Barrie McKay yesterday

GOAT

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Subs should be on at 60 minutes none of this last ten minutes nonsense.

A sub should be made when it needs to be changed. The goal late in the first half glossed over the fact it had to be changed at half time yesterday. He never even attempted to change it until the 80th minute and, then when he did change it, he put a player out of position to try and hold onto a 1-0 victory over a bunch of plumbers.

Done more? What? You must have been watching a different game from me or have lower standards because Barry McKay won a couple of throw-ins and a corner; if that's worth commenting on, then we need to reevaluate ourselves as a club.

McKay has stalled, big time. He has the pace, never mind the skill, to ghost past defenders at this level with ease, but doesn't.

I'm not suggesting that this is the case, but he looks disinterested to me and as a quick attacker, that's concerning. It would surprise me if McCoist recognises this as well and it's why he starts very few games.

Done more? What? You must have been watching a different game from me or have lower standards because Barry McKay won a couple of throw-ins and a corner; if that's worth commenting on, then we need to reevaluate ourselves as a club.

McKay has stalled, big time. He has the pace, never mind the skill, to ghost past defenders at this level with ease, but doesn't.

I'm not suggesting that this is the case, but he looks disinterested to me and as a quick attacker, that's concerning. It would surprise me if McCoist recognises this as well and it's why he starts very few games.

Wit? He's played about 20 minutes of football this season. How the fuck can you tell me from that he looks disinterested?

I would like to see this team next game, we should be playing attractive attacking football and exploiting the channels and passing teams off the park. I think a 433 is the best way allowing mckay and Temps to switch sides throughout the game with Clark just infront who gave Collocini a right run for his money in the Newcastle friendly when getting balls fed along the ground into him. We dont need a big striker such as Jig or Daly to hold up play if we can pass and move properly and use the pace we have within or squad.

Mcausland and Faure never deserved to be dropped based on their performances this and although you could argue the same for Jig in reality we have better players than him and we need to start playing the best available and not who Ally likes the best.

Bell

Mcausland Moshni Faure Wallace

Black

Macleod Law

Temps McKay

Clark

Doubt i'll ever see this as a starting 11 though more chance of Stevie Smith starting as a striker lol.

Fancy a job as manager?

Was on the pitch minutes, and in those minutes done what most either couldn't do or where scared to do. Took a player on and his pace won us a corner.

Start him next week. Let's see what he can do now he has a decent midfield behind him, and a decent attacking midfielder next to him. His pace could destroy teams in this league.

Barry McKay is predominately right footed and is much stronger on his right foot. he also has that blistering pace.

Blistering pace that will take him past players with ease and allow him to put quality balls into the box,

Early balls that Little or Clark can attack at the front post or balls to the back post that would be food and drink for Daly or Jig.

cutting inside and having strikes at goal is all fine and well but that is exactly what full backs want when playing against Barry, They want to show him inside into a congested area, The last thing they want is a player with pace running past them all day.

Another thing about Right sided players playing on the left, Their timing in the tackle and their strength in the tackle is reduced when doing it on their weaker side.

Barry McKay is a Right footer , with pace, who can go past people, I may be thinking outside the box here, but,,,,,,,

Why not play him on the right ?

Barry McKay is predominately right footed and is much stronger on his right foot. he also has that blistering pace.

Blistering pace that will take him past players with ease and allow him to put quality balls into the box,

Early balls that Little or Clark can attack at the front post or balls to the back post that would be food and drink for Daly or Jig.

cutting inside and having strikes at goal is all fine and well but that is exactly what full backs want when playing against Barry, They want to show him inside into a congested area, The last thing they want is a player with pace running past them all day.

Another thing about Right sided players playing on the left, Their timing in the tackle and their strength in the tackle is reduced when doing it on their weaker side.

Barry McKay is a Right footer , with pace, who can go past people, I may be thinking outside the box here, but,,,,,,,

Good question. Ally quite likes Little on the right, god knows why.

I'm with you! Read my posts on how i think the team should line up.

He's still not made it. Being a squad player and getting 5-10 minutes occasionally isn't making the grade.

I don't think he will amount to more than that If I'm honest. He's still got more in his locker than Aird tho.

How very supportive and encouraging of our younger players - condemned after a few games by the FM loyal

I reckon Ally is playing Smith there so he can cover for Wallace when he bombs forward which would maybe make sense against strong opposition but not in the lower leagues. They don't even combine well compared to him and Templeton in some previous games.

I'm not convinced (as yet) that he has the makings of a player that should start for us on a regular basis. He does look quite good and effective when he comes on as a sub latish in the game but that may be down to part-time defenders being tired rather than McKay's overall ability. I like him and hope he progresses and gets an opportunity to do so in the first team but he's not ready for a regular start at the moment.

Our whole squad looked disinterested last season.

Rubbish.

McKay is a dynamic winger with speed and has not shown that for some time. The last time I properly remember him terrorising a defence was away to Elgin last Christmas.

He's stalled. He made his debut up at St Johnstone two years ago and should have went on to establish himself as a regular at this level, but hasn't.

He has absolutely looked disinterested and his body language, in my opinion, is lax.

For you to point to him or an example on Sunday is incredible.