*** RM Erskine Veterans' Ibrox Day Out - Mission Accomplished

govanblue

Sponsors_Fund_Logo_zpse6a01498.jpg

On Tuesday 20th August 2013, The RangersMedia Sponsors’ Fund (RMSF), in association with the RangersMedia Sponsors’ Fund ‘Erskine Veterans’ Lunch Sub-Fund’ (RMSFEVLSF), organised and financed the inaugural RangersMedia Erskine Veterans’ Ibrox Day Out (RMEVIDO).

But don’t worry – I won’t use any of those names or acronyms ever again (tu)

A party of six Residents from Erskine Glasgow Home (Anniesland), along with 3 carers and the minibus driver (all Bluenoses!) set off on their RM Sponsored Ibrox Day Out.

The day began at 11am with the official Ibrox Stadium Tour, conducted by club legend Tiny Gallacher.

After the 90 minute stadium tour, the party then headed round to the Argyle Restaurant where they had a table booked for a 3 course lunch where they could enjoy some fish and chips, a pint and some fantastic views of the stadium.

After lunch, the Veterans visited the Megastore, where they each had £20 to spend on whatever Rangers goodies took their fancy.

So that was that. Everything passed without incident and everybody enjoyed themselves tremendously.

There are some photos of the day below. I didn’t want to show anyone’s faces, cos you know what the Internet’s like. It’s a shame, because the expressions on the guys’ faces in these shots is priceless.

Oh, We also bought a commemorative print from the Megastore for the home a few weeks ago. I am informed that “it has pride of place in Linburn house corridor”. – They’ll send me a photo soon hopefully.

Finally, here are some quotes from my correspondence with Erskine…

“Thank you once again for this opportunity – the Residents will love it ( and I am sure the staff will too!!)”

“We actually have more residents wanting to go than spaces! The residents are really looking forward to it.”

“The guys had an absolute ball and loved every minute of it – thank you all very much and the present at the end was just the icing on the cake.”

“The guys spoke very highly of the staff at Rangers – nothing was too much bother for them and our Residents felt thoroughly pampered throughout the day.”

:thumbup:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brilliant GB (tu) another few Reps coming your way once I've got some (why do we get so few btw?) Lovely to see them but I wish we could see their faces, I doubt anybody is going to make offensive comments about them or anything.

Personally, I like all the Walters. :D

Brilliant GB (tu) another few Reps coming your way once I've got some (why do we get so few btw?) Lovely to see them but I wish we could see their faces, I doubt anybody is going to make offensive comments about them or anything.

I know mate, but I just don't want to take that chance. You know what lhurkers are like :(

Excellent GB. Hopefully we can make this an annual thing?

We still have more than 2/3 of the Lunch Fund left, and the Sponsors' Fund isn't short of a bob or two either, so I expect we will probably organise another one in a few months time.

Many of the Lunch Fund donors also expressed the view that they would happily put in again if it needed more money. (tu)

A big well done to all involved in organizing this event and for the kindness shown by everyone who donated to the fund. :clap: :clap: :clap:

GB, you’ r starting to twig my conscience as I've just checked out your Rangers Media Sponsors Fund link. :D