Kenny shiels what a guy

KENNY SHIELS claims Neil Lennon should be KNIGHTED for netting Celtic £12.5million for Victor Wanyama.

The former Kilmarnock boss reckons the Kenyan star — who moved to Southampton in a Scottish record deal last week — is vastly over-rated.

And he said: “To my mind, Neil deserves a knighthood for getting someone to pay £12.5m for him.

“Any time we played Celtic I’d tell our lads not to worry about him being on the ball as he doesn’t keep it very well.

“We found that, when you gave him space, he just didn’t have the natural instincts to know what to do with the ball. We would press players like Joe Ledley and Charlie Mulgrew but we just dropped off Wanyama and, most of the time, we got the ball back from him.

“Celtic have made a big financial gain from his transfer but I don’t think they’ve been weakened in a footballing sense.”

Shiels, meanwhile, feels Lennon shouldn’t worry about Celtic’s poor pre-season form going into tomorrow’s Champions League qualifier against Cliftonville.

He said: “The defeats will have sharpened them up mentally.”

Ads by Google

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/feeds/smartphone/scotland/5015538/Shiels-in-125m-Vic-blast.html#ixzz2ZAExPCl3

:lol:

That will be another 5 match ban fae Vincent Lunny :lol:

I dont know if you are joking or not but Kenny Shiels isn't Kilmarnock manager anymore so Vincent Lunny can't do anything about it.

I always found Shiels to be a decent guy and very honest, good on him for speaking his mind. Never saw a £12.5m player in Wanyama either but let's see how he does down south.

If I remember correctly, he has spoke utter shite about us in the past? Wasn't it him that "blamed us" for SPL clubs not being able to sign players because we were getting them all?

His more recent ramblings about that. Lot have made me laugh though.

Might have been Pat Fenlon that said that actually.

If I remember correctly, he has spoke utter shite about us in the past? Wasn't it him that "blamed us" for SPL clubs not being able to sign players because we were getting them all?

His more recent ramblings about that. Lot have made me laugh though.

The interview I read at the time I'm sure he said thanks to us being voted out then they couldn't sign players they wanted to.

Anyone not scared to speak the truth about the tarriers and their myths gets the thumbs up from me

I dont know if you are joking or not but Kenny Shiels isn't Kilmarnock manager anymore so Vincent Lunny can't do anything about it.

I always found Shiels to be a decent guy and very honest, good on him for speaking his mind. Never saw a £12.5m player in Wanyama either but let's see how he does down south.

Again of course I'm kidding. It was a wee joke at how you can't talk out against the taigs

Lets not pretend Wanyama is shite and that all the hype is because he scored against Barca he looked very good overall in their champions league campaign.

But at the same time he isn't worth near £12.5 Million he is a very good defensive midfielder but the thing that holds him back from playing for a top club is the fact he isn't good enough on the ball he is worth £7/8 Million at the most.