Your Thoughts On Why Charles Came Back.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim McColl reminds me of the Brian character in Life of Brian.

We all so hope for a Rangers Messiah to save us all but in the absence of one we put all our hopes in someone who at this stage clearly just wants to be seen as anything but that.

We have created the myth and perhaps cult of Jim McColl because we do not want to face up to the reality that no one of blue blooded stock is going to save us.

Yep ED. It seems to have been forgotten that when CG took over he invited anyone, even those vying for Rangers at the same time, to come and join him and invest in Rangers. Why didn't they join him at that time , play a part in the rebuild of Rangers , and be more united instead of this mess ?

===

because he is a liar

are you folk not getting this yet?

I find his return very confusing.

The official reason is apparently the institutional investors wanted him there to keep an eye on things and yet it seems that the parties wishing the EGM have the backing of institutional investors.

He was also brought back on £1000 a month consultancy role and yet instead of being silent as most consultants are, he gives THAT interview and manages to destabilise things again.

There is a lot going on here that we are not getting told.

I am keeping an open mind on it, however I think it would have been better for everyone if he had stayed away.

Jim McColl reminds me of the Brian character in Life of Brian.

We all so hope for a Rangers Messiah to save us all but in the absence of one we put all our hopes in someone who at this stage clearly just wants to be seen as anything but that.

We have created the myth and perhaps cult of Jim McColl because we do not want to face up to the reality that no one of blue blooded stock is going to save us.

I think a few people would share that thought Bud.

Yep ED. It seems to have been forgotten that when CG took over he invited anyone, even those vying for Rangers at the same time, to come and join him and invest in Rangers. Why didn't they join him at that time , play a part in the rebuild of Rangers , and be more united instead of this mess ?

===

because he is a liar

===

because he is a liar

Can you give proof of him lying?

When Charles Green came in to save us and said not 1 person will have total control I thought it would be a good thing, Just seems to have created more division and shit stirring.

We need to get published accounts out.

Only then can we make a decision on how the current board are performing or not.

Unfortunately until this happens the speculation will just continue.

I think the basic question in the OP is why did CG come back? My interpretation is:

• He'd retired out of sight and out of all public communications and was letting the Club get on with its aim of stabalising under WS as Chair and with CM learning the CEO ropes.
  • Then - as CM apparently put it on Thurs evening - he went home on Weds evening and all in the Boardroom was well.
  • But on Thursday morning he gets formal notification from Murray that Murray demands a General Meeting with the sole public agenda of sacking CM, Brian Stockbridge and a NED.
  • The Board consult? Only 3 options. 1 - Murray withdraws his GM request (unlikely at that stage); 2 - a GM is resisted on basis of no grounds to agree to it; or 3 - enough grounds exist for GM to be convened and if they want to keep their jobs they will need to fight for them by doing the rounds of investors who will vote.
  • WS is out of his depth on these matters - no way is he experienced at doing the rounds of mustering investor support. CM is not a heavyweight in that arena - he did not put the consortium together, or oganise and mange the IPO. BS as FD is experienced but that leaves it mostly on his shoulders. Answer - call in the heavyweight experienced big hitter who knows the investors and can front up to the Murray camp convincingly. Yes, there are financial brokers who could help but when in comes to the bit there needs to be a clear and market-credible leader.
  • The Board (or was it just CM - nobody seems to know) appoints CG as a financial consultant.
  • WS resigns as all of this is out of his depth and he thinks the whole Board performance is dysfunctional. Ironic since he'd chaired they Board since the last Chair left some months ago. But he was right about being out of his depth in these matters.
  • Did anyone at Ibrox put CG on a consultancy contract with a condition about what he could and could not speak to the media about? Who knows but off CG went to speak to STV and then to start the defence by saying if Murray / McColl want control then there is a price and its £28m by Friday. That draws the Murray / McColl camp right out and the battle lines for control start to be drawn.
  • Saturday madness then happens with the downright disgraceful result against Forfar, the CG comments before the game and the AMcC comments about Green after the game.
  • Board now caught like rabbits in headlights. No public statements telling CG and AMcC to get in line and stick to their own subjects. Media having a field day. Then announcement of meeting at Ibrox on Thursday where,.....
  • CM and BS make it clear (to my interpretation) that they are now distancing themselves from CG - disappointed McColl / Murray did not pick up the phone first to discuss their concerns - looking to strengthen the Board - CM to speak to McColl - Board to review CG's consultancy contract.
  • So........if CM and BS and Board are looking to do a deal with Murray to get the GM off the table and keep their jobs and include Murray and Blin on the Board there would be no need for a battle of investors lining up to support the CM/BS camp as advised by consultant Green vs the Murray / Blin camp. And in doing so remove the controversy of a GM and re-establish the path to stability. In which case no need for CG to be retained as a consultant.

So........why did he come back? Because he was asked to. His consortium put its money where its mouth was and won last year. The other bidders had the chance to do so and failed to win. He stepped aside when the controversy of links with Whyte and his ill-judged comments erupted. Exonerated by the Pinsents / Deloitte forensic review. But no apology given by the Board and no invite back as a Director. He had retired to the background as a major shareholder having been paid for his janitorial 'clean up Rangers' services for which he now seems to get only scant and grudging recognition in many quarters. He was asked to come and help a wee laddie who is still learning the CEO ropes and then when the Board eventually recognised that it might be neater to simply do a deal with the de-stabalising Murray camp than to do battle with them they changed their minds on CG and it seems to me he will be no longer required as a financial consultant.

He can retire back to France to write the latest chapter of his book on how Rangers asked him to come back and help again except that the dysfunctional Board didn't really mean it.

I find his return very confusing.

The official reason is apparently the institutional investors wanted him there to keep an eye on things and yet it seems that the parties wishing the EGM have the backing of institutional investors.

He was also brought back on £1000 a month consultancy role and yet instead of being silent as most consultants are, he gives THAT interview and manages to destabilise things again.

There is a lot going on here that we are not getting told.

I am keeping an open mind on it, however I think it would have been better for everyone if he had stayed away.

Very good post BNB as I have said previously we the fans of the Club are feed tit bits that mean heehaw and I would put that set up of a meeting a few days ago.

Big Al the thread title tried to say, give an opinion as opposed to snyde name calling!

Will ask you are a question name the people who are coming in to replace CG and his people?

Apologies, continued from last night.

Regarding your thread I feel the first step is to get some quality onto the board.

I don't think it's about replacing Green with regards to ownership, he owns 8% remember.

Utimaty the majority of shareholders will decide.

===

because he is a liar

I heard him on national TV inviting them all on board. Don't see how that's a lie.

===

because he is a liar

Actually that is King as stated by Judge Southwood.in a South African court.

Whyte sold his shares in the oldco to Green for a pound and an extra quid for some juice if you believe Charles. Why would Whyte do this?

The oldcos shares are less than worthless, whyte made good profit on those shares.

wait and Ill dig out the deal with the Dallas cowboys

I don't know what you do for a living Bud, but come monday morning business meetings all over the UK will have guys building up their deal in such away, even those very same men that we call the real Rangers men..............it's part and parcel of business, Now the person who was asked the question at Dallas Cowboys may not have been aware of any negotiations having taken place, because it will be a select few within a company involved in such a thing also it could have been the way the question was put to this oerson at Dallas Cowboys..............do you know who they(press) asked at the Cowboys.

Hello is that Dallas Cowboys....yup pardner........it's jock mcmuff here from dialy rhebel in scotland............where's that..........have you heard about a tie up with Rangers and the Cowboys, is that the Texas Rangers , oh it's not......no I haven't heard of this.............next day Dallas refute Rangers tie up.

That my friends life when selling investments as I said it will be happening all over the UK on Monday.

Did it make the news...............yes it did,did it make the papers............yes it did.

look guys give it up

Green and his team have robbed us

we were an easy and soft target

they take million from us in bonus and load fees

pay themselves infatlated wages

yet some would still say they are in it for us

fek WAKE THE FUCK UP......

They will spend what is left of OUR money and fek off in to the sun set....

why on earth are we doing this again.. when will you guys see.............the reality that is in front of your eyes...?????