Nicky Law

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wee stocky bald guys always look as intimidating as fuck. Probably the skull/death association. We should always have a wee stocky bald guy in the middle of the park. Either that or a bouncy haired ginger (a la McCall). Same effect. Or better yet, one of each would be horrific to face.

Fits right into the squad, was all over the park in the first half. 2 great goals, second was a fucking peach, hope to see more of the same this season.

On another note, will his goals count on his season tally since he is a trialist?

I was impressed with him yesterday. Obviously the standard of player he was up against isn't the best basis for comparison, but you can tell that he's a player.

He always seemed to be on the move: working hard looking to create an option to receive a pass or driving forward after playing a pass.

Impressive "debut" for sure.

Fits right into the squad, was all over the park in the first half. 2 great goals, second was a fucking peach, hope to see more of the same this season.

On another note, will his goals count on his season tally since he is a trialist?

Not sure how that works, as he is classified as a trialist until September.

Professional footballs are never fans the way we all are.

That's not true of everyone

But a lot of people when they turn pro thier boyhood heroes do get put to the back of their head whilst on the park

You know more than most what I'm getting at you said yourself your taig mates from Ireland said he will get slapped etc as he's a traitor

I don't want anyone that's been brought up in 80s Republic Of Ireland playing for us as its more than likely they have been tought to hate everything our club and country stands for

I will never change my mind on this, no one will make me

I'm just amazed people care so much about my opinion on this

Ill take it as a compliment and flattery

That's not true of everyone

But a lot of people when they turn pro thier boyhood heroes do get put to the back of their head whilst on the park

You know more than most what I'm getting at you said yourself your taig mates from Ireland said he will get slapped etc as he's a traitor

I don't want anyone that's been brought up in 80s Republic Of Ireland playing for us as its more than likely they have been tought to hate everything our club and country stands for

I will never change my mind on this, no one will make me

I'm just amazed people care so much about my opinion on this

Ill take it as a compliment and flattery

I see no evidence that this is true of Jon Daly, the fact that he's signed for us would suggest that it isn't. It doesn't really matter anyway, football is his job and we offered him the best terms so as long as he gives 100% then that'll be more than good enough for most.

The best way to describe him is he looked like a top level player playing against part timers yesterday something that last season wasnt evident in many of our players. He and Wallace just looked a level above everyone else on the park. Great signing...

This... Spot on mate. Summed up last year and Law perfectly. (tu)

I see no evidence that this is true of Jon Daly, the fact that he's signed for us would suggest that it isn't. It doesn't really matter anyway, football is his job and we offered him the best terms so as long as he gives 100% then that'll be more than good enough for most.

Fair enough. I'd rather have not took the chance as IMO there's a good chance at some point he could have had that outlook.

But as I said earlier I don't have to be happy about it, but I'm sorta over it. He's a Rangers player now. Don't have to like where he came from and what he might have been into growing up - if he does well on the park I'll be happy. We are paying him and he's under contract, no reason why me or anyone else would want him to fail.

Can he play against Brechin? I'm not up to speed with the rules about trialists.

Aye, he can.

It's only the ones who were playing outside of Scotland that can't feature as trialists.

However, and I could be wrong, I think they can only play a maximum of 3 times as a trialist? so after Forfar this weekend, then Brechin, he's out till Sept 1st?

Aye, he can.

It's only the ones who were playing outside of Scotland that can't feature as trialists.

However, and I could be wrong, I think they can only play a maximum of 3 times as a trialist? so after Forfar this weekend, then Brechin, he's out till Sept 1st?

Is that not just league games?

Aye, he can.

None of the new signings can play against Forfar mate

Aye, he can.

I don't think trialists can play in the League Cup? Brechin is the first game I'll be going to so I'm looking forward to seeing him in the flesh.