Barrie McKay yesterday

GOAT

Some players have successful careers primarily in that role. Most of the times last season he started he ended up anonymous in the game. I'm not saying that's all he can be, he's still only 18/19 and can learn, improve, become more consistent as a regular starter. But, right now being able to bring him off the bench is a useful tactic in our squad.

yeah I'd say that's fair

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was on the pitch minutes, and in those minutes done what most either couldn't do or where scared to do. Took a player on and his pace won us a corner.

Start him next week. Let's see what he can do now he has a decent midfield behind him, and a decent attacking midfielder next to him. His pace could destroy teams in this league.

Said that in the game he came on in the 2nd half at home a few weeks ago, we need to be starting him.

I would like to see this team next game, we should be playing attractive attacking football and exploiting the channels and passing teams off the park. I think a 433 is the best way allowing mckay and Temps to switch sides throughout the game with Clark just infront who gave Collocini a right run for his money in the Newcastle friendly when getting balls fed along the ground into him. We dont need a big striker such as Jig or Daly to hold up play if we can pass and move properly and use the pace we have within or squad.

Mcausland and Faure never deserved to be dropped based on their performances this and although you could argue the same for Jig in reality we have better players than him and we need to start playing the best available and not who Ally likes the best.

Bell

Mcausland Moshni Faure Wallace

Black

Macleod Law

Temps McKay

Clark

Doubt i'll ever see this as a starting 11 though more chance of Stevie Smith starting as a striker lol.

Some players have successful careers primarily in that role. Most of the times last season he started he ended up anonymous in the game. I'm not saying that's all he can be, he's still only 18/19 and can learn, improve, become more consistent as a regular starter. But, right now being able to bring him off the bench is a useful tactic in our squad.

these are the years where he will do the bulk of his learning though, so how can he work on being an effective 90minute player if we dont take a chance

the leagues a certainty, boys like him should be starting everygame so they can learn to be consistent by the time we get to the SPFL

Was on the pitch minutes, and in those minutes done what most either couldn't do or where scared to do. Took a player on and his pace won us a corner.

Start him next week. Let's see what he can do now he has a decent midfield behind him, and a decent attacking midfielder next to him. His pace could destroy teams in this league.

Might it not be the fact that he's proving effective as sub because he's fresh and is running ar defenders who are knackered after playing 70 minutes or so? Just because he's an effective sub doesn't mean he'll be as effective at the start of a game. Still a small frame and very young.

I do like him as a player though..

Might it not be the fact that he's proving effective as sub because he's fresh and is running ar defenders who are knackered after playing 70 minutes or so? Just because he's an effective sub doesn't mean he'll be as effective at the start of a game. Still a small frame and very young.

I do like him as a player though..

Start him and see how it goes.

McKay, Crawford, Templeton, McLeod, Clark and McAusland.

Build the team round them and persevere with them ....oops why would you do that when you can bring in 'experience' like Smith, Foster, Daly, Black et al.

McKay and Templeton have the ability to destroy every team in the league but not the confidence or backing.

these are the years where he will do the bulk of his learning though, so how can he work on being an effective 90minute player if we dont take a chance

the leagues a certainty, boys like him should be starting everygame so they can learn to be consistent by the time we get to the SPFL

I'm happy to say I'd give him that patience. Would you? Would the majority on here? Or after a couple of fruitless runs, a poor cross or two that doesn't beat the first man would the groans and moans start that a 19 year old is, shock horror, a bit inconsistent. The manager has to protect young players, especially when those young players are playing for a massive club with 50,000 expectant fans every other week.

I would like to see this team next game, we should be playing attractive attacking football and exploiting the channels and passing teams off the park. I think a 433 is the best way allowing mckay and Temps to switch sides throughout the game with Clark just infront who gave Collocini a right run for his money in the Newcastle friendly when getting balls fed along the ground into him. We dont need a big striker such as Jig or Daly to hold up play if we can pass and move properly and use the pace we have within or squad.

Mcausland and Faure never deserved to be dropped based on their performances this and although you could argue the same for Jig in reality we have better players than him and we need to start playing the best available and not who Ally likes the best.

Bell

Mcausland Moshni Faure Wallace

Black

Macleod Law

Temps McKay

Clark

Doubt i'll ever see this as a starting 11 though more chance of Stevie Smith starting as a striker lol.

Still not convinced with McAusland as a right back but like the look of this team.

Include as many players as we can who are technically gifted, then the more attractive the football should be.

Dont think its ever going to happen mind you.

I'm happy to say I'd give him that patience. Would you? Would the majority on here? Or after a couple of fruitless runs, a poor cross or two that doesn't beat the first man would the groans and moans start that a 19 year old is, shock horror, a bit inconsistent. The manager has to protect young players, especially when those young players are playing for a massive club with 50,000 expectant fans every other week.

I wanted us to use young boys everygame to get them ready fir top flight football, inconsistency from raw players i can take

Inconsistency from older journeymen played out of position that arent good enough for the spfl i cannot (tu)

I wanted us to use young boys everygame to get them ready fir top flight football, inconsistency from raw players i can take

Inconsistency from older journeymen played out of position that arent good enough for the spfl i cannot (tu)

(tu)

Pretty much sums it up (tu)

Coming on at 80 min makes it slightly easier for a pacy winger to have an impact than playing from the start - wingers are hot and cold anyway and as a young player it's not that easy to play well for 90 mon every game - when he played a few last season posters were saying he wouldnae make the grade!

I wasn't completely convinced on mcausland but I think there was defo potential and at least he attempted to make things happen down the flank. Foster looks awful though I understand he hasn't had much game time but the Bristol City fans seemed pretty happy to see him go lol.

We need to give the youngsters a chance and try get them playing attractive football from a young age. Don't think we ever go into any game with any sense of tactics or a team philosophy. Play our best players in the best positions and keep the ball on the deck and we should walk this league playing decent fluid football.

No doubt same old crap next game though lol

him and clark, a bit of pace, hunger and talent and according to the latest poll daly on the bench

Coming on at 80 min makes it slightly easier for a pacy winger to have an impact than playing from the start - wingers are hot and cold anyway and as a young player it's not that easy to play well for 90 mon every game - when he played a few last season posters were saying he wouldnae make the grade!

He's still not made it. Being a squad player and getting 5-10 minutes occasionally isn't making the grade.

I don't think he will amount to more than that If I'm honest. He's still got more in his locker than Aird tho.