Friday Night Football for Rangers on BT Sport

5cotland

Away games televised on a friday yes, home games no. protect the ST holders. Rangers are a world wide club and the inconvenience of playing on a friday night would be huge. Although its only 10 games i still think it would be better to show us away

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Friday night football will be a potential nightmare for fans from Ulster. Certainly I would find it almost impossible to make a game on Friday night.

Weekends are fine - even if games are switched from Saturday to Sunday at relatively short notice - but Friday will be a 'no, no' for a lot of Gers fans travelling from the Province.

However, if it's only to be two or three games, I wouldn't be too concerned, but any more and it calls into question the viability of a season ticket. I've already renewed my ST, so I'll await any announcement about Friday games before deciding what to do.

I remember when SPL games started being broadcast weekly the deal was that no club would have more than 4 home games live on TV...This was to give enough clubs the opportunity to have as many Saturday 3pm kick offs as possible as well as meaning almost every Rangers and Celtic away game would be broadcast (as could face every club away twice)

Now im not sure if thats changed at all but if its not then only 4 live Rangers games could be broadcast from Ibrox and since one of those will be when we're given the SFL2 Title at the end of the season which you'd have to presume would be on a Saturday/Sunday lunchtime then that only leaves 3 potential Ibrox fixtures for Friday Night viewing

Anybody else notice how this is announced as soon as the merger is forced through.

It's now worth £7m to the cabal on this alone.

I suspect we will find out shortly just how much their survival depended on getting us back into the fold. Or at least our money.

Bastards

I work most saturdays (one a month off agreed with the Boss to let me away to home games) and get the friday off instead,, getting to the game would be fine but getting all the way back down the road to near Newcastle with work the next am would be an issue,,, would also mean taking the car and no pre/post match beers :(

I was already planning to renew knowing that I would likely only get to around 50% of the games,,,, and I'm still waiting on a mate deciding if he will go 50-50,,, but if this goes ahead for home matches as well it will be a tough one to decide.

I'd beed to go straight from work to the games so it's not going to really put me out. Unfair on the bears from NI though. Could see attendances dropping because of this.

Football should be on a Saturday at 3pm.

Can't really see Police Scotland allowing this one to fly.

They'll have it in their heads that we'll all get tanked up before a Friday night game, then head out straight after it which could cause mayhem in the City Centre.

It might happen for away ones, but I seriously doubt it will for the home games.

Fucked about so the SPL fannies can make money out of us?

No thanks - our board should be telling them where to go

I'm firing an email off today and I would urge everyone else to do likewise

We will be getting the least money and the most inconvenience from this

Time to make a stand

Rangers will fall in line like all the rest of them.

Anybody else notice how this is announced as soon as the merger is forced through.

It's now worth £7m to the cabal on this alone.

I suspect we will find out shortly just how much their survival depended on getting us back into the fold. Or at least our money.

Bastards

I noticed this morning that Play-offs between the top two tiers is adding another £1.75m per year to the TV pot and thats without including sponsorship, highlights show and radio coverage

Fucked about so the SPL fannies can make money out of us?

No thanks - our board should be telling them where to go

I'm firing an email off today and I would urge everyone else to do likewise

We will be getting the least money and the most inconvenience from this

Time to make a stand

spot on swally,this is a money making exercise for the spl,it is time for a stand,the best thing we could do hear is a well publicised boycott.

Hopefully if this goes ahead it would be away games or if it's at home there aren't many of them.

Not sure the cops will be receptive to so many of their forces being taken away from the drunks on a Friday night though.

(tu) it's hard enough getting up and down on a Saturday now easy jet have no late flights coming back , becomes expensive staying over

Friday night football will be a potential nightmare for fans from Ulster. Certainly I would find it almost impossible to make a game on Friday night.

Weekends are fine - even if games are switched from Saturday to Sunday at relatively short notice - but Friday will be a 'no, no' for a lot of Gers fans travelling from the Province.

However, if it's only to be two or three games, I wouldn't be too concerned, but any more and it calls into question the viability of a season ticket. I've already renewed my ST, so I'll await any announcement about Friday games before deciding what to do.

Do you think this is deliberate, in that our ST will suffer and lots of gers fans especially Ulster lads would not make match day, hence sales suffer alsso, the club must tell them where to go on this

Absolute joke if TV money being given to the clubs in the first tier is taken because of the fanbase of a club in the third, and reduces gate money to other clubs in the third. Ridiculous and a further example of how much they have to do whatever Sky/BT want to have any sort of deal.