thehost

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

how could he if we lost soooooooo many players

yet albear says mccoist inherited a 7mill wage bill :lol:

Trying to have a rational conversation with you is impossible.

The wages of Alexander, McCulloch and Wallace were the bulk of that '£7 million'. Along with Boca and Goian aswell.

Anyway, I don't see how you can say that Eck faced harder times than Ally. That's just wrong.

Even so, he finished 3rd in a two horse race - why don't you go and compare Eck's wage bill to the one Hearts worked with.

eck spent more, but he also brought in more, it is arguable that eck made an overall profit for his time in charge at rangers, no other manager has ever managed that and still delivered titles, domestic honours CL group stages and a memorable trip to villareal in the CL last 16

Born in 1970 - I am proud to be now (according to you at least) only 5%!

Ally may well be overpaid, but he is our manager and should be given the respect of that position. Never, ever compared to "it". Why not compare Ally to any other manager of any other league instead (as long as the same set of circumstances exist of course to make a fair comparison)?

I think the comparison with our biggest rivals is fair, no?

Listen, I respect Ally for his leadership last year don't get me wrong. I simply don't rate him as a manager and know enough about what goes on at the club to realise a lot of our problems are Down To him.

My Country and culture mean more to me than Rangers, thus meaning our armed forces deserve my resepct above football managers. Now, a war veteran and lifelong Rangers fan was stood uo not once, but twice by Mr McCoist at the same time he was able to go to the Onion Bears night and gather some support and allies at the end of last season. I have every right to dislike the man after that, coupled with his inability as a manager it is quite pathetic how others and I are spoken to on here for voicing an opinion.

Trying to have a rational conversation with you is impossible.

The wages of Alexander, McCulloch and Wallace were the bulk of that '£7 million'. Along with Boca and Goian aswell.

so how was his squad decimated then

thats a fine spine of a team mccoist had there, coupled with broadfoot and edu who also tuped over and then moved on for transfer fees

im sure a shed load of div 3 managers would love to have had 8 full international players in their squad at the start of last season

I think everyone knows what is wrong. The point others are trying to make is why post it non fucking stop on here?

What the fuck can we the fans do about any of this shite nothing.

So fuck off you roaster.

Listen wee lad, get your ma's tights off before you get yourself in trouble.

The audacity to slam me for talking about Ally's failures given your hysteria over the last few weeks. Get back to sucking Gangrene Brigade cock before your keyboard Hardman act gets you found out

Here's the thing though, 90% of Bears from the 80s and before would have more in common with me and the OP etc. I am proud to be an old school Bear.

What a bollox generalisation, I can say in my experience the exact opposite applies but then in your defence i`m pretty confident that our social circles are most likely dramatically different ;)

eck spent more, but he also brought in more, it is arguable that eck made an overall profit for his time in charge at rangers, no other manager has ever managed that and still delivered titles, domestic honours CL group stages and a memorable trip to villareal in the CL last 16

Eck's whole managerial reign was a total contradiction, he delivered some of the greatest highs and hardest lows I've ever experienced as a Rangers fan. Finishing behind Hearts in his last season whilst qualifying for the last 16 summed his whole reign up.

To say he had harder times than Ally is fuckin outrageous though.

thats a fine spine of a team mccoist had there, coupled with broadfoot and edu who also tuped over and then moved on for transfer fees

im sure a shed load of div 3 managers would love to have had 8 full international players in their squad at the start of last season

Boca and Goian clearly weren't interested and Edu and Broadfoot left at the first available upportunity.

Alexander, Jig and Wallace aren't a 'fine spine' of a team. Wise up.

Eck's whole managerial reign was a total contradiction, he delivered some of the greatest highs and hardest lows I've ever experienced as a Rangers fan. Finishing behind Hearts in his last season whilst qualifying for the last 16 summed his whole reign up.

To say he had harder times than Ally is a fuckin outrageous though.

apart from the second half of allys first season here, mccoist has pretty much outmuscled the competition, he even managed to add to a title winning and Europa league last 16 squad

eck won a treble in scotland and was told to flog off the big earners, mccoist won a part time league and was given more to spend on the squad

i actually laughed at how they waited until the 90th minute before going through, the thread on here last night was pretty funny

as for what the result means, i actually got a little bit depressed at the thought of they bastards getting another 17mill to top up their bloated wage bill for another season,

the thought of them simply spending their way to 10iar fills me with dread

It is unfortunately another reality we have to deal with - and a good few years till we are back in the CL - and I am afraid I feel a bit green about the gills about what their adventures in that lofty competition have given them. What I cling onto is how great our next Premier Leaggue title will be like - and I still have enough faith that we shall get there and it shall be sweet! (And I hope its squinty teeth that is still their manager when we next hump them!)

Do you actually not know what happened? :blink:

Edu and Broadfoot were let go. Goian and Boca loaned out. So a fine spine of the team is made up of a back up GK, a LB and Jig? (who we shouldn't mention too much because the OP almost hates him as much as Ally)

This place is utterly ridiculous some days, no coincidence today is one of those days though...

I think the comparison with our biggest rivals is fair, no?

Listen, I respect Ally for his leadership last year don't get me wrong. I simply don't rate him as a manager and know enough about what goes on at the club to realise a lot of our problems are Down To him.

My Country and culture mean more to me than Rangers, thus meaning our armed forces deserve my resepct above football managers. Now, a war veteran and lifelong Rangers fan was stood uo not once, but twice by Mr McCoist at the same time he was able to go to the Onion Bears night and gather some support and allies at the end of last season. I have every right to dislike the man after that, coupled with his inability as a manager it is quite pathetic how others and I are spoken to on here for voicing an opinion.

They are not, currently (in strictly football terms of course), our rivals so should we compare ourselves to them? They are supposed to be the obsessed ones.

I respect your right to have an opinion - I consider it my honour to have fought for you directly on your streets in your part of the Union to allow you to have that opinion. However, all I am asking (requesting?) is that you show Ally some respect by not comparing him with some bigoted fuckwit with the personal hygiene of a swamp rhat. I think that that is the crux of the matter with regards the reaction to the OP.

Boca and Goian clearly weren't interested and Edu and Broadfoot left at the first available upportunity.

Alexander, Jig and Wallace aren't a 'fine spine' of a team. Wise up.

the fact is, boca, goian, broadfoot and edu were allowed to go, they chose to join the club down in the 3rd, rangers chose to let them go,

apart from the second half of allys first season here, mccoist has pretty much outmuscled the competition, he even managed to add to a title winning and Europa league last 16 squad

eck won a treble in scotland and was told to flog off the big earners, mccoist won a part time league and was given more to spend on the squad

McCoist has never been able to go and get the players he wanted. First he had to contend with Craig Whyte and then the transfer embargo.

You have to do admit, based on the first 3 League games, he is building an exciting team. Hopefully the spine of which will stay with us when we reach the SPFL.