how long into the season before we can judge Ally?

Dan Deacon

This is not me having a go at him at all by the way.

Just with the slagging he took on here last season at times and the ttypical response in defense of him was, its not fair to judge due to the saga last summer.

I'm keen to see how long people are willing to give him this year. After a decent pre season and strong show yesterday thinks are looking promising, however I'm sure a couple of poor results or perhaps performances will change the mood of many.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not me having a go at him at all by the way.

Just with the slagging he took on here last season at times and the ttypical response in defense of him was, its not fair to judge due to the saga last summer.

I'm keen to see how long people are willing to give him this year. After a decent pre season and strong show yesterday thinks are looking promising, however I'm sure a couple of poor results or perhaps performances will change the mood of many.

A single draw will have the haters flocking back and putting the boot in- he won't get the grace of one or two defeats.

7 games and if the football is not to the standard I expect, remove him.

Standard of football or results mate? Say we win 7 scrappy 1-0 games would you still be keen for for him to go?

Would you expect him to leave or board to make the decision

Standard of football or results mate? Say we win 7 scrappy 1-0 games would you still be keen for for him to go?

Would you expect him to leave or board to make the decision

Standard of football I'm looking for Bud, has been lacking under him , if we can manage that the results will come and winning scrappy games 1-0 should be enough to call a halt.

As for him walking away don't think he would do that and I would find it difficult for the Board with Walter on it to get rid of him, I have never been one for him getting the job in the first place, but for the sake of the team I hope he can get it right.........if he can't get a team playing really good football in the divisions we are going to be in then..............doesn't look good for the future.

I didn't think we would lose to anyone last season in the 3rd, I've no doubt we will lose the odd game in the 2nd too. Ally will get stick when it happens and rightly so because quite frankly it shouldn't be happening. At the end of the day though we will cruise the League and move on and upwards.

I didn't think we would lose to anyone last season in the 3rd, I've no doubt we will lose the odd game in the 2nd too. Ally will get stick when it happens and rightly so because quite frankly it shouldn't be happening. At the end of the day though we will cruise the League and move on and upwards.

Good points, it's about the brand of football he has to produce.

We should be beating Albion Rover 15 nil, sack him now, while we are at it little missed a few sitters get him sacked too, Daly never scored on his debut sack him, this is what we need zero tolerance.

You are a tad harsh Bud. But can appreciate as from where you are coming from (tu)

Surely we will have to wait until all the players are avaliable, and give him at least september to see how they go, by which time they will be flying or struggling. Cause the side that plays in sept will have no resemblence to the side that plays before that.

Surely we will have to wait until all the players are avaliable, and give him at least september to see how they go, by which time they will be flying or struggling. Cause the side that plays in sept will have no resemblence to the side that plays before that.

Are you joking we need instant gratification, Mohsni, Peralta, Foster and Smith they can't even play, sack em now.

Are you joking we need instant gratification, Mohsni, Peralta, Foster and Smith they can't even play, sack em now.

Bloody hell man, don't be like that towards these players, the Manager should have known they couldn't play just now................yet another mistake from him.

Standard of football I'm looking for Bud, has been lacking under him , if we can manage that the results will come and winning scrappy games 1-0 should be enough to call a halt.

As for him walking away don't think he would do that and I would find it difficult for the Board with Walter on it to get rid of him, I have never been one for him getting the job in the first place, but for the sake of the team I hope he can get it right.........if he can't get a team playing really good football in the divisions we are going to be in then..............doesn't look good for the future.

fair comments mate.

Who would want in charge both now if he left and before he was appointed in the first place.

]

fair comments mate.

Who would want in charge both now if he left and before he was appointed in the first place.

]

That's a hard one Bud, when the mistake was made to appoint him the full extent of our woes had not surfaced so the choice would have been greater...................if/when he leaves we have to get someone with experience and they would be queuing up if his salary is spot on.

Like those cunts over the city that shit of a man would be well away from there if our troubles hadn't happened.

Let the haters bring their dispiriting, negative nonsense - as they surely will - but McCoist will lead us to promotion again and so he's going nowhere thankfully.

That's unfair and out of order

There are some who were pretty much against Ally from the off which was a bit premature maybe, tho they well have just been good readers of the game.

Since then, results have seen more folk move from the pro Ally side.

That is not to say they are anti him tho

As the season went on, more and more folk lost faith in him

He romped the 3rd, tho with odd results, but was hopeless in cups.

This season we still have a much better, more expensive and better equipped squad than anyone else in league one, so no excuses for not winning it.

The squad is improved so expect better play and results in the cup games. We don't demand we win them, just that we give a good account of ourselves.

I doubt there are any Ally haters in the gets support. A growing number may want him replaced but not out of hate. I'm sure they would rather see him succeed.

Ally has NO excuses this time round tho, so if we don't see decent football and decent results the pressure will quickly mount.

A lot of fans excused the past results for various reasons. They would now be forced to confront it may be Ally that is the problem.

I hope we don't have any problems with Ally this season. I certainly have doubts about his managerial ability but I hope he proves me totally wrong.

However, like most, a bad run of results and poor football will see us wanting him replaced.

How long that takes is down to results.

I hope it is never.

That's unfair and out of order

There are some who were pretty much against Ally from the off which was a bit premature maybe, tho they well have just been good readers of the game.

Since then, results have seen more folk move from the pro Ally side.

That is not to say they are anti him tho

As the season went on, more and more folk lost faith in him

He romped the 3rd, tho with odd results, but was hopeless in cups.

This season we still have a much better, more expensive and better equipped squad than anyone else in league one, so no excuses for not winning it.

The squad is improved so expect better play and results in the cup games. We don't demand we win them, just that we give a good account of ourselves.

I doubt there are any Ally haters in the gets support. A growing number may want him replaced but not out of hate. I'm sure they would rather see him succeed.

Ally has NO excuses this time round tho, so if we don't see decent football and decent results the pressure will quickly mount.

A lot of fans excused the past results for various reasons. They would now be forced to confront it may be Ally that is the problem.

I hope we don't have any problems with Ally this season. I certainly have doubts about his managerial ability but I hope he proves me totally wrong.

However, like most, a bad run of results and poor football will see us wanting him replaced.

How long that takes is down to results.

I hope it is never.

Really good post (tu)

I think realistically you give him until the turn of the year. Gives the new signings the chance to bed in and by that point we will have played some difficult games where he might be required to change things (which is my biggest question mark over his attributes). If the standard of play and style reverts to that of last seasons then a change would be for the best....HOWEVER I do remain hopeful that it will never come to that and Ally will grow and improve as the team do....This has been a very encouraging off-season and yesterday was a very positive start, long may it continue....

I think realistically you give him until the turn of the year. Gives the new signings the chance to bed in and by that point we will have played some difficult games where he might be required to change things (which is my biggest question mark over his attributes). If the standard of play and style reverts to that of last seasons then a change would be for the best....HOWEVER I do remain hopeful that it will never come to that and Ally will grow and improve as the team do....This has been a very encouraging off-season and yesterday was a very positive start, long may it continue....

That lack of skill in knowing how to change things is his biggest weakness.