Another view from Brora

The village of Brora, sparkling jewel by the wild North Sea, was a carnival today. The Glasgow Rangers team arrived a day or so ago and from all over, the loyal Rangers fans descended on our little village this afternoon. At 2.30, who could not be stirred emotionally by the sea of blue and white lining our streets? With beers in their hands and flags aloft, the clan of Gers lifted Brora from somnambulistic stupor to football frenzy. It has been many years since there has been such a party atmosphere here. Thousands of people smiling and laughing and singing. Perfect. In truth, the entire experience was somewhat surreal. But as we pinch ourselves this evening – yes it’s true – Rangers came to Brora and Andy Murray won Wimbledon.

To Mr. McCoist and his staff and to his young football team, there is no limit which ought to be placed upon the thanks which should be accorded to them by us Broras. You do your club and its traditions proud. To see players and management wandering through our streets, strolling on our hallowed golf course and playing football with the bairns on the miles and miles of golden beach is graceful and profoundly kind. Thank you.

I hope Brora and our Brora Rangers can persuade you to return soon. If Scottish football followed your example Glasgow Rangers, it would soon raise itself out of the embarrassing gutter in which it now wallows. The sooner you get back into the top flight and re-imbue Scotland with your laughter, professionalism, commitment and determination to win, the better for us all.

Brora will be sad when you bid us farewell.

After all of these years it was an honour for me personally to finally thank Ian Durrant for the support he gave me during my knee reconstruction. He is an inspiration. Sport in general, football in particular, is a giant family of fervent believers. Though we may see things differently, when the chips are down we pull together and support each other through thick and thin. Football has the power to transcend all differences and draw tears from the harshest eyes. So it was in Brora today where tears of joy and appreciation flowed for the visit of the Glasgow Rangers to play our Mighty Brora Rangers. The score is irrelevant. The warmth of welcome and the strength of grip that conjoined us as we shook hands are what counts. Goals are the spindrift of the tide of respect that spreads around Dudgeon Park (and Ibrox). A small part of Brora shall for ever be Glasgow Rangers.

Come back soon.

Someone who lived in Brora

Gee ta. I like to read compliments to the team I follow from the far side of the world in the original so that when I am winding up the filth, I can refer them to the source just to rub it in.

That should be sent to every spl team to show how other teams should treat their countries biggest club. Respect us & we will respect you. Shit on us & you'll regret it.

I suspect they've already read it and are currently in talks with the SFA/SPFL to find ways of punishing Bora, another Rangers to attack can't be bad for them.

I hope Brora and our Brora Rangers can persuade you to return soon. If Scottish football followed your example Glasgow Rangers, it would soon raise itself out of the embarrassing gutter in which it now wallows. The sooner you get back into the top flight and re-imbue Scotland with your laughter, professionalism, commitment and determination to win, the better for us all.

Amazing sentiments. Thanks for posting this mate.