this looks like it has passed us by. I fear we may regret it, given the awful state of Scottish football.

Rangers and Celtic will NEVER get a move to English football. NEVER!

Not Interested in the SCUM as an earlier poster stated the Blue Square League would have been ample.

Get us out this FKN Corrupt cuntry SFA/SPL extort & bribe and we don't have the balls to take them to court :nosfa::brokensfa::7325:

Not Interested in the SCUM as an earlier poster stated the Blue Square League would have been ample.

Get us out this FKN Corrupt cuntry SFA/SPL extort & bribe and we don't have the balls to take them to court :nosfa::brokensfa::7325:

You think the English FA don't look at both Rangers and Celtic as a package deal? Our biggest selling point to them might actually be the Old Firm rivalry. The English would be getting one of the biggesst derbys in the world. Both Rangers and Celtic want to move down South why would the English FA accept one and not the other?