Are all the top tiers closed tomorrow?

GOAT

How did people get to see the game before the invention of these ILLEGAL streams???? They either went or they waited for the highlights....these streams take away from the club and the attendances....so yes I would take it away....people bitch and moan about games not being televised by rangerstv yet what's the point when fans would choose to watch an ILLEGAL stream instead of buying off the club.....

To be fair Kev a lot of people watch the steams because the game is not live on RTV in the UK its pretty frustrating that its not and I don't understand it either if it can be shown live overseas then why not here? Unless we start getting live matchs here then people will continue to stream it from whereever, we can't all get to games every week.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair Kev a lot of people watch the steams because the game is not live on RTV in the UK its pretty frustrating that its not and I don't understand it either if it can be shown live overseas then why not here? Unless we start getting live matchs here then people will continue to stream it for where ever, we can't all get to games every week.

I understand that mate and as I said above I'm sure many real fans have lots if valid reasons to utilise these streams but the problem is some will use them as a choice instead of going to the games or buying from the club (if they offer it again)....what would happen if everyone made that choice and chose to watch it on an illegal stream instead if going to the games?

Same that's why I'm stunned at Kev's outburst :lol:

:lol: you must be quite a precious wee soul if you consider anything I have posted to be an "outburst".....I gave an opinion in relation to the OP and the poor ticket sales for tomorrow night and in more general terms about the problems associated with these streams...end of...why some think its some kind of rant is beyond me!

:lol: you must be quite a precious wee soul if you consider anything I have posted to be an "outburst".....I gave an opinion in relation to the OP and the poor ticket sales for tomorrow night and in more general terms about the problems associated with these streams...end of...why some think its some kind of rant is beyond me!

Don't try and turn the tables on me ya nutter :lol: you had a mini rant and it looks like it was for fuck-all :lol:

I understand that mate and as I said above I'm sure many real fans have lots if valid reasons to utilise these streams but the problem is some will use them as a choice instead of going to the games or buying from the club (if they offer it again)....what would happen if everyone made that choice and chose to watch it on an illegal stream instead if going to the games?

I know it would be disastrous for Rangers but that won't happen supporters will always go to games and I would never watch a firstrow stream if I could either make most games or buy them live on RTV, those streams are horrific slow and jerky crash all the time and loaded with dodgy adverts filled with malware. My point is if RTV showed the matches live then a lot less people would go to the streams, they won't be able to shut down every stream and every one they do shut down just pops up on a slightly different URL so why not just show the damn games and Rangers make more money fans like me are much happier and able to watch it hassle free its a no brainer as they say.

Don't try and turn the tables on me ya nutter :lol: you had a mini rant and it looks like it was for fuck-all :lol:

:lol: go and have a look at the posts I've made....I've not attacked anyone's opinion nor criticised individuals by using derogatory language....some have responded to me with childish responses with no opinion provided yet I'm the one having a rant? :lol:

I know it would be disastrous for Rangers but that won't happen supporters will always go to games and I would never watch a firstrow stream if I could either make most games or buy them live on RTV, those streams are horrific slow and jerky crash all the time and loaded with dodgy adverts filled with malware. My point is if RTV showed the matches live then a lot less people would go to the streams, they won't be able to shut down every stream and every one they do shut down just pops up on a slightly different URL so why not just show the damn games and Rangers make more money fans like me are much happier and able to watch it hassle free its a no brainer as they say.

Rangers don't own the rights to their own game.

I think your views are valid and are probably representative of alot of fans who can't make every game but just want to watch their team which is fair enough....the problem is though that to show every game requires a licence we can't get at the moment and even then a large number would still use the illegal streams like was proven last year! I'm not critising individuals on here but the reality is if its a cold, wet December night and we are playing Forfar whilst these streams exist a large number will rightly or wrongly use them instead of going to the games!

I think if fans knew in advance they couldn't get a stream those able to attend would be more likely to do so!

I think your views are valid and are probably representative of alot of fans who can't make every game but just want to watch their team which is fair enough....the problem is though that to show every game requires a licence we can't get at the moment and even then a large number would still use the illegal streams like was proven last year! I'm not critising individuals on here but the reality is if its a cold, wet December night and we are playing Forfar whilst these streams exist a large number will rightly or wrongly use them instead of going to the games!

I think if fans knew in advance they couldn't get a stream those able to attend would be more likely to do so!

Yeah I didn't realise that we couldn't show them, well your point is the age old debate about piracy and whether its music, games, movies or football matches in the age of the internet piracy is more widespread than ever, if they couldn't stop it in the days of bootleg cassettes and videos then tbh they have no chance with all the technology and websites nowadays.

Yeah I didn't realise that we couldn't show them, well your point is the age old debate about piracy and whether its music, games, movies or football matches in the age of the internet piracy is more widespread than ever, if they couldn't stop it in the days of bootleg cassettes and videos then tbh they have no chance with all the technology and websites nowadays.

Your right mate and in many ways its reflective of our society nowadays.....why go out when you can do 90% of things online....I hate that but it is reality and whilst these streams exist some will choose to use them instead of going to games or paying for the odd game we did get on rangerstv....there is probably little that can be done about it but going back to the OP although I know it's certainly not the only reason I think some will choose to miss the game knowing they can get a stream somewhere....(usually)

Your right mate and in many ways its reflective of our society nowadays.....why go out when you can do 90% of things online....I hate that but it is reality and whilst these streams exist some will choose to use them instead of going to games or paying for the odd game we did get on rangerstv....there is probably little that can be done about it but going back to the OP although I know it's certainly not the only reason I think some will choose to miss the game knowing they can get a stream somewhere....(usually)

I certainly can't understand that what would I rather do go to Ibrox with 40-50k other bears and have a great time or sit at home trying to load a dodgy stream missing half the match due to it crashing or freezing and hope I'm not unintentionally loading malware due to all the hidden traps. Another no brainer but I guess there are people who would go to the stream for whatever reason.