The taigs were founded by the Irish though. And they've got this daft allegiance with them, I see what you're saying to an extent, but it isn't as foreign as you're making out. I don't have anything against the English national team myself, I would put on a Scotland top and cheer them on before I would put on an England top for example. To each their own, but it bothers me when bears wish broken legs upon the Scottish players (not talking about taigs or our former players) just because what went on with the SFA. I don't like the arrogance of the English media as well, they look at us as a fucking joke, our league, our clubs, our national team. When in reality their national team massively underacheives themselves.

I just don't get why England get's brought into it every time a Rangers fan says he doesn't care about the national football team. The reasons are vividly obvious. If they like to see England win then it's not really relevant IMO as the English FA and English media, public, football in general didn't try to kill us then strip us of honours.

This will never heal in my opinion. While there's still some Rangers fans that do support the national team it's at an all time low (IMO) ... I'd love to see the stats from the official Tartan Army database as to who supports who

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The taigs were founded by the Irish though. And they've got this daft allegiance with them, I see what you're saying to an extent, but it isn't as foreign as you're making out. I don't have anything against the English national team myself, I would put on a Scotland top and cheer them on before I would put on an England top for example. To each their own, but it bothers me when bears wish broken legs upon the Scottish players (not talking about taigs or our former players) just because what went on with the SFA. I don't like the arrogance of the English media as well, they look at us as a fucking joke, our league, our clubs, our national team. When in reality their national team massively underacheives themselves.

I'd argue they're spot on

I just don't get why England get's brought into it every time a Rangers fan says he doesn't care about the national football team. The reasons are vividly obvious. If they like to see England win then it's not really relevant IMO as the English FA and English media, public, football in general didn't try to kill us then strip us of honours.

This will never heal in my opinion. While there's still some Rangers fans that do support the national team it's at an all time low (IMO) ... I'd love to see the stats from the official Tartan Army database as to who supports who

The tartan army hate the old firm I heard. I think they are a bunch of fannies anyway. The majority of bears I talk to that hate the Scotland team support England, which is the only time I disagree with it. People can choose not to support Scotland if they want, that is fine, it's the supporting England over Scotland bit I don't get. I don't give that much of a fuck about Scotland anyway, the national team is pish, has been for the last 15 years, it would be difficult to get that passionate about it. But my original point was, if Scotland were playing England I would be cheering on Scotland.

I couldn't care who wins if Scotland play England but the thought of the drag queens being gutted at the English beating them and them going home greeting in their kilts is satisfying .... if England were then playing say Ukraine, I wouldn't give a shit personally.

As immature and childish as that is, that's just the way I am.

I couldn't care who wins if Scotland play England but the thought of the drag queens being gutted at the English beating them and them going home greeting in their kilts is satisfying .... if England were then playing say Ukraine, I wouldn't give a shit personally.

As immature and childish as that is, that's just the way I am.

Fair enough. I can't disagree with that.

The tartan army hate the old firm I heard. I think they are a bunch of fannies anyway. The majority of bears I talk to that hate the Scotland team support England, which is the only time I disagree with it. People can choose not to support Scotland if they want, that is fine, it's the supporting England over Scotland bit I don't get. I don't give that much of a fuck about Scotland anyway, the national team is pish, has been for the last 15 years, it would be difficult to get that passionate about it. But my original point was, if Scotland were playing England I would be cheering on Scotland.

You think the MAJORITY of Rangers fans support England?

I seriously doubt that is true and if it is it's fucking shameful.

You think the MAJORITY of Rangers fans support England?

I seriously doubt that is true and if it is it's fucking shameful.

Even if they did its less shameful than supporting this current Scotland set up tbh

Why the petty hate for the English football team? Loads of people on here love the Dutch and Spanish national teams what's the diff?

Even if they did its less shameful than supporting this current Scotland set up tbh

Why the petty hate for the English football team? Loads of people on here love the Dutch and Spanish national teams what's the diff?

Dont be daft. No matter what your opinions on the national set up, you cannot call it shameful for a scottish fan to support the scottish national team. Fair enough if you dont want to support them, but dont have a go at us.

I dont buy into hatred for England, I like the English.

In a footballing sense, they are our biggest rivals, so I like to see them get beat. In a much friendlier way than I think of our club rivals though.

Dont be daft. No matter what your opinions on the national set up, you cannot call it shameful for a scottish fan to support the scottish national team. Fair enough if you dont want to support them, but dont have a go at us.

I dont buy into hatred for England, I like the English.

In a footballing sense, they are our biggest rivals, so I like to see them get beat. In a much friendlier way than I think of our club rivals though.

That's my point mate I'm not calling it shameful to support Scotland I'm saying that its maybe less shameful to support another home nation compared to this current Scotland team after everything that's happened - in the context of Doughnuts point about anyone supporting England is Shameful - there's a difference - if that makes sense

England are not our rivals anymore and haven't been for years - there's a whole new generation of fans not just Rangers fans who don't see international football the same way anymore especially when it comes to rivalry

For the record I don't support England but I don't like words like shameful getting used for no good reason

That's my point mate I'm not calling it shameful to support Scotland I'm saying that its maybe less shameful to support another home nation compared to this current Scotland team after everything that's happened - in the context of Doughnuts point about anyone supporting England is Shameful - there's a difference - if that makes sense

England are not our rivals anymore and haven't been for years - there's a whole new generation of fans not just Rangers fans who don't see international football the same way anymore especially when it comes to rivalry

For the record I don't support England but I don't like words like shameful getting used for no good reason

Yea, see where you are coming from. Still think the use of 'more shameful' is a bit close to the bone. Dont think there can be any shame about supporting your own country.

I hated McGeady and McCarthy for their choice to abandon the country that brought them up to represent another country. I still think it is wrong.

I feel similar about supporting another nation ahead of your own. As much as I can see why you would support other nations, especially the home nations if you are a unionist, they should always be second to your primary nation.

I just refuse to let the SFA's action tarnish my national team. Just as I would not let Whyte tarnish my love for Rangers.

Fair enough mate

It's just difficult to support your primary nation for the reasons that's been talked about loads

I honestly don't mind bears still supporting Scotland if that's their thing it's when they people call ones that don't taig like and shameful cos they like to see England do well it just doesn't sit right with me mate (tu)

I appreciate that but (again if true) it symbolises and epitomises what's wrong about the national football team and everyone assosciated with it

We are always getting told to self-police and challenge anyone shouting fuck the pope etc to rid our support of sectarianism ... why doesn't the Tartan Army do the same? my feeling is even if it was a small minority doing it, the others would snigger and the rest be in no hurry to tell them to stop it

You cant make this shit up - one minute your praising VB forvtheir 'Dug Exposé' and how it was made up - next minute your posting about whats up with the tartan army based on a 'made up' story - :lol:

'If true I'm pure dead offended loyal': believe what I read when it suits my needs branch !

You cant make this shit up - one minute your praising VB forvtheir 'Dug Exposé' and how it was made up - next minute your posting about whats up with the tartan army based on a 'made up' story - :lol:

'If true I'm pure dead offended loyal': believe what I read when it suits my needs branch !

Another day and another opportunity to try to make yourself controversial, I hope the poster sees right through you. Its starting to become tedious and boring now.

I agree with this.

I was in Spain in 1982, for the world cup, was at the infamous 1977 Wembley game when we beat the English 2-1, and stole their pitch & goalposts.

I now don't care too much for Scotland, I'm still Scottish, just not as passionate about them since they try to kill off my team.

Club BEFORE country everytime IMO..

THEY?

Scotland didn't try to kill off your team. A fucking English guy in charge of the SPL and another English guy in the SFA tried to kill off your team.

Scots who go on about hating Scotland and supporting England are no better than the plastics who support McGeady's mob

I'm sure he said 'If true' but let's not let facts get in the way of another attention seeking mission from you.

The Tartan Army have a history of booing Rangers players so it wouldn't surprise me if it was the case.

I said in brackets "if true" ya fucking idiot

Learn to read

I am putting this in here as well..

I am saddened by the anti-Scottish crap that has been going on recently.

Our country really does have a problem. As does this forum.

Shame on you Scots Gers fans who have done nothing but surrender.

I have been a Rangers and Scotland fan since 1986. What a great world cup with Scotland participating... what a season for the Gers with Souness taking over and revolutionising our team and the game up here.

None of you Sky TV brainwashed idiots would even know what any of that was like.

But don't EVER try to tell me that I should not support my country, you freaks.

I will be in a queue waiting to toe your peas.... headed by Graeme Souness... Baxter, Cooper, McCoist, McCall. Goram, Greig, Gough, et al... and with Lee Wallace also waiting in the wings to put a left boot in, I reckon you anti-Scots-Scots (yes, you are that contrary) would have sore balls... if you actually had any.

Supported Scotland fom the early sixties,never missed a game at Hampden and enjoyed the weekend trip to Wembly.Remember vast majority of support came from us,we even wore our Rangers scarfs to the games.There was always a majority of Rangers players in the team.For me i started to become disallusioned when they stopped playing our National Anthem.To cap it all the so called Tarten Army took over,they are a total embarrasment.However in saying this i would never ridicule another Gers fan for supporting Scotland,its a free country. :7325::7326:

Supported Scotland fom the early sixties,never missed a game at Hampden and enjoyed the weekend trip to Wembly.Remember vast majority of support came from us,we even wore our Rangers scarfs to the games.There was always a majority of Rangers players in the team.For me i started to become disallusioned when they stopped playing our National Anthem.To cap it all the so called Tarten Army took over,they are a total embarrasment.However in saying this i would never ridicule another Gers fan for supporting Scotland,its a free country. :7325::7326:

Did they used to play QSTQ for Scotland games?

Yes we even sang it along with the England support at Wembely.

Heard that too.

I made a point last night about different generations. One generation had GSTQ, the next generation had Flower Of Scotland, English hating and national anthem booing and this generation (and next) will be "meh" ... international football interest at an all time low.

I'd love to see some sort of in-depth poll from all youngsters under say 20 that like football and what their thoughts are on international football. I think the results would surprise a lot of people. There's no real such thing as a Scotland vs England international rivalry any more ... it's just (mostly) middle aged men who are sheep shaggers and teachers etc having a wee release and trying to hold onto something because they tend to support shite teams with no honours or big days

You really do bring alot of the grief you get on here, on yourself....take the time to actually read what people say and not just form your own opinion based on what you think they mean....