Moshni praying?

Bluepeter9

I am led to believe that Moshni is a Sunni Muslim. He can pray all he wants as long as he loves that jersey and does his bit! We are an all inclusive club as long as we don't forget our protestant heritage!!

BTW and not wishing to bore you all to death. I had the opportunity to study Islam when I was working in the Middle East, just to find out what all the fuss is about. Basically two main sects, Sunni and Shiite. 90/10 in favour of the Sunni. The main difference being in the interpretation of the holy book the Qu'uran and how their leader and successors are appointed.

On Mohammad's death bed the Sunni believe that he appointed his close friend as the new leader. The Shiite believe he appointed his son-in-law and let the divide begin!

Islam is not just a religion to them, but a way of life and believe, they are not afraid to die. Their teachings and ''lessons'' as they would say, appear to be constantly preparing them for death and to be at Allah's side, which they fully embrace and look forward to. For a westerner, it takes a lot to get the head around, but when you get it, then you can start to understand the mentality and the actions you see today.

The Sunni (mainly from the Arabian peninsula countries, Saudi, UAE, Qatar, etc and Pakistan etc) are the nearest Muslim equivalent of Protestants, Lutherians etc. in that hey do NOT do the worship of graven images, statues, paintings and the like. This is considered blasphemy. There is not much to see inside their mosques other than carpets and bare walls. Their pathway to God is direct and not via priests and Bishops (or Caliphs, Immams in their world)etc. They recognise Jesus as the second last and most important prophet after Mohammad.

The Shiite (mainly Iranians and now the majority in Iraq)on the other hand, DO worship graven images etc. Their mosques are much more opulent with holy pictures of their leaders and the like. Their leaders they believe are divine appointees and they are pathway to God or Allah. Now with those practices, this bunch remind me of a heinous sect that reside in the east end of Glasgow and their leader resides in Rome, so come on the SUNNIIIIIIIIII!!!!

...and I'd rather be a Sunni than a timothy!!!!!!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the guys I used to work with was a real character. He would go to the corner of the factory most mornings, face east get on to his knees and do the prayer routine. When asked if he was muslim, would say no, then explain he was a Geordie and was praying in the direction of Newcastle and St James' Park.

Yet more pathetic trolling from BP9.....how he has not been banned is becoming more and more questionable....

How the fk can you interpret this thread as trolling is stunningly unbelievable ! To use your favourite rejoinder of the moment 'Pathetic'

How the fk can you interpret this thread as trolling is stunningly unbelievable ! To use your favourite rejoinder of the moment 'Pathetic'

:lol: you are pathetic....just like this thread. Completely pointless and the timing of it smacks of someone looking to cause controversy....

The wee truce you two had a while ago didn't last long.

I have tried tolerating him and ignoring him but he grates on you....he constantly attacks the views of others without providing a counter discussion and he constantly looks to take some kind of moral high ground when people discuss tactics, formations etc that he deems 'negative'....he trolls threads constantly and seeks controversy just like in this thread. He is a cancer on this forum and should be banned.

:lol: you are pathetic....just like this thread. Completely pointless and the timing of it smacks of someone looking to cause controversy....

Ach well ur wrong - not for the first and not for the last time !

For the avoidance of doubt I just wondered if his ritual was personal or religious and it looks like its a du'a and is a Mulsim prayer - and now I know! ( I also know a bit more about Sunni and Shiites sects.

I have tried tolerating him and ignoring him but he grates on you....he constantly attacks the views of others without providing a counter discussion and he constantly looks to take some kind of moral high ground when people discuss tactics, formations etc that he deems 'negative'....he trolls threads constantly and seeks controversy just like in this thread. He is a cancer on this forum and should be banned.

:lol: now laughing at your petulant pathetic wee outburst! Hangover ?

I have noticed that I used to think he got alot of shit on here but he does bring most of it on himself, controversial for the sake of it alot of the time.

Just before KO 'Billy' didn't seem to participate in the high hand slapping - instead he seemed to have his own routine - like a wee prayer? Just saw Ozil doing something similar - same routine? Religious? Thoughts?

Why would any sane person have thoughts on a football player taking a few minutes out to say thanks to who or whatever he or she may believe in.

Very odd thread. Perhaps Moshni has noticing how much publicity Tim Tebow receives in the States.....

As an atheist I can emphatically say, who gives a flying fuck? He can do a fucking amazonian rain-dance at the start of every game if he is going to play as well as he did today.

Some of our best players in the past 15 years have been of various faiths. It has nothing to do with how

they perform for us. There are no Christians, Muslims or other religions when it comes to playing for the famous Rangers... there are only Rangers and non-Rangers and we all know which of those are of the correct persuasion, eh?

..Well said...but it,ll be all over the papers tomorrow..

Why would any sane person have thoughts on a football player taking a few minutes out to say thanks to who or whatever he or she may believe in.

Very odd thread. Perhaps Moshni has noticing how much publicity Tim Tebow receives in the States.....

The 'thoughts' was what was he doing? Ie what was it all about - I did not know about du'a before last night. Did you? How folk interpret that as being critical I don't see

The 'thoughts' was what was he doing? Ie what was it all about - I did not know about du'a before last night. Did you? How folk interpret that as being critical I don't see

Oops you chose to ask the wrong person, yes I did know about du'aa and it was most likely accompanied by the words "mashallah".

If we see him performing these supplications every-time he scores may we see plenty of them....... inshallah.

Just before KO 'Billy' didn't seem to participate in the high hand slapping - instead he seemed to have his own routine - like a wee prayer? Just saw Ozil doing something similar - same routine? Religious? Thoughts?

What difference does it make if it works for him.

Oops you chose to ask the wrong person, yes I did know about du'aa and it was most likely accompanied by the words "mashallah".

If we see him performing these supplications every-time he scores may we see plenty of them....... inshallah.

As I said I saw Ozil do it as well - I also looked it up on wiki and its quite a formal wee ritual .

To quote dave Allen 'may your god go with you'