what's the format for ramsden cup semis?

AlCapone

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wont be at brendanbau if we are lucky enough to reach final, game should be at a smaller ground and no SPFL team should benefit financially from, us

We are all SPFL clubs mate, if you mean top flight then surely Kilmarnock, Ross County and Partick are exempt from that

I think somewhere like Tynecastle would be ample tbh.

As much as I would like to think it, there is no way we would sell over 50000 tickets for the Ramsden's cup final.

Between that and people refusing to go to the piggery, it would be played in a half empty stadium I think.

Tynecastle would be sold out and make for a good atmosphere.

I think we would fill Wembley!!!

90000 singing the Billy boys legally!

The semi final is due to be played on the weekend of 12/13 October and we have a televised game on 12 October at 17.30 v Dunfermline. I was hoping for an all day session heading up to it.

Anyone idea what's going to happen?

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/5118-service-with-a-smile

But with Rangers scheduled to host Dunfermline in League One the day before and a host of internationals taking place then too, the likelihood is both games will have to move.

Lee Wallace, Lewis Macleod, Andy Little, Dean Shiels and Arnold Peralta are all players who could realistically be away representing their national sides at that point.

Will be gutted if they move the league game as I've already booked my flights. :(

How many players will be on international duty? 3 or 4 Max? Sure we could fill the spots, and give some fringe players a run out.

We can only make an assessment on what's went on previously and the information we have and both suggest Rangers will ask to have no game that weekend.

We can only make an assessment on what's went on previously and the information we have and both suggest Rangers will ask to have no game that weekend.

I just think it is unnecessary, and a bit of a slap to fans who have booked travel etc. The international calendar and fixtures list has been up for months now, and the club now decides to move it! Surely we have enough quality to overcome Dunfermline without the internationalists.

I just think it is unnecessary, and a bit of a slap to fans who have booked travel etc. The international calendar and fixtures list has been up for months now, and the club now decides to move it! Surely we have enough quality to overcome Dunfermline without the internationalists.

The clubs main priority has to be looking out for the best interests of the team first and foremost. That means ensuring we can field our strongest possible team every game, for the fans.

I'll be disappointed if the league game is moved, as I don't get many days off to get up for games, but it is my own fault. I never book my flights this early and didn't even realise it was a scheduled international weekend. I wont be blaming the club if my plans get ruined.

The clubs main priority has to be looking out for the best interests of the team first and foremost. That means ensuring we can field our strongest possible team every game, for the fans.

I'll be disappointed if the league game is moved, as I don't get many days off to get up for games, but it is my own fault. I never book my flights this early and didn't even realise it was a scheduled international weekend. I wont be blaming the club if my plans get ruined.

Agreed, but my main point was that the calendars have been available for months now. The club agree to the fixture time from BT sport in August, knowing they will have players out on duty. Yet, they only move to rearrange with 3 weeks to go. Did we not play a fixture during international week last season ?

we done it for a few years when we had to play at a nuetral ground when hampden was shut!!

Whats the problem now? yes they voted against us but for another chance to lift slverware at the popeadome then im afraid for all you bhoycotters i and my fammily will be there! another chance to ram it up their jaksy's that the gers are alive and kicking and enjoying our trip to the elitist of football???????? Damnnnn right!!!

If we get Raith Rovers away, their chairman will be shitting himself...

Remember when he was in the papers saying "felt pure threatened by Rangers fans, got a call off ra polis saying folk wur lined up ootside Raith stadium waiting to burn it down..."

Imagine people whip out flares and smoke bombs, the guy will die of a heart attack on the spot.