What we could of done with the IPO money

Gazza82

Someone in another thread mentioned how Airdrie bought Clydebank and rebranded them and its got me thinking

We could have bought a team like Kilmarnock who are looking to sell and rebranded them to Rangers

It would mean we would still be playing in the top flight and if it was done at the start of last season we could potentially be playing European football by now

Why didn't Green or any of the board think about this? Too busy fighting among themselves IMO

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a viable option if the posters info on the other thread is correct.

Don't get me wrong I've loved most the away trips we have got to go on to grounds we wouldn't have visited normally but it doesn't compare to European football and we could potentially be playing in Europe just now

The history things irrelevant everyone would know its the same club with the same history only the twigs would go on about it and their doing that the now anyway.

Don't get me wrong I've loved most the away trips we have got to go on to grounds we wouldn't have visited normally but it doesn't compare to European football and we could potentially be playing in Europe just now

The history things irrelevant everyone would know its the same club with the same history only the twigs would go on about it and their doing that the now anyway.

Jesus-H-Christ-on-a-top-of-the-range-Halford's-mountain-bike.....

If we bought Kilmarnock, we wouldn't be the same club. We'd be a bastard offspring.

We rightly took our medicine and are now making our way back, the correct way. The Rangers way.

You're either at it or have no heart for the fight

I like how everyone shoots ideas down but no one has any better ideas

It was only a thought nothing else to be honest all these options should have been put forward at the start and the Rangers fans should have got to vote on what way they want to go forward

What's Jamie's med's?

We could have just used the company behind Kilmarnock and linked it with our club that seems as if what Airdrie has done then te Kilmarnock fans could setup a new club with the money they received similar to Clydebank that way only Kilmarnock would be the new club and they would loose what little history they have

I'm sure if we let them keep their stadium it wouldn't have cost us too much. We could potentially be debt free playing in the top flight, have a chance of be playing European football and have a lot of money in the bank is that really a bad thing?

I like how everyone shoots ideas down but no one has any better ideas

It was only a thought nothing else to be honest all these options should have been put forward at the start and the Rangers fans should have got to vote on what way they want to go forward

The 'better' idea is and always was to take our punishment like men and start from the bottom. We're doing that now (tu)

The 'better' idea is and always was to take our punishment like men and start from the bottom. We're doing that now (tu)

I know mate and to be honest I don't have a clue when it comes to the business side of things like most bears but I just can't see why we couldn't have used the company behind Kilmarnock instead of Green and co setting up a new company and starting from the bottom?

It gets us back to where we belong quicker and that way only Kilmarnock would loose their history if they reformed as a new club at the bottom?

Someone in another thread mentioned how Airdrie bought Clydebank and rebranded them and its got me thinking

We could have bought a team like Kilmarnock who are looking to sell and rebranded them to Rangers

It would mean we would still be playing in the top flight and if it was done at the start of last season we could potentially be playing European football by now

Why didn't Green or any of the board think about this? Too busy fighting among themselves IMO

You are off your head.

I know mate and to be honest I don't have a clue when it comes to the business side of things like most bears but I just can't see why we couldn't have used the company behind Kilmarnock instead of Green and co setting up a new company and starting from the bottom?

It gets us back to where we belong quicker and that way only Kilmarnock would loose their history if they reformed as a new club at the bottom?

1. We 'deserve' to be where we are.

2. It would be disgusting to just buy a club and kill them. We'd never do that in a million years as it utterly lacks class. Would suggest it would also have cost a lot more than the small sums Green bought us with

3. Why on earth do you think Killie would accept and start from the bottom? They wouldn't.

4. It's 'lose' not 'loose'

I really don't see what personal attacks add to the thread?

Yes I might not know what I'm talking about and I openly admit it but unless you do know how the business side of things works with clubs, companies ect then I don't think you have the right to sly digs without explaining further

At the end if the day we all want the same thing to get bk to where we belong as Scotland's most successful club and champions of Scotland

NS