Be glad Vlad’s gone

Wallace message to his Jambo pals

wallace_1772811a.jpg

ALWAYS IN MY HEART ... new Gers star Lee Wallace

By DAVID FRIEL

Published: 27th July 2013

GOOD riddance to Vlad the Imposter.

Rangers star Lee Wallace is fully focused on life at Ibrox these days.

But part of his Heart will always remain at Tynecastle after spending eight years with the Jambos.

Wallace went through a painful administration at Ibrox last year and expressed his sadness at the current plight of his crisis-hit former club.

Hearts were hit with a 15-point deduction following their own slide into administration and now face a battle to avoid relegation.

But Wallace believes the short-term pain will be GOOD for Hearts — because Vladimir Romanov is now off the scene.

And the full-back lifted the lid on the fears of the Tynecastle stars during the former owner’s damaging regime.

Wallace. 25, said: “I am more sad than angry about what has happened at Hearts.

“They were my first club and I have a lot of good memories from my time there.

“So it was sad to learn about the redundancies.

“I was worried for certain players and guys in and around the background of the club.

“It is not the best of situations and I can relate to it closely because I went through the same thing at Rangers.

“At the time, I just focused on the football stuff throughout and, as hard as it was, felt that was the best way.

“So much can be out of the players’ and manager’s control and they just have to focus on the football.”

Wallace admits he always felt the Jambos could end up deep in financial trouble.

He said: “There were certainly cases higher up at Hearts, outwith our control, that raised eyebrows during my time there — there were questions being asked about the running of the club back then.

“You always had a concern as a player that things weren’t quite right with the guys at the top.

“Things weren’t quite as comfortable as you might have wanted as a player.

“It was clear from the outside that the people at the top weren’t quite bang-on with how they were doing it.

“You just get on with it as players, but it has obviously now come back to haunt Hearts now.

“But I think it will be hugely beneficial that Hearts are in that situation now.

“Guys will be coming in to take the club forward and do things properly.

“The former owners have moved on and the guys in charge of the club now should certainly get them back up and running as a good football side.

“I hope the off-field stuff will get sorted there sooner rather than later.

“I think they will do well when it has been sorted and come out stronger as a club.

“They have a massive challenge on their hands, but I’m sure they’ll do fine.”

Hearts gaffer Gary Locke faces the daunting task of clawing back that 15-point deficit this season.

But Wallace insists the Jambos WILL avoid the drop — and claims the last thing he wants is to meet his old club in the 2014/15 Championship.

He said: “I think Hearts will stay up because they are a great club and they’ve got some good players there, particularly in the youth department.

“Everyone on the coaching staff will get the very best out of the guys there.

“I keep in touch with a lot of old friends there and I hope they can stay in the Premiership for years to come.

“The old Hearts boys at Rangers — Ian Black, David Templeton and I — have spoken about the chances of playing against them in the Championship.

“It goes without saying that we want to get to that division, but I think everyone in Scottish football wants to see Hearts staying up this season.

“A top league without Rangers and Hearts certainly wouldn’t be too great.

“Scottish football is crying out for the Old Firm game — that is clear to see. If Hearts were to go down, you’d be missing the Edinburgh derby as well. There’s six, seven, eight huge games a season just gone.

“That wouldn’t be ideal for Scottish football as it tries to move forward and improve things for the nation as a whole.

“That is the worst-case scenario, though, and I just hope it doesn’t happen.

“I believe Hearts can finish strongly should they manage to overcome this 15-point deficit early in the season.

“Gary Locke will do tremendously there. He’s got Billy Brown and John Robertson to help him and there is no-one better than Darren Murray at youth level.

“Things are still promising for Hearts in terms of youth because they’ve got some fantastic players.”

Wallace will keep an eye on Hearts throughout the season — but his main concern is Rangers.

He has been boosted by the EIGHT new arrivals in Ally McCoist’s squad — and believes the new-look Gers will be a force in Scottish football.

Wallace said: “It has given the place a lift to have the new guys in and we are delighted to have them on board.

“There will be a certain falseness to things at the start to the campaign with regards to who can actually play as trialists.

“But we’ll have a right strong squad when everyone is ready and eligible to play.

“We have a good balance and we’ve brought in guys who have a lot of SPL experience and who did really well with their clubs last season.

“That experience and quality is a good mixture.

“Combined with what we’ve already got and the promise of youth, we are going in the right direction.”

Wallace added: “I think the strengths of the new signings have already been evident.

“I’m sure they will be a real plus point for us this season.”

Sorry Lee but hope they burn and die.

You reap what you sew.

When we where lying wounded and vulnerable, Hearts where the first club to stick the boot in. They deserve everything they get, the only ones I feel sorry for are the everyday people who worked in the ticket offices etc.

Having been with them for so long, I would expect him to be supportive of them when they are struggling. Personally I don't really care, but don't mind him saying what he's said.

Me neither, he was probably asked the question, he's hardly going to 'no comment' reply when he was there from a young lad.

For a start he doesn't say his heart will always be at Tynecastle that's added by the journo and if he cares about his old club that's a positive for me, we all complained about the traitors who left us pretending to be bears then not giving a shit after they left well here's a man who left his old club in the right way getting them a good fee and he still cares about them the kind of loyalty we demand from our players but I have no doubt Lee is a Ranger first and foremost now.

One thing that I remember well about Hearts is in our second Ibrox game in admin, we played Hearts, Jamie Hammill scored a penalty, ran towards the away fans corner, but didn't go to the away fans, he celebrated in front of GF1, in a get it up you sort of way, I think Black did the same with his celebration. Fuck Hearts.

So lees not allowed to express an opinion on his former club? He has never appeared anything less than committed to rangers so lets get a bit of perspective...

Of course he is. And for a professional footballer and ex Jambo, it's fair comment.

However I also have an opinion. And it's about as far removed from Lee's as possible ( agree about concerns for folk losing jobs).

And it seems a decent discussion to have so thought fair to post

iIts not so much of what they say anout other clubs. but you never hear them say it about Rangers, everybody connected with football and the media hasn't a nice word for Rangers, that includes former Rangers players especially the ones in the media. We are Scottish football but are treated like lepers , why couldn't,t Lee say words of comfort for Rangers in the article, giving us a bit of support, no he choose to back Hearts as victims of a tyrant and leave us looking guilty while earning money from us, maybe he should go back to Hesrts and play for nothing. It sickens me after not being guilty of any crime, still no apologies or elevated to our rightful place in Scottisf football, we even had Souness pronouncing us guilty at the start of the new league to further hammer home the fact that we are only here to provide them all with easy money.

Think we will meet them next year, there is no way they will overturn the minus 15 points, they have a bare squad and no funds to pay the players they have never mind add to.

Think they could be appearing in the bottom league rather than the Championship next season. Don't know where they'll play though if ground turned into flats.

iIts not so much of what they say anout other clubs. but you never hear them say it about Rangers, everybody connected with football and the media hasn't a nice word for Rangers, that includes former Rangers players especially the ones in the media. We are Scottish football but are treated like lepers , why couldn't,t Lee say words of comfort for Rangers in the article, giving us a bit of support, no he choose to back Hearts as victims of a tyrant and leave us looking guilty while earning money from us, maybe he should go back to Hesrts and play for nothing. It sickens me after not being guilty of any crime, still no apologies or elevated to our rightful place in Scottisf football, we even had Souness pronouncing us guilty at the start of the new league to further hammer home the fact that we are only here to provide them all with easy money.

It is an article about hearts not about Rangers.

Of course he will say positive things about them. He was there for a long time, and would make for a pretty pure human being to then put the boot into the club that made him.

He doesn't need to say words of comfort for Rangers fans as we are on our way back, the worst is over. Lee Wallace stayed when others abandoned the club. That is comfort enough for me.

Lee is sad about the redundancies...................yet makes no comment about them signing that rat wilson within a matter of hours after players and staff losing their livelihoods.

One wonders where that tosspot wishart is in the press about this............nowhere to be seen the runt.

Think they could be appearing in the bottom league rather than the Championship next season. Don't know where they'll play though if ground turned into flats.

Probably retail Bud.

Did he?

Some Rangers fans really are easy to irritate these days. Best idea might be for any Rangers player or former Rangers player is to write down anything they intend to say, send it to a fans group for scrutiny, editing and approval and then read it out. And don't answer off the cuff questions by the media, in case you get the answer wrong, having not had the chance to think fully before giving the answer.

Did he?

Some Rangers fans really are easy to irritate these days. Best idea might be for any Rangers player or former Rangers player is to write down anything they intend to say, send it to a fans group for scrutiny, editing and approval and then read it out. And don't answer off the cuff questions by the media, in case you get the answer wrong, having not had the chance to think fully before giving the answer.

or when being interviewed because your a rangers player you could stick to talking about rangers. Or maybe just maybe they could keep the very vocal thoughts of the fans who pay their wages at the forefront of their thoughts when being interviewed as a representative of rangers.

or when being interviewed because your a rangers player you could stick to talking about rangers. Or maybe just maybe they could keep the very vocal thoughts of the fans who pay their wages at the forefront of their thoughts when being interviewed as a representative of rangers.

Of course you shouldn't have to stick to talking to Rangers. Especially if the subject is your former club. Bet you don't mind hearing Nacho or whoever else talking about Rangers plight.

What you just wrote sounds like the mhanks way of doing things to me. Take them aside at the start and tell them what the party line is, a few choice phrases that the support likes to hear. That's what they always seem to do, and your post is in a similar vein.

Being a representative of Rangers shouldn't turn you into an automaton. He wasn't offensive towards the Rangers support albeit you might disagree with his view. But then we never played for Hearts, so our views on the situation will be different from his.

Relax man.

Anyone who seriously has a problem with him talking about Hearts is pretty sad.

Only thing that stood out for me is, he mentions sorrow about people losing their livelihoods, but fails to mention the fact that they sign guy who no doubt will be their highest earner