Friday Night Football for Rangers on BT Sport

5cotland

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

dont make any away games myself , but would imagine the other clubs won't like this , unless the money is more from being on the box than what support we bring ?

It will apply to away games, in my opinion, but Rangers can fill a 5-10k stadium on any day of the week, so this will not affect the Div 2 clubs.

Can't really see Police Scotland allowing this one to fly.

They'll have it in their heads that we'll all get tanked up before a Friday night game, then head out straight after it which could cause mayhem in the City Centre.

It might happen for away ones, but I seriously doubt it will for the home games.

I would really enjoy the odd friday night at a game, but agree with this. I just can't see the powers that be alowing it.

I am still annoyed that games are no longer played and shown on television just on a Wednesday and Saturday. Used to make every game on television a bit special and the build up to the games would be great, then a few days of discussing how it went.

Except for European finals foreign games just did not get shown at all until Channel 4 started showing the Italian league. This made World and European Championships really special, even exotic.

Nowadays we get football 24/7 so most games become less special. Makes it difficult for me to even know which day it is sometimes now too, as my brains weekly calendar was always focussed on the previous and next football match.

I am still annoyed that games are no longer played and shown on television just on a Wednesday and Saturday. Used to make every game on television a bit special and the build up to the games would be great, then a few days of discussing how it went.

Except for European finals foreign games just did not get shown at all until Channel 4 started showing the Italian league. This made World and European Championships really special, even exotic.

Nowadays we get football 24/7 so most games become less special. Makes it difficult for me to even know which day it is sometimes now too, as my brains weekly calendar was always focussed on the previous and next football match.

Yes, but I also remember having to listen to big games on the radio and the seeing highlights later on. It is so much better to be able to see almost every game we play.

"No other football matches in the UK are played on a Friday"

- Aye because every other football club in the UK knows how shite it would be to play football on a Friday night when people are out getting pissed, people are working, others can't travel to/from games etc.

If this doesn't get booted questions should surely be asked?

Yes, but I also remember having to listen to big games on the radio and the seeing highlights later on. It is so much better to be able to see almost every game we play.

In many ways it is, especially for Gers games, but I used to be at them all anyway back then, so it is more about the non-Rangers games now on TV, it is a bit like working in a sweetie shop these days, so many games.

On the radio, I used to always listen to the crowd in the background as you would pick up on what had happened (with a goal or near miss etc) from the crowd before the commentator caught up. Best was the cellic/Partick Thistle league cup final (11 years old at time). We were out in the park playing football when the neighbours at the corner shouted Thistle were 4-0 up, we ran in to the house and the commentator was describing a fifth, then a sixth, we were going mental then we realised it was the half time re-run of the commentary.

It's hardly that huge a shock surely? :lol:

What making us play football on a Friday night? Aye it's a fucking shock and it's a disgrace. I could stomach a Sunday game, but this is just madness. If I worked at the club I would be telling them to go and take two fucks to themselves.

What making us play football on a Friday night? Aye it's a fucking shock and it's a disgrace. I could stomach a Sunday game, but this is just madness. If I worked at the club I would be telling them to go and take two fucks to themselves.

Games in England are sometimes played on a Friday night and regularly on a Monday. I can't say i'm hugely surprised.