When we get promotion to the premier league.

KingKirk

Will you be expecting to win the league at the first time of asking?

For me its a yes I expect The Rangers to win everything we enter. I will say however over the next two years there must continue to be a rise in the standard of player bought. To make sure we are in a position to challenge for the title as soon as we gain promotion. I hope the club don't approach it as in a slow progression for the first 2/3 years. This would be unacceptable imo.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think there would be any shame in finishing second in our first season back.

Would be starting to look for a win from the following season tbh.

I would accept 2nd if it was only a small points margin(no more than 5 points)

Double edged sword.

Some on here want/expect we should just be spending enough to win each division respectively. This would by design leave us with alot of work to do when we're back and likely mean 3-5 years before we are realistically challenging.

Others, including myself and Rangers current management, see the benefit of rebuilding our squad to an spl level gradually through our rise. So when we are back in the top division we can be challenging for the title from the first season.

Imo. Our goal has always been to reclaim our Scottish title, number 55, ASAP.

The thing to consider is the strength of the opposition, no one other than Celtic can buy anyone, almost every half decent player has left the SPL to go south. Cant see that changing in the next two years, if anything it will get worse eg If Hearts go down then Hibs will lose a good wad of cash, and as yet no sponsor for the league,no Edinburgh, Dundee or Glasgow derby. I think we can run them close first time of asking.

So you honestly believe the signings of Foster, Smith, Daly and Clark are good enough to help us challenge for the SPL title when we get there? Sorry but I don't see it one bit at all, not one of them are going to be good enough at that stage to be regulars for a title chasing team.

What part of the word gradually is hard for you to understand?

So you honestly believe the signings of Foster, Smith, Daly and Clark are good enough to help us challenge for the SPL title when we get there? Sorry but I don't see it one bit at all, not one of them are going to be good enough at that stage to be regulars for a title chasing team.

Harsh on Daly and Clark, Daly will easy hold his own, Clark bagged 41 last season in the league we are in now, that's an impressive haul anywhere, I reckon he will be a goodun.

I honestly don't think it would take us long to assemble a squad to compete.

I would have loved to have seen us bring through loads of our youth, ready for the battle when we got back, but it looks like only a few will make it.

If you look at Smiths first season after taking over from PLG, he brought most of a team in and won the league. It doesn't have to be done over years. Fair enough, he spent a fair bit in doing so, but we will have larger revenues to support spending.

I just think we should be cautious in going a couple of years paying way more than we need to for players to get a promotion from part time leagues. Would rather the money was put in the bank or invested so that we have more to spend on quality when we get back to the SPL. Use this time to find out which youth players are capable of making the grade whilst bringing in hungry guys like Clark to support them. If they are not strong enough, bring in some cheap experienced sfl veterans to help.

Time to start investing in good quality would have been the start of the season in sfl1 in my opinion.

We need Champions League football as soon as possible. Not sure what the co-efficient will be like when we're there though.

Income isn't going to change much over the next few years... Season books will go up a wee bit but that will likely be offset by wages and bonuses and what have you.

You're bang on mate, it's about hitting the motherload of the CL.

Unfortunately, unless something unexpected happens or someone has some amazingly cunning plan, I don't think it'll be all that realistic that we'll win until maybe the third season.