United Support - Not a chance !

Ace

Today I have just scrolled though half a dozen topics, every one has descended in a stream of stupid childish bickering! These threads are the perfect example of why, we as a support, will NEVER unite behind anyone ... ever !!

Accusations of empire building, pushing agenda's, defending agenda's, essentially ego's headbutting against ego's, each person proclaiming to have the good of the club at heart but failing to see that their belief is just getting in the way of whats best for the club.

I am naming no names here and I am on neither one side or the other, although I will happily declare that I am a member of the RST (before someone proclaims this as the reason for this post ... it isn't).

I remember watching an episode of The Simpsons and every time I read a thread in here (or elsewhere) it reminds of of one particular line .... "It's all Christianity, people. The little, stupid differences are nothing next to the big, stupid similarities", if you replace Christianity with Rangers (not in an ecumenical sense ... unless you want to) it is a quote that we should pay attention to.

There are so many different organisations behind the club ... RST, VB, UB, TBO, then you have websites ... RangersMedia, GersNet, DoTheBouncy, Follow Follow. Everyone of these organisations have one goal ... just one, to support the club, that's it. Now these organisations may go about achieving there goal in a different manner but they have that ethos at their heart, so why can't that be recognised, applauded and a way found for common ground to move forward ... united in one voice.

I use RangersMedia because I do like how the site welcomes open debate and has very loose restrictions when it comes to topics of conversation, however the constant hijacking of any thread that distills down to one particular organisation is seriously pissing me (and I suspect many other users?) off.

This hijacking is no longer about debate, its about point scoring & petty battles ... just F'kin stop it !!!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When you have a large number of people all in the one place you are going to have differences of opinions which will no doubt end up as 'childish bickering' on some quarters.

It is what it is, an open Rangers forum where anyone who supports the club is going to share their though be it positive, negative or whatever.

Name me a club with a united support? never mind one with the fansbase size of The Rangers.

it's a forum mate, everyone's entitled to their say.

I completely understand and accept that but this isn't about reasoned debate, over the 6 threads I opened before I posted this, everyone had descended into petty fighting, no longer about the topic at hand, just about having a dig ... I find it all tiresome.

I think I just read one thread too much & snapped .... lol

When you have a large number of people all in the one place you are going to have differences of opinions which will no doubt end up as 'childish bickering' on some quarters.

It is what it is, an open Rangers forum where anyone who supports the club is going to share their though be it positive, negative or whatever.

Name me a club with a united support? never mind one with the fansbase size of The Rangers.

Gotta be honest and say Celtic, yes there maybe be differences with the upside down lot but, in general, they speak with one voice ... when was the last time that happened with us.

I completely understand and accept that but this isn't about reasoned debate, over the 6 threads I opened before I posted this, everyone had descended into petty fighting, no longer about the topic at hand, just about having a dig ... I find it all tiresome.

I think I just read one thread too much & snapped .... lol

It can indeed go like that, it takes one post on a thread to take it off course but the threads I have read today they seemed to flow along and have to say I didn't notice any particular group being torn asunder.

If one of the threads you are alluding to is the Book thread......I didn't see it that way...I thought reasonable questions asked and answered and a couple of posters made some very good suggestions......it went a bit wonky when one individual appeared and as can happen he posted based on a recent post instead of reading back and seeing how it landed at the post he took the needle at.

I can't think of any other threads that you are getting at Bud.

Sadly there is the small but over vocal minority who will do their best to wreck any real debate. If a point is raised that could expose any possible target for getting to those who hate our club we get the same old cries of Bears Den, Pish or Obsessed for the same people.

Sadly there is the small but over vocal minority who will do their best to wreck any real debate. If a point is raised that could expose any possible target for getting to those who hate our club we get the same old cries of Bears Den, Pish or Obsessed for the same people.

No.

When people post rubbish about Celt*c or such like that has nothing to do with Rangers then the 'Bears Den' stuff comes out.

There are plenty sections in this site to deal with that type of thing.

There are a lot of threads that start to digress into unrelated areas of discussion, have noticed a few posters take ownership of their topics and try to bring them back into line, maybe we need to see more of this

No.

When people post rubbish about Celt*c or such like that has nothing to do with Rangers then the 'Bears Den' stuff comes out.

There are plenty sections in this site to deal with that type of thing.

So you would say that anything that involves c****c or any other club getting an unfair advantage over our club has nothing to do with Rangers? That's the sort of thinking that allowed them to take over the running of Scottish football. A heck of a lot of what they have been up to over the last decade has a direct influence on what has and will happen to our club. That has a lot more right to be on a Rangers forum than a lot of the stuff being posted on here. If we want our club to get back to a position of any strength in Scottish football we must examine everything being done behind the scenes to see what the ramifications will be or have been for Rangers.

So you would say that anything that involves c****c or any other club getting an unfair advantage over our club has nothing to do with Rangers? That's the sort of thinking that allowed them to take over the running of Scottish football. A heck of a lot of what they have been up to over the last decade has a direct influence on what has and will happen to our club. That has a lot more right to be on a Rangers forum than a lot of the stuff being posted on here. If we want our club to get back to a position of any strength in Scottish football we must examine everything being done behind the scenes to see what the ramifications will be or have been for Rangers.

I'm here to talk about Rangers not anyone else.

If I want to do so I'll go to general sports.

That's how it works.

I'm here to talk about Rangers not anyone else.

If I want to do so I'll go to general sports.

That's how it works.

Just for interest if all you want to talk about is Rangers where in your view should the recent threads on the marching season and the lack of similar punishments being placed on Hearts have been posted?