Green on the way back ?

bawsburst

Green’s Return Imminent?

Posted on August 1, 2013 by billmcmurdo

Charles Green is locked in talks with the Rangers board concerning his return to the club.

Green is concerned about spiralling costs at the club, including board costs of £1.2 million, back room staff of £3 million and player salaries of £7 million. Other investors share his concerns and are backing his return to the Ibrox boardroom.

My understanding is that certain people are working furiously in the background to try and prevent Green’s return by attempting to acquire 29.9% of the club for 35p per share. Given that Green’s consortium still own 51% and are determined not to sell for less than £1.00, it doesn’t look like they will succeed.

One institution – Hargreave Hale it is believed – may sell for not less than 50p but it is highly improbable that the this group will stretch to that.

I am told that one or two board members are trying to block Green’s return to the club but I expect that it will happen regardless.

More to follow when available…

UPDATE

The original blog piece posted earlier named Douglas Park as a member of the group trying to purchase Rangers shares.

This is not the case. Douglas Park is not actively involved in the purchase of Rangers shares and I am happy to correct that and apologise for the incorrect info.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Please please please stop posting the shit that comes out of bill mcmurdos mouth on here....he is a joke and he doesn't deserve any discussion on here....he is an embarrassment who has constantly published lie after lie and his "source" has proved time and again to be full of shit!

Please please please stop posting the shit that comes out of bill mcmurdos mouth on here....he is a joke and he doesn't deserve any discussion on here....he is an embarrassment who has constantly published lie after lie and his "source" has proved time and again to be full of shit!

You are going to wiping a fair amount of egg.

Green may or may not come back (I doubt it myself) but to be fair to scarkev, Bill's source hasn't been all that reliable lately. Even today he's had to change his blog less than an hour after publishing it.

As for Green's shares being available for £1, I'm not so sure about that given someone has supposedly been trying to hawk over 6 million shares for a fair whack less in recent weeks. May or may not be Green's (how many is he selling to Laxey and/or Easdale?) or Ahmad's but given recent trades have been at around the 40-45p mark, even 50p seems unlikely.

Bill is right in that there's no doubt people are interested in buying the club. Indeed, there may be more than one or two consortiums who fancy the challenge. But only at less than 35p and even then they may prefer to wait until the IPO money is all but gone before buying. Meanwhile I think Green and Ahmad would rather be long gone before the financials are available.

As always, we can only wait and see as we're not going to be able to affect any of this.

Green may or may not come back (I doubt it myself) but to be fair to scarekev, Bill's source hasn't been all that reliable lately. Even today he's had to change his blog less than an hour after publishing it.

As for Green's shares being available for £1, I'm not so sure about that given someone has supposedly been trying to hawk over 6 million shares for a fair whack less in recent weeks. May or may not be Green's (how many is he selling to Laxey and/or Easdale?) or Ahmad's but given recent trades have been at around the 40-45p mark, even 50p seems unlikely.

Bill is right in that there's no doubt people are interested in buying the club. Indeed, there may be more than one or two consortiums who fancy the challenge. But only at less than 35p and even then they may prefer to wait until the IPO money is all but gone before buying. Meanwhile I think Green and Ahmad would rather be long gone before the financials are available.

As always, we can only wait and see as we're not going to be able to affect any of this.

As I posted weeks ago my Yorkshire kin are more than certain that Charlie will return, as far as I know none of them know McMurdo.

Get over it Green is not returning. Lets move on.

I think green has done what he's done and did it well, but I suspect all this is just manuvouering to increase the share price.

Is that not the way the 'market' works?

Bullshitting and posturing.

i wish but really can't see it happening. The one point of my life where i really felt apart of Rangers and knew what was going on was when Green was there, now though back to the same old not knowing what the hells going on. Just expect our fans to turn up and continually praise us to keep us quiet as they try to run OUR club without even a squeak of whats going on.

As I posted weeks ago my Yorkshire kin are more than certain that Charlie will return, as far as I know none of them know McMurdo.

Like I say they may be right, they may be wrong. But I don't see what CG gains from coming back. He's done his time, made plenty of dosh and clearly many fans will thank him for his part in saving our football club.

And if he did want to come back, what's stopping him if his group own over 50% of the club?

I'd be quite hapy to see him back.

Im sure smith and mccoist wouldn't.

Lets get the combined wage bill down to £6mill

A £250k manager who will want pass and move.

A board that will stick up for the club.

No more dignified silence and building bridge shite.

Would do for me.

No I think you are getting mixed up with myself and "bullshit" bill.....as soon as you start believing this proven fantasist you are leaving yourself open to disappointment!

Green will NOT return....he said as much himself on talksport....he has done his job and has been paid handsomely for that...it's time for us to move on and bills constant Pish is purely divisive!

Like I say they may be right, they may be wrong. But I don't see what CG gains from coming back. He's done his time, made plenty of dosh and clearly many fans will thank him for his part in saving our football club.

And if he did want to come back, what's stopping him if his group own over 50% of the club?

Nothing is stopping him, it will be his choice of timing and then the fireworks and cost cutting will really start.

Nothing is stopping him, it will be his choice of timing and then the fireworks and cost cutting will really start.

Is that the same fireworks and cost-cutting we seen last summer?

We'll see what happens but, like I say, I don't see what Green has to gain from returning to the board unless he wants a wage again. After all, he can pull the strings from afar easily enough if he really wants to invoke positive change.

ii__1299746670_50-puppet-strings.gif?access=280T096T840

Green’s Return Imminent?

Posted on August 1, 2013 by billmcmurdo

Charles Green is locked in talks with the Rangers board concerning his return to the club.

Green is concerned about spiralling costs at the club, including board costs of £1.2 million, back room staff of £3 million and player salaries of £7 million. Other investors share his concerns and are backing his return to the Ibrox boardroom.

My understanding is that certain people are working furiously in the background to try and prevent Green’s return by attempting to acquire 29.9% of the club for 35p per share. Given that Green’s consortium still own 51% and are determined not to sell for less than £1.00, it doesn’t look like they will succeed.

One institution – Hargreave Hale it is believed – may sell for not less than 50p but it is highly improbable that the this group will stretch to that.

I am told that one or two board members are trying to block Green’s return to the club but I expect that it will happen regardless.

More to follow when available…

UPDATE

The original blog piece posted earlier named Douglas Park as a member of the group trying to purchase Rangers shares.

This is not the case. Douglas Park is not actively involved in the purchase of Rangers shares and I am happy to correct that and apologise for the incorrect info.

We'll see what happens but, like I say, I don't see what Green has to gain from returning to the board unless he wants a wage again. After all, he can pull the strings from afar easily enough if he really wants to invoke positive change.

It will just be another fantasy Bill has conjured up in his head, blogging it attempting to persuade the minds of readers he has 'sources' who won't be wrong 'this time'.

Sick of hearing his complete made up hokum, time and time again his 'sources' have let him down, when are they going to actually spin him a story that has substance?

You mean like questioning the worth of the coaching staff and their wages to input ?

The best fairy store all begin with Once upon a time, why would Green wish to return, what`s preventing Green`s return, and I believe our biggest individual expenditure regarding salary and cost was in fact Green. Just who does this type of blog benefit certainly not the club at the beginning of a new season

So McMurdo posts a blog about Park and others looking to buy the club.

Within an hour he obviously gets told to get it changed as his info was pish.

So instead of just taking the blog off, he just changes it to "certain people".

How can anybody believe a word of that blog when the main focus of the story was wrong. That clearly means the whole story is wrong. McMurdo should withdraw this blog in full.