McCoist - Have you revised your opinion?

TravelingWilBEARy

He was an extremely successful coach and then assistant both at our club and the National team, he clearly isn't clueless.

McCulloch - scores six goals in two games, plays him out of position at centre back to accomodate a striker who hadn't scored in nearly a month. - CLUELESS.

Peralta - plays him out of position on Saturday when he could have put him in the middle easily to allow Law to get forward more. We've got wide players sitting on the bench at the time ffs. - CLUELESS

Little - puts him on the left wing, again out of position. You've got Templeton and McKay sitting on the bench ffs. - CLUELESS

Faure - plays a centre back at right back, when there is a right back on the bench. Do you see where I'm going with all this? - CLUELESS

It's not rocket science, you play players in their correct positions and they will perform better. McCulloch deserves to be a striker, 7 goals in three games says it all.

Don't get me started on tactics and defending corners. The guy is my hero growing up, but as a manager he just isn't there. I wish I was wrong, but I'm not.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McCulloch scored 6 goals in two games, yet he still played him centre half last night. Players out of position. There's no excuse's, he's just not a manager.

He scored 4 goals from CB in 2 games. And we have conceded one goal. It clearly isn't the worst tactic in the world.

Nupe. The jury is very much still out. Hammering teams should be expected at our level.

His cup records is still absymal

However, what I will say that when we weren't hammer the shite lower league teams he got criticised and rightly so, so when we hammer these same teams then he should get praised. No problem with that.

His credentials as a Rangers manager will come against tougher opposition and better competition.

As daft as it sounds you won't get hailed as being a Rangers great by winning these lower leagues, but you can sure as fuck get hailed as a managerial flop if we struggle.

He scored 4 goals from CB in 2 games. And we have conceded one goal. It clearly isn't the worst tactic in the world.

He's a striker getting played out of position. He's scored 7 goals in three games, he DESERVES to be played in his natural position. There's plenty of natural defenders in the team just now.

McCulloch - scores six goals in two games, plays him out of position at centre back to accomodate a striker who hadn't scored in nearly a month. - CLUELESS.

Peralta - plays him out of position on Saturday when he could have put him in the middle easily to allow Law to get forward more. We've got wide players sitting on the bench at the time ffs. - CLUELESS

Little - puts him on the left wing, again out of position. You've got Templeton and McKay sitting on the bench ffs. - CLUELESS

Faure - plays a centre back at right back, when there is a right back on the bench. Do you see where I'm going with all this? - CLUELESS

It's not rocket science, you play players in their correct positions and they will perform better. McCulloch deserves to be a striker, 7 goals in three games says it all.

Don't get me started on tactics and defending corners. The guy is my hero growing up, but as a manager he just isn't there. I wish I was wrong, but I'm not.

Four of McCulloch's 7 goals came from Centre Back. Daly scored yesterday and won everything in the air.

He's not the only manager in history to play players somewhere other than their preferred position. As long as it gets results then what does it matter?

Nupe. The jury is very much still out. Hammering teams should be expected at our level.

His cup records is still absymal

However, what I will say that when we weren't hammer the shite lower league teams he got criticised and rightly so, so when we hammer these same teams then he should get praised. No problem with that.

His credentials as a Rangers manager will come against tougher opposition and better competition.

As daft as it sounds you won't get hailed as being a Rangers great by winning these lower leagues, but you can sure as fuck get hailed as a managerial flop if we struggle.

He doesn't though, a lot of the people who moaned that we should be hammering teams last year just completely dismiss it this year because of the level of opposition. It makes me think that Ally will never win no matter what he does, people have made their minds up and simply won't change them.

He doesn't though, a lot of the people who moaned that we should be hammering teams last year just completely dismiss it this year because of the level of opposition. It makes me think that Ally will never win no matter what he does, people have made their minds up and simply won't change them.

You've clearly made your mind up and wont change it.

Four of McCulloch's 7 goals came from Centre Back. Daly scored yesterday and won everything in the air.

He's not the only manager in history to play players somewhere other than their preferred position. As long as it gets results then what does it matter?

See my above post re: Jig.

Daly didn't deserve to start at centre forward before Jig did last night. Jig right now is our top striker, he deserves to play up front. No if's, not buts.

EDIT: Why did you ignore the rest of my comments?

Aye, but those two balls right across the box in the first half on Saturday would have been bread and butter to a good striker, as would one or two of the chances last night. I suppose the proof is in the pudding i.e. easy wins at the end up, but at half time on Saturday I was almost offended by what Ally had put on the park, and everybody around me could see what was wrong i.e. players out of position. He made the change with Temps coming on which changed things completely, but everyone could see from the off that we had the wrong line up and wrong tactics, so why can't he?

If he can't address it with the inital starting line up then he really is not a manager

I've said dozens of times, literally dozens of times, that I don't think he can truly be judged until we have a proper pre-season and can sign who we want.

There's a lot more to being a manager than just signing players though. You still have half a chance as a manager at a club like Rangers if your motivational and man management skills are exception ala Walter Smith

No sadly. I think if we're lucky we will get a run in the Scottish Cup but with our pool of players that shouldn't be unrealistic whether we're playing under McCoist, Mourinho or Kirk Broadfoot..

Get this season over with, and get someone new in would be my preferred option.

This thread went well...

I am quite taken aback by the stubbornness of some and their failure to admit that they may have been overly critical in the past.

Most of the criticism in the past has been merited IMO the only ones that don't think so are the ones that think he can do no wrong - ever

See my above post re: Jig.

Daly didn't deserve to start at centre forward before Jig did last night. Jig right now is our top striker, he deserves to play up front. No if's, not buts.

Daly has played well all season, he won everything in the air last night and almost scored with a cracking volley.

Jig right now is our top defender....

Who might these teams be?

We have a better squad than every single club in Scotland bar the scum.

Thats what I mean, wait until we are playing teams at our level, his inability as a coach will shine through. Don't get me wrong, I like Ally but, I love Rangers!!!

He's a striker getting played out of position. He's scored 7 goals in three games, he DESERVES to be played in his natural position. There's plenty of natural defenders in the team just now.

Personally I dont think he has the legs to play as a striker anymore.

How many of those goals came from set pieces where he can join in the attack from CB? We didnt have any real delivery into the box last night, so he would have been no more effective than Daly IMO. Daly actually done well for what he was given also.

Moshni has scored in every competitive match he has played for us. Dont think he should play up front either.

We're better than we were last year and I'm enjoying this season so far, but as much as I love the guy he still has to prove that he can be successful in better leagues. I don't mind his tactics and (odd) decisions if we are winning and scoring goals. I'll continue to support him 100% until he proves to be an abject failure in either Div1 or SPL. I hope he doesn't. He should continue to learn and improve like most folk do in their job.