Lewis Can Only Improve

I think he's been outstanding.

I remember seeing his name on the bench a few times during the 2011/12 season, but I hadn't heard much about him, then he came into the first team for last season I'm sure he started the the first game at Brechin. He definitely played, either way, and he was so calming on the ball for a young boy.

My only complaint would have been that he needed to add goals to his game, but he's shown in pre-season that he's capable of getting himself into the sort of positions where he can do that.

Of all our young players, he's probably the only one who I would say has naturally "got it".

Had the pleasure of meeting this kid a couple of weeks back in the toronto scarborough club, and chatting to him he came across as a humble young man with his head screwed on properly, which probbably comes from his parents who are equaly nice people.

Dreading the day he leaves us for the bright lights to be honest.

The boy has the potential and physicality to be a top top player but that doesn't necessarily mean he will leave....he is a born and bred rangers fan who can fulfill his footballing goals with us! If he is motivated by money then yes the EPL will eventually be his destination however how many EPL clubs can offer the facilities, fan base, opportunity to win things and European involvement we can? 4 or 5 tops....so many players go on about the EPL but there is a massive difference playing for a hull or Norwich than a man utd or Chelsea and sometimes the pound signs cloud that for these guys!

The boy has the potential and physicality to be a top top player but that doesn't necessarily mean he will leave....he is a born and bred rangers fan who can fulfill his footballing goals with us! If he is motivated by money then yes the EPL will eventually be his destination however how many EPL clubs can offer the facilities, fan base, opportunity to win things and European involvement we can? 4 or 5 tops....so many players go on about the EPL but there is a massive difference playing for a hull or Norwich than a man utd or Chelsea and sometimes the pound signs cloud that for these guys!

More than happy for you to convince him of that!

More than happy for you to convince him of that!

The problem will always be agents mate....they look only for pound signs, predominantly for themselves! He has a long way to go and hopefully even if he does go it will be on our terms and we can make a large transfer fee from his sale! Probably getting ahead of ourselves here anyway! Just delighted we have a young player making the grade at the moment!

Blackthorn cup? Is this a new thing?

I think it was a one off as looking at the pictures, they had Blackthorn on their shits as well.

Good to read about at least one of our youngsters from last year picking up where he left off, and improving.

mentioned how he has more potential than Ness and McCabe ever did...

That's not saying much, considering.

Purely my opinion. Time will tell how he uses and improves on his natural ability of which there is no argument.

Where are they now?

Although I agree with you re Lewis's potential the point is both ness and McCabe had tremendous potential but haven't kicked on predominantly down to bad moves at the wrong time and in ness's case, being chocolate.....clearly I hope not but at this stage there are no guarantees Lewis won't go the same way in the next few years!

It would be good if for a change we could just let the boy play and progress without people calling him the next "enter past great player name", "future captain", "best thing since sliced bread", and other over the top things people come away with every time a youngster comes through and plays well.