Lewis Can Only Improve

Think he will be a great player for us IF he gets through the next 2 seasons without serious injury.

The better he plays and the more he takes the piss out of hatchet men trying to make a name for themselves will only make him stronger.

I have to be honest; I think Rhys McCabe is more of a player than Macleod, based entirely on both's performances in a blue jersey.

I'm not saying that he's going to develop into the better player, but McCabe played in the SPL and didn't look out of place while Macleod done well in the Third Division.

They're similar in age, too, and McCabe appeared for us and Scotland Under-19s/21s first.

I absolutely despise McCabe, by the way. We gave him a platform to make a name for himself and during our time of need, he bailed on us. A mate showed me his Twitter and he had posted a picture of his Rangers towel with his name on it; I felt sick.

I remember a game at Parkhead, we lost three-nil, just after we went into administration and McCabe actually lost the ball for their second or third, but he went in for a 50/50 with Brown and put him on his arse. I've regularly wondered how Macleod would cope at that level. McCabe could also ping a pass, there's absolutely no denying that.

What I'm saying is that he's a wee fucking cunt, but didn't do himself any harm in a Rangers jersey.

Just watched the RTV highlights of the warm up games in the Highlands and at Bristol. He was impressive as was his form last season. Seems to me he has a very bright future at Rangers and be a huge asset to help propel his Club back to the very top. Here's hoping he will be given every chance and every encouragement and evey assistance by the management and coaching team. It's as much up to them as it is to the player himself. I hope he becomes a truly top class player on a consistent basis and for a long time for Rangers.

He may not be alone. Barry will return after recovering from his injury last season and with the new experienced additions I believe he can sparkle even more. Remember how many times last season Supporters would be lifted when he got on the ball going full tilt at defences? He too could become a really fine top class player. Fraser Aird seems to be developing well too. And Hutton seems to be learning fast as well. So with the new additions a huge challenge opens up for Ally McCoist's managerial, leadership and coaching skills. Get a winning side on the pitch week by week and create plenty of opportunity for these young players to develop into outstanding Rangers players. I hope he succeeds because if he does not only will Rangers be huge beneficiaries but so will these young players.

I have to be honest; I think Rhys McCabe is more of a player than Macleod, based entirely on both's performances in a blue jersey.

I'm not saying that he's going to develop into the better player, but McCabe played in the SPL and didn't look out of place while Macleod done well in the Third Division.

They're similar in age, too, and McCabe appeared for us and Scotland Under-19s/21s first.

I absolutely despise McCabe, by the way. We gave him a platform to make a name for himself and during our time of need, he bailed on us. A mate showed me his Twitter and he had posted a picture of his Rangers towel with his name on it; I felt sick.

I remember a game at Parkhead, we lost three-nil, just after we went into administration and McCabe actually lost the ball for their second or third, but he went in for a 50/50 with Brown and put him on his arse. I've regularly wondered how Macleod would cope at that level. McCabe could also ping a pass, there's absolutely no denying that.

What I'm saying is that he's a wee fucking cunt, but didn't do himself any harm in a Rangers jersey.

In the handful of games McCabe played for us he looked like a very good player. He was outstanding in his first Old Firm game.

It would have been good to have a midfield of three talented youngsters (MacLeod, Ness, McCabe) that came from the youth set up but at the same time only one wanted to play for us unlike the turncoat shitebags of Ness and McCabe.

I genuinely didn't see or understand the initial hype with him but now I'm really starting to appreciate how good his overall game was/is. Regarding McCabe, he was absolutely immense in his OF debut and bossed the game and was MOTM. Like Ness he had a great eye for a pass and could switch play up incredibly well, something we've lacked greatly for quite a while. It's all if's but's and maybe's with Ness but injuries aside, his natural talent was something special.

Genuinely have no idea how people rated McCabe as highly as Ness.

Ness was on a different level from him. Really believe if it wasn't for his injuries he'd be a starter for a top 8 team in England. The guy was the absolute nuts when fit, and this was with pretty much no senior experience despite his age.

Your comments about top 8 are as OTT as what AlBear said about Lewis.

Ness hype seems to be mostly based on one single game against the scum, the same game that they dominated the second half with 10 men and got a 2-2 draw. Would love to hear all these games that Ness was 'the absolute nuts' in....???

He had a spell in the team in Jan-Feb before injuries caught up with him. Impressed me with his passing, I do remember him struggling in the second half of that game, don't think he played again in that season.

Your comments about top 8 are as OTT as what AlBear said about Lewis.

Ness hype seems to be mostly based on one single game against the scum, the same game that they dominated the second half with 10 men and got a 2-2 draw. Would love to hear all these games that Ness was 'the absolute nuts' in....???

Pretty sure saying someone could achieve what they want in the game is something you'd say about Gotze/Neymar as opposed to Lewis. My comment of saying Ness could fit into an Everton or West Brom team is a bit below that...

And I couldn't tell you individual games, but I'm struggling to see how you couldn't realise just how special Ness was at times. The Jim Baxter references from older bears weren't for no reason.

We can't judge Lewis in the way we judged Mccabe Ness ect as Lewis has not had the chance of big Old Firm games or regularly playing against top level opposition but that's hardly his fault. I'm just looking forward to watching a exciting young player playing for us next season and the comparisons are not neccesary right now, I like Lewis for what he is a very talented midfielder with a bright future ahead of him.