Just heard an amazing story about the Groin Brigade

All sounds about right CoI, the handbags with Cliftonville fans was also down to a few plastics that haven't threw a stone in anger singing about something they don't understand. Some seasoned Republicans from New Lodge put them in their place

Horrible things

Reading my monthly World Soccer magazine,they have the global game in pictures,one had a little lad playing football in front of a mural with his Sellik top on depicting the huddle with Cliftonville and Sellik players stating...Nothhern Ireland ...local children in Celtic shirts play in front of a mural painted prior to Cliftonvilles Champions league qualifier with the Scottish club.......is this for real????

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No news here, every club has its divisions in their support and the more vocal support have strained relationships with the clubs board. rangers support is the most split as I can ever remember and it's that you should be worrying about.

As for the GB, if u really want them to stop singing rebel songs then we need to stop singing about loyalist paramilitaries first. As a rangers fan I am proud to be British and love the way the queens picture hangs over the wall but it's time I stopped hearing the words UVF Or UDA Being song at ibrox. It makes my skin crawl to hear some of our supports mention those drug dealing murdering scum in the same breath as my club.

I know this post won't be popular with some people and im not trolling for an argument. It's just hypocritical for us to keep pointing the finger at them when we continue to sing about similar groups.

I understand that one group is pro British and one group is anti British but both their crimes have an effect on the British people and should not be justified by any decent thinking individuals. Dont give a shit if people are saying it's being song about the UVF of the past, those decent men who fell at the Somme would be outraged to be affiliated with today's gangsters.

Rant over, leave the consistently offended attidute to the Tim's please

No news here, every club has its divisions in their support and the more vocal support have strained relationships with the clubs board. rangers support is the most split as I can ever remember and it's that you should be worrying about.

As for the GB, if u really want them to stop singing rebel songs then we need to stop singing about loyalist paramilitaries first. As a rangers fan I am proud to be British and love the way the queens picture hangs over the wall but it's time I stopped hearing the words UVF Or UDA Being song at ibrox. It makes my skin crawl to hear some of our supports mention those drug dealing murdering scum in the same breath as my club.

I know this post won't be popular with some people and im not trolling for an argument. It's just hypocritical for us to keep pointing the finger at them when we continue to sing about similar groups.

I understand that one group is pro British and one group is anti British but both their crimes have an effect on the British people and should not be justified by any decent thinking individuals. Dont give a shit if people are saying it's being song about the UVF of the past, those decent men who fell at the Somme would be outraged to be affiliated with today's gangsters.

Rant over, leave the consistently offended attidute to the Tim's please

take it you've not been to ibrox since the nineties.

- ǝpɐbıɹq uǝǝɹb ǝɥʇ is made up of fanatics who are far more concerned about hardline Republicanism than the team.

celtic fans on the whole are far more concerned with Rangers, Republicanism, and the early purchase of school uniforms, than they are with their beloved team.

- Lawwell fucking hates the GB and would ban them all tomorrow.

If this were true, then why the fuck doesn't he?

take it you've not been to ibrox since the nineties.

I have been lots of times and if your telling me that you have not heard the song. were coming were coming were coming down the road were the first battalion UVF And we're coming down the road or fathers advice then you need a hearing test.

I have no problems with the billy boys or the sash as all football fans sing similar songs to wind up the opposition but I hate songs about loyalist paramilitaries and I think it's hypricrital to keep going on about the GB Singing about IRA songs when our support continue to sing about similar distasteful organizations.

Sort our selves out then we can criticise others

I have been lots of times and if your telling me that you have not heard the song. were coming were coming were coming down the road were the first battalion UVF And we're coming down the road or fathers advice then you need a hearing test.

I have no problems with the billy boys or the sash as all football fans sing similar songs to wind up the opposition but I hate songs about loyalist paramilitaries and I think it's hypricrital to keep going on about the GB Singing about IRA songs when our support continue to sing about similar distasteful organizations.

Well be coming and fathers advice are hardly singing about a paramilitary organisation.

Those two songs are about the original UVF, who we should be proud of.

Nothing wrong whatsoever with those songs.

Deary me my friend. You really need to get up to date with your history. If you listen to the first 10 words of coming down the road then you will see that the song isn't about paramilitarys. When during the WW1 was a UVF paramilitary about?

Those songs are about a time when the UVF was a legit regiment of the British Army.

Hardly comparable to singing songs about people who set off bombs in British Cities both here and In NI.

Those songs are about a time when the UVF was a legit regiment of the British Army.

Hardly comparable to singing songs about people who set off bombs in British Cities both here and In NI.

No offence but it's the same excuse the GB give about the boys from the old brigade. Listen it was the 36 th Ulster division which walked in to the Somme to die for Ulster's children. the UVF has since passed those glory days and it's time we stopped singing about them. Fact fact fact. No bull shit folks

No offence but it's the same excuse the GB give about the boys from the old brigade. Listen it was the 36 th Ulster division which walked in to the Somme to die for Ulster's children. the UVF has since passed those glory days and it's time we stopped singing about them. Fact fact fact. No bull shit folks

'The 36th (Ulster) Division was a division of Lord Kitchener's New Army formed in September 1914. Originally called the Ulster Division, it was made up of members of the Ulster Volunteer Force, who formed thirteen additional battalions.'

A little different to the IRA in any form who never went to war for anyone but themselves. Its you that's out of step with the majority of the support (especially those who made such an impression last Wednesday).

Stop singing about the brave people who defended our lands and were first over the top at the Somme?

Singing about the original UVF reminds people f the sacrifices they gave as volunteers to defend Britain.

Ill still be singing it, there's absolutely no comparison between the 36th and the IRA who murdered innocent men, women and children to further their cause and have always been a terrorist organisation.

We really should have a song about the Caledonian Confederacy sending the Romans back to build Hadrian's wall and think again. It would make more sense to us as a Scottish club. It also would be good for a bit of Roman-bashing.

As Calgacus said: "They make a desert... and call it peace."

A little different to the IRA in any form who never went to war for anyone but themselves. Its you that's out of step with the majority of the support (especially those who made such an impression last Wednesday).

Including the Irish Volunteers? Those who originally formed as a pro nationalist paramilitary but went on to join the British Army during World War one? The Irish Volunteers turned into the Original IRA.

See people who claim we sing UDA songs at Ibrox, it just proves they dont go to bloody games. I dont think ive ever heard the words UDA being sung. Its just a myth thats spread by the tarriers like the pre-teen brigade. We occasionally sing songs about the 36th Ulster Division UVF who fought and died for this Nation. Unlike the latrine brigade we dont sing about a bunch of gangsters who murder women and children. This is just taig propaganda used to make their songs about blowing up this country some what acceptable to some.

In 1912 a home rule bill England would impose

And so Lord Carson he did raise an army to oppose

And off to France our boys we're sent and Carson he did say

Go take our Sons and tell the h*** that we are on our way

And were comin' Were comin' We are coming down the road

We're the volunteers of the UVF and we're coming down the road.

The song is about the 36th Ulster Division, a regiment in the British Army who sacrificed 5,500 men at the Somme to defend our liberties liberties abused by the scum across the city, the song is about heroes, not terrorists. Read a book on the subject or something, you dont know what your talking about, dont run about saying UDA and other paramilitary songs are sung at Ibrox when they arent. If we were to sing UDA all the way or Quis Separabit there would be a media uproar.

Stop singing about the brave people who defended our lands and were first over the top at the Somme?

Singing about the original UVF reminds people f the sacrifices they gave as volunteers to defend Britain.

Ill still be singing it, there's absolutely no comparison between the 36th and the IRA who murdered innocent men, women and children to further their cause and have always been a terrorist organisation.

Seriously???

Why dont we sing about the Royal Scots or Gordon Highlanders or the Black Watch? They did the same,brave job but cos they dont come from Ulster it doesnt fit our political agenda.

Total hypocrisy, decrying the mhank fucks for constantly pining for another land.

Fuck,I have to listen to our people starting a song with "I am a loyal Ulsterman" when they clearly are not..............it's absurd!

There are thousands of Ulster-Scots in our support, Rangers is a British club, the songs arent about another country. How does celebrating people who volunteered to die for us mean we have a political agenda? If you want to sing about the Royal Scots then feel free, no one will complain, unlike at parkhead where you'd probably be attacked. Shameful how some are comparing us and our songs to the vhermin from across town. Despicable.

There are thousands of Ulster-Scots in our support, Rangers is a British club, the songs arent about another country. How does celebrating people who volunteered to die for us mean we have a political agenda? If you want to sing about the Royal Scots then feel free, no one will complain, unlike at parkhead where you'd probably be attacked. Shameful how some are comparing us and our songs to the vhermin from across town. Despicable.

Unlike so many on here,I couldn't give a flying fuck what the Orcs do,sing,think.They are sub-human trash that have NOTHING to do with me or my team.

Your point about Ulster-Scots is taken but the focus on them is,proportionally,out of synch.

If only we had the same acknowledgment of our Scottishness!

Seriously???

Why dont we sing about the Royal Scots or Gordon Highlanders or the Black Watch? They did the same,brave job but cos they dont come from Ulster it doesnt fit our political agenda.

Total hypocrisy, decrying the mhank fucks for constantly pining for another land.

Fuck,I have to listen to our people starting a song with "I am a loyal Ulsterman" when they clearly are not..............it's absurd!

I would never take anything away from the royal Scots, highlanders or black watches sacrifices and bravery.

All men who fell in defence of our country have my utmost respect and gratitude.

So what's wrong with singing about the 36th?

The 36th Ulster Division is synonymous with Loyalists and songs about them have obviously found it easier to get into our songbook. There's nothing at all wrong with it IMO.

Don't see why not singing about Scots, English or Welsh regiments means we must not sing about the UVF.

I would never take anything away from the royal Scots, highlanders or black watches sacrifices and bravery.

All men who fell in defence of our country have my utmost respect and gratitude.

So what's wrong with singing about the 36th?

The 36th Ulster Division is synonymous with Loyalists and songs about them have obviously found it easier to get into our songbook. There's nothing at all wrong with it IMO.

Don't see why not singing about Scots, English or Welsh regiments means we must not sing about the UVF.

I'm Scottish.I'd rather sing about our soldiers' bravery on the battlefield............that's all.

After all ,my dad fought in a Scots regiment.

And before the ubers start...........I'm taking nothing away from Ulster,English,Welsh,Canadian,Yank,Gurkha( or any other nations) regiments that fought for our freedom.

I'm Scottish.I'd rather sing about our soldiers' bravery on the battlefield............that's all.

After all ,my dad fought in a Scots regiment.

And before the ubers start...........I'm taking nothing away from Ulster,English,Welsh,Canadian,Yank,Gurkha( or any other nations) regiments that fought for our freedom.

I don't dispute that at all. I have friends current serving with Scots regiments and am immensely proud of them.

Still does not make singing about the 36th wrong though.