Boris pandza

Pedrono1

It has gone off the boil hasn't it. Another case of a player being talked up, real interest shown and made known on a wide media basis that the Manager was interested in signing him. Everybody is on the media bug - 'a say it to the press / media and say it often enough it make it happen'.

The way I see it the Manager said often enough that he wanted to strengthen the CB area. One has been signed. None have left. So, and including the prospect of Lee McCulloch playing regularly at CB, has the objective been achieved of strengthening the CB area? Answer - goes without saying - yes and no. Got one but not got the other. Ok - in my book that means the objective is not achieved. Apparently 80% of goals lost last season were from set pieces. Our defending of corners was woeful and to an extent still is (acknowledging that Moshni is not yet playing). The nose and the tail of it is that the area that was a priority area for strengthening has not been strengthened yet. There is still time, but the player must presumably be looking to play somewhere and presumably will not hang around just to suit Rangers. Would have been better in my view if a lower key approach had been taken to trying to sign him.