Are all the top tiers closed tomorrow?

GOAT

How did people get to see the game before the invention of these ILLEGAL streams???? They either went or they waited for the highlights....these streams take away from the club and the attendances....so yes I would take it away....people bitch and moan about games not being televised by rangerstv yet what's the point when fans would choose to watch an ILLEGAL stream instead of buying off the club.....

I work odd shifts when home and I'm also away on business quite a bit, hence the reason I don't have a ST, but imho internet streams whether legal or not are pish.I paid for the games on RangersTV last year that were available, and it just didn't seem real to me, hunched over a laptop.The ONLY way RangersTV will increase subscriptions/income is by actually being a TV channel as opposed to an internet stream. I, and I'm sure many others, would much rather give Rangers £5, £10 or £15 a month to watch Rangers games on RangersTV on our televisions, through SKY, virgin or whoever, but even if they were broadcasting ALL Rangers matches for FREE on the internet I personally just can't be arsed with it.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree in general with kev. But I'll be utilising one of these nefarious streams tomorrow, being stuck down in England with work Tuesday and Wednesday. Wish I was in a position and had the opportunity to make every game but it's just not possible. :(

Probably quite a few factors will affect the crowd tomorrow night, a major one I assume being the 'time of the month'...basically that most people get paid monthly now and won't get paid until Thur/Fri and probably have been on hoiday/trying to keep kids amused for last few weeks, so credit card has probably already taken a battering this month.

The fact that it is midweek and that we are also at home on Saturday won't help either.

Maybe we shold be looking at options to increase attendances, maybe doing package deals for more han one match at a time i.e. grouping less attractive fixtures with the more desirable matches. It is £17 adult & £5 for a child for Saturday's match (£22 total), maybe we could have done some sort of deal where every kids ticket for Saturday came with a FREE or £1 ticket for the Berwick game tomorrow night.

Is there a rule stopping us playing the Ramsden Cup games, or any midweek league matches on International weekends? If we were playing Berwick at Ibrox a week on Saturday as opposed to tomorrow night, I'm pretty confident the crowd would have been a lot better, even a Friday night if Scotland are playing Saturday.

The game was supposed to be last midweek. A week on Saturday is the next round.

How did people get to see the game before the invention of these ILLEGAL streams???? They either went or they waited for the highlights....these streams take away from the club and the attendances....so yes I would take it away....people bitch and moan about games not being televised by rangerstv yet what's the point when fans would choose to watch an ILLEGAL stream instead of buying off the club.....

"ILLEGAL, ILLEGAL, ILLEGAL..."

Stop bleating and away n' download some relaxing music.

"ILLEGAL, ILLEGAL, ILLEGAL..."

Stop bleating and away n' download some relaxing music.

One illegal too many there mate....do try and keep up!

Listen if some of you think these streams are ok and worthwhile that's fine but why not give your reasons for it.....I have justified my point yet despite some poor attempts at deflection I haven't seen any justification given for!

Listen if some of you think these streams are ok and worthwhile that's fine but why not give your reasons for it.....I have justified my point yet despite some poor attempts at deflection I haven't seen any justification given for!

Is Rangers TV showing the game tomorrow night and covered in the £5 a month subscription fee?

it's a shame, as Rangers could benefit from tv money for these games if they allowed uk viewers the chance to buy games adhoc or by annual subscription throught rtv, there maybe low attendance but they could rake it in to compensate games like this

I'm away on holiday, my cousin will be using my ticket, good chance i'll try for a stream.

Am I good or bad in kev's eyes then? :pipe:

if your abroad you buy rtv and watch, most of these streams are poor quality tbh, but no you have bought a ticket and someone is going instead of you so no comarison with kev's statement

Actually, I think you will find I was rather kind to you as you have mentioned 'illegal' a lot more than three times in this thread.

This be the Internet, young man; I don't think I really need to waste my time explaining why P2P sharing should endure.

if your abroad you buy rtv and watch, most of these streams are poor quality tbh, but no you have bought a ticket and someone is going instead of you so no comarison with kev's statement

Not much point in me buying RTV for one game unless you can buy games individually?

I have a season ticket and i'm signed up to all the non-league home games so the club will always get my revenue for home matches.

Bottom line, whether you have a ST or not, whether you atend every game or none doesn't make you a better/worse Rangers fan than anyone else.

Circumstances/finances etc all change at various as we grow up. In my teens/early 20's I worked, earned a good wage but still lived at home so had the spare time/cash to attend home/away and Europe for a few seasons. I got promoted, got married, bought a house. mortgage rates went up and work commitments meant I couldn't go as much as I used to. Along came mini-me, and due to having next to no spare cash/time or energy I went a few years without attending any games at all. No the wee man comes to Ibrox with me and go most weeks.

Basically, what I am trying to say is that we are all Rangers fans, no one is more of a fan or a bette supporter than anyone else. The young guy with cash to burn and no family who travels all over Scotland and has a ST might find for whatever reason that his circumstances will change and for a while he won't attend as many games, he is still a Rangers fan though and always will be.

Re: (il)legal streams, get a slot on SKY/Virgin and charge £9.99 a month, i bet loads of Bears will jump at it, streams on a website aren't real TV imho.

Not much point in me buying RTV for one game unless you can buy games individually?

I have a season ticket and i'm signed up to all the non-league home games so the club will always get my revenue for home matches.

yes you can buy adho if your outside uk £5 and ive just checked and uk customers cant get it or buy it, silly considering the money they will loose through live streaming sites, i know m8 just letting you know you have an option if your board on hols, any way have a good one :party:

I'm away on holiday, my cousin will be using my ticket, good chance i'll try for a stream.

Am I good or bad in kev's eyes then? :pipe:

Well if your on holiday outside the uk and have access to a computer then you can purchase the game to watch on rangerstv so no need for an illegal stream.

Look my point on this is that although I'm sure there are many of you who could give more than valid reasons for watching the game on one of these streams the reality is alot of folk will choose to use them instead of going to the game who could and that damages the club....imagine if everyone decided to stay at home have a beer and watch it on an illegal stream!

Well if your on holiday outside the uk and have access to a computer then you can purchase the game to watch on rangerstv so no need for an illegal stream.

Look my point on this is that although I'm sure there are many of you who could give more than valid reasons for watching the game on one of these streams the reality is alot of folk will choose to use them instead of going to the game who could and that damages the club....imagine if everyone decided to stay at home have a beer and watch it on an illegal stream!

I do get your point, just calm down a bit. :D