James easdale joins board

I was under the impression they have had boxes at Ibrox for years

Some people may know a little about them but I don't see the Easdales running Rangers like a bus company, as others have mentioned many businesses in the west of Scotland have their origins in slightly murky waters.

Can understand people being concerned but there is a danger we are panic-starting, lots of people looking in - , maybe we should take a step back and see what develops here with Easdale before condemning anyone outright?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi mate, was offline there, apologies.

Last Spring/Summer as not only Doncaster but Regan were up shit creek he was the man with the paddle - without his intervention the game as a whole seemingly faced total disaster. If not blessed with real power at the time he was certainly in possession of a great bargaining hand to start with, I feel he has whittled his advantage down over the months since to a degree where any chance of 'moving the game forward' (something I know he was keen to do) has gone.

Believe me he will not be without regrets, should have pressed on when he had the bit between his teeth. I myself regret he was unable to progress the game as a whole and I view that as his failure given the opportunity he had - No, it wouldn't have been easy but it was definitely possible...he fell some way short I'm afraid and lost the trust of those in charge at Ibrox (my opinion, as mentioned Green leaving was the final nail).

....Subsequently any chance of him holding a position with Rangers must surely now be gone.

If you had been in Longmuirs job this time last year , what would you have done differently 'with the bit between YOUR teeth'?

If you had been in Longmuirs job this time last year , what would you have done differently 'with the bit between YOUR teeth'?

Pressed home and played on the obvious lack of confidence in the SFA & SPL, Regan & Doncaster.

Marshalled the SFL clubs more proficiently, they were telling Longmuir one thing and then doing the opposite.

Widened his appeal to fans of other clubs, particularly in the SPL where neither Regan nor Doncaster have much support. Had he produced a workable and exciting League reconstruction plan that would have made all the difference, what he produced was no more imaginative nor appealling than what was proffered elsewhere.

Finally get a wee bit down and dirty, which was pretty much the way they done him over in the end.

I'll come back at a later point with finer details but these are the less technical aspects which could have been developed easily.

Pressed home and played on the obvious lack of confidence in the SFA & SPL, Regan & Doncaster.

Marshalled the SFL clubs more proficiently, they were telling Longmuir one thing and then doing the opposite.

Widened his appeal to fans of other clubs, particularly in the SPL where neither Regan nor Doncaster have much support. Had he produced a workable and exciting League reconstruction plan that would have made all the difference, what he produced was no more imaginative nor appealling than what was proffered elsewhere.

Finally get a wee bit down and dirty, which was pretty much the way they done him over in the end.

I'll come back at a later point with finer details but these are the less technical aspects which could have been developed easily.

Looking forward to it.

The bit I don't get is if they are only worth £400.000 how are they going to buy CG shares for a few million, up until now I had never heard of them and I'm sure the Record and BBC will be puylling out all the stops to see if they are indeed nothing more than gangsters.

The bit I don't get is if they are only worth £400.000 how are they going to buy CG shares for a few million, up until now I had never heard of them and I'm sure the Record and BBC will be puylling out all the stops to see if they are indeed nothing more than gangsters.

They aren't worth 400k

My take is anyone ploughing the sort of money in, that they are, means they will take no shit and want a tight run ship.

As to them personally. I know nothing. However, someone I know sold a business to them and got a seven figure some, with no hassle and, being a very good Ranger's man himself, said he had no issues with them getting involved.

What is your take on the Easdale involvement Host?

My take is anyone ploughing the sort of money in, that they are, means they will take no shit and want a tight run ship.

As to them personally. I know nothing. However, someone I know sold a business to them and got a seven figure sum, with no hassle and, being a very good Ranger's man himself, said he had no issues with them getting involved.

When they were first linked with us a while back stories appeared in the press about their past and tax evasion etc, and once again the Scottish press tried to dig up as much dirt on them as possible, like they've done with everyone who had been linked with us. I can't make any judgement whether or not they will be good for us but don't see any reason why us fans should start posting about rumours that have no substance about their history and current dealings the press are going to be doing this enough themselves without us feeding that fire. End of the day they won't be any worse than the thieves and gangsters which are illegally hiding money from the proper authorities over at the dark side.

As to them personally. I know nothing. However, someone I know sold a business to them and got a seven figure sum, with no hassle and, being a very good Ranger's man himself, said he had no issues with them getting involved.

Excellent news, from what I know thus far I am pretty happy to give them a chance, proceeding with some caution of course.

Can you tell me how much Mr Easdale has put into Rangers ?

Whilst I understand that Easdale has put money into Gers and obviously wants a say in the running of the club, I think we should be very wary. If the rumours are true, there is no doubt that the mhedia have "information" and will reveal it at a time that causes maximum damage to us. Im trying hard but I cant find anything positive about this appointment.

Got any figures to back that statement up?

Aye I walk about knowing what people put in.

Unless something has changed they initially had 6% did they not?

They also have an agreement to buy 6/7% of greens holdings.

Or has something happened that I am not aware of?

Aye I walk about knowing what people put in.

Unless something has changed they initially had 6% did they not?

They also have an agreement to buy 6/7% of greens holdings.

Or has something happened that I am not aware of?

That's a no then.

Could have just said:

I know nothing.

Give them a chance for fuck sake. I welcome bears on the board. At least they are real rangers fans(not like motherwell based supposed bears)

And I'm a small (very) shareholder