The final straw for me as a Scotland fan was the Northern Ireland game in 2008. From half the stadium booing their national anthem, to booing the NI Gers ("DOB's") and even hearing some pathetic cunt rows behind shout up the fuckin ra, I decided it was Rangers only from then on in. Honestly find it crazy how some bears can sit shoulder to shoulder with these cretins.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The final straw for me as a Scotland fan was the Northern Ireland game in 2008. From half the stadium booing their national anthem, to booing the NI Gers ("DOB's") and even hearing some pathetic cunt rows behind shout up the fuckin ra, I decided it was Rangers only from then on in. Honestly find it crazy how some bears can sit shoulder to shoulder with these cretins.

They're a disgrace IMO mate.

Last Scotland game I was at was Scotland vs France at Hampden (Gary Caldwell 1-0 win), got the ticket as a freebie so I just went.

Will never forget the abuse Barry Ferguson got from middle aged posh boys in kilts around me. Utter utter scum. I walked out not long after the goal and it again just re-confirmed everything I needed to know about that national team, the support .... that's before getting started on the SFA, the footballing media etc....

First I've heard of Wallace getting boo'ed but then again I never watched the game or know anyone that goes to Scotland games. Not surprised. Disgusted yeah, but hardly shocked.

I was there on Friday and nearly left when this happened, and yes it did happen, albeit by a small number of Scotland fans, an even louder boo went out when he belgian team did a "huddle" so you can tell that the majority were probably not from Glasgow! The rest of the pish that was getting spouted by those around me was just putting me off going back and I haven't missed a Scotland game at home for years now. As my brother said to me afterwards, the majority of those going to see Scotland now are going for the banter and not the football, happy to put up with mediocrity, that is the really shameful part.

I was there on Friday and nearly left when this happened, and yes it did happen, albeit by a small number of Scotland fans, an even louder boo went out when he belgian team did a "huddle" so you can tell that the majority were probably not from Glasgow! The rest of the pish that was getting spouted by those around me was just putting me off going back and I haven't missed a Scotland game at home for years now. As my brother said to me afterwards, the majority of those going to see Scotland now are going for the banter and not the football, happy to put up with mediocrity, that is the really shameful part.

(tu) cheers for posting and clarifying

If the sun story was true - I'm pure offended by it - if if if - is no excuse and you know it

and what about the guy below that confirmed Wallace's boo's .... or you going to sweep sweep that like the trolling little taig bastard you are

You really do bring alot of the grief you get on here, on yourself....take the time to actually read what people say and not just form your own opinion based on what you think they mean....

So if ( note the word if ) if something migh happen I can get pure offended by the fact it might happen - as I said comedy gold - try tsking ur own advice and read what I actually said before jumping in and bumping ur gums !!

and what about the guy below that confirmed Wallace's boo's .... or you going to sweep sweep that like the trolling little fenian bastard you are

I'd think he was mistaken - or misinterpreting as there were no bod to be heard accepting to my brother, nephew and niece who were all over at the game

I'd think he was mistaken - or misinterpreting as there were no bod to be heard accepting to my brother, nephew and niece who were all over at the game

No mistake mate and having my hearing tested yesterday with near perfect results no misinterpretation either.

No mistake mate and having my hearing tested yesterday with near perfect results no misinterpretation either.

Is there any difference in us judging the Scottish support because of a few boos, than the tims and media lambasting our entire support because a couple of folk use some sectarian add ons in our songs?

No offence but an anon Internet poster or my family? Was it on person boing, 2 , a general howl? ( ur god hearing will aloe you to judge) but 3 of my family heard nought!

Is there any difference in us judging the Scottish support because of a few boos, than the tims and media lambasting our entire support because a couple of folk use some sectarian add ons in our songs?

Yes! There is a huge difference. Rangers and Celtic are rivals. When playing for Scotland they are scotland fans booing their own players because of club ties.

Yes! There is a huge difference. Rangers and Celtic are rivals. When playing for Scotland they are scotland fans booing their own players because of club ties.

Eh?

But we are the ones having a go at the support of our national team.

So you think it's scandalous to boo your own teams players, so your solution is to offer no support to your own teams players? Pretty poor logic.

Eh?

But we are the ones having a go at the support of our national team.

So you think it's scandalous to boo your own teams players, so your solution is to offer no support to your own teams players? Pretty poor logic.

Is that what I said?

I stayed and supported the team mate, Rangers and Scotland are my teams and nothing that the owners or authorities do will change that. My point was about the "Tartan Army Association" and how the majority of fans now going to games are a bunch of arseholes. I still remember the Scotland v Trinidad game at easter road when Marvin Andrews signed for us and received unbelievably nasty Racial abuse from Scotland fans, sitting right behind me and my brother so no misinterpretation or mishearing there either, it is not too much to understand it was not because he is black but because he signed for Rangers, Celtic players have also received the same kind of abuse.

No offence but an anon Internet poster or my family? Was it on person boing, 2 , a general howl? ( ur god hearing will aloe you to judge) but 3 of my family heard nought!

here is what I tweeted immediately after the players were announced,

xxxxxxxxx

Fuckin #tartanarmy arseholes booing lee Wallace. Dot know why I bother going to the Scotland games with that shite.

06/09/2013 19:50

check the time stamp on it, do you think I made it up mate? It happened end of..

If your family didn't notice it then fine, it does not stop me going to support Scotland and it would never make me support England or any other home nation but it IS pathetic.

Can't agree whatsoever. England are a home nation. Dawning a Republic of Ireland top and cheering them .... you might aswell put on a Norway or Columbia top ... it's a foreign country that's fuck-all to do with them.

For what it's worth I don't support the English national team, but there's Bears that support all home nations - aside from Scotland, for obvious reasons. I don't think that makes them taig-like whatsoever. I respect that.

When did the English FA try to kill our team and then take titles off us? hand us illegal transfer embargos or relegate us?

As for McCoist that's upto him if he wants to call Scotland us. No problem with that, but he doesn't speak for Rangers or at least every fan when it comes to international football.

Depends how long you want to hold a grudge for..

xxxxxxxxx

Fuckin #tartanarmy arseholes booing lee Wallace. Dot know why I bother going to the Scotland games with that shite.

06/09/2013 19:50

check the time stamp on it, do you think I made it up mate? It happened end of..

If your family didn't notice it then fine, it does not stop me going to support Scotland and it would never make me support England or any other home nation but it IS pathetic.

And that still made far more coherent reading than the majority of BP9's posts!

+l]

I agree it's pathetic - was it one fan, two fans? Majority? Everyone?