Are all the top tiers closed tomorrow?

GOAT

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How did people get to see the game before the invention of these ILLEGAL streams???? They either went or they waited for the highlights....these streams take away from the club and the attendances....so yes I would take it away....people bitch and moan about games not being televised by rangerstv yet what's the point when fans would choose to watch an ILLEGAL stream instead of buying off the club.....

We're not talking about the days before the internet we're talking about the Berwick game tomorrow.

I'm keen to see how Mather and the Directors deal with ticketing this season. I don't recall any announcements in the last couple of weeks about the number of STs now sold. It was 34000 at the first league game - wonder what the total stands at just now. Personally if the amount did not match the 38000 of last season I'd look at this as a disappointment. More than a disappointment in fact because I do not see or hear of any direct personal efforts made by the CEO and the Board to get out there among Supporters and Supporters Groups to encourage ST sales. It seems to me they have relied on, and are still relying on, less direct means of sales such as advertising on the Rangers website. The importance of a banked revenue stream via STs cannot possibly be lost on a Board that knows it has some explaining to do when the accounts are published soon so being seemingly invisible when it comes to personal interventions to talk up the prospects for the Club and to more visibly encourage high turnouts is mystifying to me. Maybe the financials are not as bad as some fear? Or is the Board being too complacent in taking ticket sales for granted? When they froze the prices, what number of STs did they have in mind would have to be sold before that decision looked like a wise one?

For those who are at the game tomorrow - I hope its a good game with the right result for Rangers.

And one day, Rangers might get around to saying what line they will take when the current TV deals end so that if possible games like this can be streamed on RTV and for (say) £5 we can all legally watch the game if we can't get to Ibrox.

I work odd shifts when home and I'm also away on business quite a bit, hence the reason I don't have a ST, but imho internet streams whether legal or not are pish.I paid for the games on RangersTV last year that were available, and it just didn't seem real to me, hunched over a laptop.The ONLY way RangersTV will increase subscriptions/income is by actually being a TV channel as opposed to an internet stream. I, and I'm sure many others, would much rather give Rangers £5, £10 or £15 a month to watch Rangers games on RangersTV on our televisions, through SKY, virgin or whoever, but even if they were broadcasting ALL Rangers matches for FREE on the internet I personally just can't be arsed with it.

it would give you the opp.to donate to the cause

We have 4 ST's in the Copland Rear (2 in CR1 & 2 in CR3) all activated for tomorrow nights game as on the CCCS for all home games & cups. We've not heard anything about CR being closed. The email sent out to confirm the tickets for this game states the Club Deck will be closed & paper tickets sent out if your ST is there but no mention of any other section being closed.

Could it be that anyone buying tickets in the last few days are being told it has to be the front section as they are trying to fill the front sections but ST holders on the CCCS will still be in their own seats? It's a bit odd that some are being told the top tiers are shut when they've already sold some of us our own seats there. So long as I get in I don't care where I'm sitting!

I'm keen to see how Mather and the Directors deal with ticketing this season. I don't recall any announcements in the last couple of weeks about the number of STs now sold. It was 34000 at the first league game - wonder what the total stands at just now. Personally if the amount did not match the 38000 of last season I'd look at this as a disappointment. More than a disappointment in fact because I do not see or hear of any direct personal efforts made by the CEO and the Board to get out there among Supporters and Supporters Groups to encourage ST sales. It seems to me they have relied on, and are still relying on, less direct means of sales such as advertising on the Rangers website. The importance of a banked revenue stream via STs cannot possibly be lost on a Board that knows it has some explaining to do when the accounts are published soon so being seemingly invisible when it comes to personal interventions to talk up the prospects for the Club and to more visibly encourage high turnouts is mystifying to me. Maybe the financials are not as bad as some fear? Or is the Board being too complacent in taking ticket sales for granted? When they froze the prices, what number of STs did they have in mind would have to be sold before that decision looked like a wise one?

For those who are at the game tomorrow - I hope its a good game with the right result for Rangers.

And one day, Rangers might get around to saying what line they will take when the current TV deals end so that if possible games like this can be streamed on RTV and for (say) £5 we can all legally watch the game if we can't get to Ibrox.

The season ticket sales at the end of August last year were just over 35,000. We won't be far off that just now if we're not already there.

The 38,000 number from last year includes all the half season tickets etc that people bought through-out the season.

How did people get to see the game before the invention of these ILLEGAL streams???? They either went or they waited for the highlights....these streams take away from the club and the attendances....so yes I would take it away....people bitch and moan about games not being televised by rangerstv yet what's the point when fans would choose to watch an ILLEGAL stream instead of buying off the club.....

rtv only shows live outside of the uk. there are plenty fans who cant get to the games for a number of reasons. so if there is a stream that can be watched then it will be. I agree we should be backing the club with money going to them for the games. however for whatever reason they have missed a trick in not showing the game live in the uk or even if it was shown outside of Scotland am sure many would buy into the rtv.

I don't care if it's Berwick Rangers or Celtic we're playing, Ibrox should always be close to capacity. If it was CL game or a game against the bheggers, or a game to win the league the place would be packed, so why isn't it for any other game? Too many glory hunters it seems.