• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He'll sign when/if he signs.

If he does, great. He has looked one of best players on form this preseason and we do need a solid CB.

If he doesn't it is not the end of the world. We still have a very strong squad for where we are and it's likely there are other options in the pipeline already.

We won't sign him, we don't have the funds, hence losing 300-500K odd a month.

:rolleyes:

The CEO came out and directly spoke to the fans that we are operating within our means. Why do we have a reason to disbelieve Mather but trust BillMcMurdo?

Anyone else think we may be trying to offload Cribri (?) first to free up funds?

I hope not. Cribari seems to have a new lease of life playing next to someone with a bit of talent.

As said in another thread, I think we are meeting his agent today.

Oh my....

Sarcasm seems lost on you.

You also quoted a post of mine in the other thread minutes ago mentioning about waiting until the accounts are released before believing anyone. :lol:

You need to work on your sarcasm then my friend.

Yeah I've said that too. You don't agree it's the right attitude to have?

I hope not. Cribari seems to have a new lease of life playing next to someone with a bit of talent.

As said in another thread, I think we are meeting his agent today.

Good point re Cribari, last season he struggled.it's plan to see he's not a ball winner............Durrant said that he looked the part playing with an out and out centre back.

Moshy and his agent are meeting the club today. He and cribari have looked very sound. If anyone was to get chopped off the books id prefer to see perry go.

Lets hope we do get him signed, he's sounded really up for it in the games he's played so far.

Sometimes though, when we have players like this I can never get the feeling that we'll end up with another Goian who looked good to begin with, then...... trailed off a wee bit.

Good point re Cribari, last season he struggled.it's plan to see he's not a ball winner............Durrant said that he looked the part playing with an out and out centre back.

If he's not a ball winner then what qualities does he bring to the defence? In my opinion, he's not an organiser nor a leader, he's not particularly gifted with the ball at his feet, he didn't appear to read the game or position himself well, he looked weak and slow. Granted some of the fault lies with his defensive partners. It seems theres been a change in attitude from guys who've seen him in pre-season, which I have not, but on last seasons performances I'd rather he wasn't our first choice centre half. Let's hope Durrant and others are right if we don't sign another centre half.

If he's not a ball winner then what qualities does he bring to the defence? In my opinion, he's not an organiser nor a leader, he's not particularly gifted with the ball at his feet, he didn't appear to read the game or position himself well, he looked weak and slow. Granted some of the fault lies with his defensive partners. It seems theres been a change in attitude from guys who've seen him in pre-season, which I have not, but on last seasons performances I'd rather he wasn't our first choice centre half. Let's hope Durrant and others are right if we don't sign another centre half.

Get what you say and I agree we will be in trouble if we don't sign a ball winning Centre Back..........think the point Durrant was making he looks a better player with that type of player next to him, you need a mix in the centre of the back four.