Touching story about the Lee Rigby flag

It was my Supporters club The Whifflet Loyal, Coatbridge, who made the flag n took it to sheffield. Lee's family have been in touch with the RSC to thank them, and they appreciate it so much, and they would like to be involved in the RSC in some way. Just thought I'd let yous know.

We Are The People! One Lee Rigby!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was my Supporters club The Whifflet Loyal, Coatbridge, who made the flag n took it to sheffield. Lee's family have been in touch with the RSC to thank them, and they appreciate it so much, and they would like to be involved in the RSC in some way. Just thought I'd let yous know.

This is lovely news....I accidentally went on the sheffield United Forum instead of the Sheffield Wednesday one and read them saying the flag was tasteless which I was quite saddened to read from other footballing fans, but this is nice to read.

Personally I thought it was a touching tribute.

Unfortunately it seems that some regard it as point scoring.

Rangers and her supports have a long tradition of support for the armed forces.

It was not a point scoring exercise it was simply a tribute to a young man who served in the military, who's death had a profound effect on millions of people throughout the world.

Again.. Rangers the club and Rangers supporters have and are likely to always be proud supporters of our servicemen and women.

This is lovely news....I accidentally went on the sheffield United Forum instead of the Sheffield Wednesday one and read them saying the flag was tasteless which I was quite saddened to read from other footballing fans, but this is nice to read.

That would be terrorist supporting fenian bastards.

Indeed it is very touching that a message of support in the form of a flag and gesture (of passing it round the ground involving the opposition fans) has reached the young mans family and shown them that his tragic murder is not just a flash-in-the-pan-headline that's been used for individuals agenda's,...but that his death isn't in vein, his service to our country and his death by-proxy for it WILL be remembered far and wide in these lands for long after the news stop's mentioning him and those whom sought to gain from him have moved on.

Lee Rigby you are a passing which stands out unique sadly due to circumstance, in a sea of brave young men & women whom have lost limbs, their mind or their life for this proud, great country of fantastic freedoms of which you helped provide and maintain. You, like your comrades before you and sadly after you, will not be forgotten. Your country is in debt to your service and the price you paid. We will remember and we say 'Thank you', may your family, loved ones and friends find solace in the fact that they shared time with you and that your life rippled throughout the lands and is recognized by the millions of people within it every 11th hour, of the 11th day, of the 11th month, each year!

His family are more than welcome to share their grief and pride with our family.

Very nice and poignant post that,and sums up my way of thinking perfectly.

(tu)

We are the loyal,the Whifflet Loyal!!

It's only seen as 'point scoring' because THOSE lowlife scumbags thought it necessary to sing vile songs celebrating his tragic killing.

Had they not done that, the flag would still have been passed around, and we wouldn't have heard anything of this stupid argument.

Still, scum is what scum does. Sadly nothing will ever change that. We should never let their actions influence our own tributes.

I think the club should invite lees family up for a game at ibrox would be great.

Lee's mum has asked if she can have the flag. Talk of trying to get her up to Ibrox to hand it over at half time on the pitch (tu)

When you consider all the things that Drummer Rigbys family have had to endure in the last couple of months, it says a lot about them that they have gone to the trouble of finding out who was responsible for the flag, how to get in touch with them, and then to actually make contact with the RSC to pass on their thanks.

Post brought a lump to my throat.....and I really hope the Club invite them to receive the flag at Ibrox.

I'll Follow Follow Rangers Forever 1872

2 hours ago

Don't know if you've heard; But Lee Rigby's mum was so touched at seeing the flag "Drummer Lee Rigby Lest We Forget" that was passed around Hillsborough by Rangers fans, that she's asked if she can have the flag. And after contacting the Whiflett Loyal, it looks like it'll be going to Lee Rigby's mother!

~Jordz

Got this from Facebook