Is this true re Sheffield Tickets - can one of the Owls on here confirm?

Just gone along to book some tickets for the family and whatnot, by phoning the ticket office.

Wednesday are apparently aware of tickets in the south stand being sold to non SWFC fans, shall we say, so they've put a stop on all ticket sales to new accounts. You will only be able to get a ticket to the match if you are a regular visitor to hillsborough, which I'm not :ohmy::( .

Bugger.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

be glad when this ones over to be honest, a total farce which could have been a good event, now im having to defend one of my clubs Rangers against arsehole fans of my other club Wednesday on owlstalk, who seem to think we will be just as bad as semtex fc on wednesday In Sheffield, have a look:

http://www.owlstalk....ic/197961-scum/

Just gone along to book some tickets for the family and whatnot, by phoning the ticket office.

Wednesday are apparently aware of tickets in the south stand being sold to non SWFC fans, shall we say, so they've put a stop on all ticket sales to new accounts. You will only be able to get a ticket to the match if you are a regular visitor to hillsborough, which I'm not :ohmy::( .

Bugger.

Ive got 2 spare tickets for the South Stand,if you're still briefless?

wtf? If I was on the Sheffield board, I'd be enraged. Denying them income... What do the polis think will happen? Did they not monitor our Bristol visit? Or does anyone think the scum and their over enthusiastic 'fans' are the cause here? Are the police really that stupid to think we're all one and the same?

Block AA1,Row R.

One is an under 18,tho(not sure how on the ball their stewards are...........)

Looks good, nice and close to the Bears stand, I'd have to leave my bears shirt at home though right? :P

What are the rest of the Bears in the south stand doing, any ideas? :)

Looks good, nice and close to the Bears stand, I'd have to leave my bears shirt at home though right? :P

What are the rest of the Bears in the south stand doing, any ideas? :)

Pretty sure there will be plenty Bears in that corner.

Block AA1,Row R.

One is an under 18,tho(not sure how on the ball their stewards are...........)

Not the best idea publishing your seat numbers as Sheffield Wednesday could then block your ticket from scanning making it invalid.

With regards the Under 18's ticket, as a turnstile operator at Hillsborough I would stop you and refuse entry sending you to the stand supervisor to pay the difference but if your obviously Scottish and so probably a Rangers fan then this would probably mean you being refused entry.

The better option would probably be for the person who bought the ticket to go to the ticket office to upgrade it.

Not the best idea publishing your seat numbers as Sheffield Wednesday could then block your ticket from scanning making it invalid.

With regards the Under 18's ticket, as a turnstile operator at Hillsborough I would stop you and refuse entry sending you to the stand supervisor to pay the difference but if your obviously Scottish and so probably a Rangers fan then this would probably mean you being refused entry.

The better option would probably be for the person who bought the ticket to go to the ticket office to upgrade it.

FS mate you a jobs worth?

He's posting advice matey, he could have just let whoever ends up with the ticket turn up and be refused entry at the gate.

Yeah, you'd have to be a bit strict to do any of the above, but on the other hand, he didn't have to give advance warning.

He's posting advice matey, he could have just let whoever ends up with the ticket turn up and be refused entry at the gate.

Yeah, you'd have to be a bit strict to do any of the above, but on the other hand, he didn't have to give advance warning.

Aye but no letting someone in with a juvenile ticket. Fs it doesn't matter to the turnstile operator

I'm not going to let an adult in with a kids ticket am I!

We have mystery shoppers testing us every week in these sort of circumstances and it gets reported back to us at the next match so I'm not going to chance losing my job by letting people in with a wrong ticket, sorry.

I've been fair and told you what to do, go upgrade your ticket at the ticket office and then you can enter the ground 'Under the radar'.

I'm not going to let an adult in with a kids ticket am I!

We have mystery shoppers testing us every week in these sort of circumstances and it gets reported back to us at the next match so I'm not going to chance losing my job by letting people in with a wrong ticket, sorry.

I've been fair and to.d you what to do, go upgrade your ticket at the ticket office and then you can enter the ground 'Under the radar'.

He's got a point fella, we get mystery shoppers at our place too, we have to give it the whole three bags full sir stuff as well.

Like I say, he coulda just turned the ticket holder away, instead of advising him beforehand.