Ibrox hosts Asian Final

AlBear.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is there an Asian football tournament?

Why can't all races play in the same tournament?

Think i'll start a white only football league,oh that's right,that would be racist.

I think you have to ask yourself why, in this country, you would have an Asian only event. It's similar to having Women only open days, to encourage underrepresented groups. Then you have to ask what, in this country, where white people are the majority and not underrepresented in football, would be the motivation behind a white only team. They would not be the same.

You need to chill mate, and not see anti white British discrimination where it doesn't exist.

I think you have to ask yourself why, in this country, you would have an Asian only event. It's similar to having Women only open days, to encourage underrepresented groups. Then you have to ask what, in this country, where white people are the majority and not underrepresented in football, would be the motivation behind a white only team. They would not be the same.

You need to chill mate, and not see anti white British discrimination where it doesn't exist.

This (tu) in a perfect world none of this would be needed as people would not be judged by their race or colour of their skin but we know that some people still do, can't see how anybody can have a problem with this unless they are intentionally misunderstanding why this is happening.

This (tu) in a perfect world none of this would be needed as people would not be judged by their race or colour of their skin but we know that some people still do, can't see how anybody can have a problem with this unless they are intentionally misunderstanding why this is happening.

Exactly, Bluepeter9 will be raging when he sees this, Scotland's for Scots according to him.

Why is there an Asian football tournament?

Why can't all races play in the same tournament?

Think i'll start a white only football league,oh that's right,that would be racist.

Words fail me, but firstly, it is NOT for the same reason that we have a Glasgow Catholic Schools Football Association, a Glasgow Catholic Schools Cup and so on!! Like you don't know. Better you turn your attention as to why we have we have such an institution promoting such a sectarian divide!

I firmly believe that the way to end all discrimination is for people to mix together.

That may be through football or ending the RC school system where children are told they are different at 5 years old.

Ethnic minorities are not helping themselves or society by excluding themselves and only living within their own communities.

This football tournament is a prime example of this.

(Although i hope we've got someone there looking for any talented boys).

I firmly believe that the way to end all discrimination is for people to mix together.

That may be through football or ending the RC school system where children are told they are different at 5 years old.

Ethnic minorities are not helping themselves or society by excluding themselves and only living within their own communities.

This football tournament is a prime example of this.

(Although i hope we've got someone there looking for any talented boys).

Fair dos. Don't disagree with alot of that. However I don't agree that this tournament falls into that category. I think it's addressing a specific issue.

Shouldn't be hosting this sort of thing, it really just encourages racism by having it as an 'Asian' event.

If I wanted to play a 'White British' final or even create such a thing what would happen??

See previous replies. It isn't the same thing.

Good that we're hosting events that will improve our reputation among traditionally non-British cultures, and in turn bring people to Ibrox that would perhaps not have been before nor had reason to visit.

As a side note;

My only concern is that we really shouldn't be seeing "Asian Only" or "Black Only" events anywhere.

Today's society would 'freak' if it was announced anyone here was having a 'White Only' event yet 'Asian only football' and 'Music of "black" origin awards' are perfectly ok?!

In that sentiment I also find it an uneasy situation that there are "women only" groups who claim a moral superiority and righteousness yet whom completely ignore male issues in the same context of concern i.e. rape, domestic violence etc. I can only imagine the outcry if the male-only "golf club" started a campaign to support domestically abused men and yet were silent and indifferent on the abuse of women within public life.

Asia is a continent.